“Great place for a cold winter night.”

Naked Oyster Bistro and Raw Bar
Ranked #6 of 200 Restaurants in Hyannis
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Award winning raw bar featuring oysters from the Naked Oyster sea farm in Barnstable. Bistro atmosphere by the bar with quieter dining room in back and wine room downstairs for private parties of 12 to 20. Executive chef/owner Florence Lowell, native of Bordeaux, delivers modern French taste and style utilizing fresh local products from sea and land. Carefully crafted martinis and a well-priced interesting wine list complete the "Oyster" experience. A great place to relax and enjoy food, drink, and friends or for a quiet business lunch.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I let my 12 year old pick the restaurant for a recent weekend on the Cape. She loves oysters and with my fond memories of the Naked Oyster in its former location it was a unanimous choice. Not disappointed, the new location has much better ambiance; warm and cozy with great artwork. Oysters were delicious, mussel special and its broth ... well let's just say we order lots of extra bread for dipping. Artisan salad perfect size for an entree. Too full for dessert but they sounded delicious. Next visit will be for date night - martini menu looks intriquing. Great service and a special night mom/daughter dining experience.

There are newer reviews for Naked Oyster Bistro and Raw Bar

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Date night was a success thanks to the awesome staff here!
The food was incredible, we will absolutely be back!
One of the best in Hyannis...

2  Thank Alex C
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have never written a restaurant review but our entrees were soooo bad that I felt the need. We sat at the bar. We have no complaints about the service or atmosphere. My husband had a dozen local oysters which at $1 each was great. I had a stuffed quohog whick was OK. We both had spinach salads which had a delightful cranberry vinagrette. My husband ordered the baked stuffed lobster which was a special. It was so overcooked that he could not remove it from the shell and had to send it back. They asked if he wanted another but he opted for another special, the bouillabaisse.I got the haddock ponchatrain which was supposed to be blackened haddock with lump crabmeat on creole rice. There was no blackend anything or heat or creole taste of any kind. When I was finished with my meal my husband's bouillabaisse arrived. It had a few clams, some fish, a scallop a wedge of potato and a piece of carrot in a heavy, thick tomato sauce. We have had bouillabaisse in many countries and it has always been broth based. If this is their take on it.......He could not finish it as the sauce overpowed the fish. The manager did agree that the lobster was overcooked. They removed the lobster from the bill and gave us a round of cocktails which was appreciated. They were very accomodating but it was a good meal we were looking for.

1  Thank Tessfitz
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Enjoyed very fresh oysters for $1 each since it was a Monday night. Also available for lunch this month. Bread was fresh and oh so good. Food is on the expensive side, but very good. This is fine dining. Ask what comes with your meal since you may want to order sides to go with it. The Irish coffee is a dessert in itself and absolutely delicious. We also had the bread pudding for dessert, which was sublime.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We went with friends for New Year's Eve, for dinner. Getting reservations a week early was easy, and pleasant. We booked for an early dinner, and we're glad we did, the place filled up quickly after 7. The servers were super friendly and knowledgeable. I had the Escargot followed by the pan sautéed lobster ravioli, raviolis stuffed with native lobster meat sautéed in a sage brown butter & finished with roasted hazelnuts and a fig martini with blue cheese stuffed olives. I can't even begin to tell you have amazing the food was. The portions were just right, enough to satisfy, and just leave you wishing for one more bite. My husband had the Pinehill 12oz. sirloin charbroiled, all natural sirlion steak, finished with a jameson pepper sauce served with garlic mashed potatoes & grilled broccoli, he said his mouth watered the entire meal, and the meat was fork tender. Our friends shared the experience, and said that it was one of the best meals that they'd had in a long time, as well. Definitely not a child friendly menu, it's a bit of a splurge, and the bill can add up, quickly, but for a romantic night, or special occasion, there is no better place!

2  Thank Yogadragon