“Last Minute with Nice Lasting Impression”

Alberto's Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Alberto's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 199 Restaurants in Hyannis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Alberto's Ristorante was established in 1984 at which time, Northern Italian cuisine and fresh homemade pasta were introduced to Cape Cod for the first time. Since then, we have continued this tradition of all fresh ingredients and in-house preparation of every course from the soups to the desserts. Our reputation for casual elegance arises from our emphasis on decor, service, the pride we take in food preparation, and our affordability. Over the years, we have received rave reviews from food critics from the Cape Cod Times, The Boston Globe, The Boston Herald, Cape Cod Life Magazine, Fodor's, AAA, and New York Times critic James Beard for "...exquisite Northern Italian cuisine". Our lounge is the perfect setting for a before dinner cocktail, an after dinner espresso, or an even more casual meal. .
Bourne, Massachusetts
“Last Minute with Nice Lasting Impression”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This was the restaurant we chose to celebrate our anniversary which is also on New Year's Eve. We called multiple restaurants in the lower Cape area but all were totally booked or doing ridiculously priced Prix Fixe menus. So we came across Alberto's...they had an open reservation and we just decided to take it so we weren't left sitting at home.

They were very accommodating with our table choice. They let us choose between table and booth even though the restaurant was very busy. Our waiter was very attentive and helpful with suggestions. We ordered a bottle of wine which they let us taste first. Then, halfway through our first glass the waiter came by the table to refill for us. Most places don't do that so I thought it was a nice touch.

Appetizers were so flavorful and clever. We had the gnocchi sorrentina for an app and expected normal size gnocchi but they were handmade, tiny and a delicious broth-like sauce. We practically licked the bowl. Bruschetta was also delicious and unique. It had a layer of pesto and red onion in addition to the classic tomato/basil topping.

Our meals were good. Not as good as the appetizers but still good. We stayed for about 2 hours and enjoyed each other's company and conversation. Despite the place being very busy it wasn't loud and we weren't on top of other tables.

All in all, we'd definitely go back again. They did a nice job on a very busy night of the year when they are crazy busy so they must be even better on an average day.

Good for romantic evenings/couples, girlfriends, families...really a place for anyone who enjoys good food and service.

1 Thank Victoria724

• Finnish first
Falmouth, Massachusetts, United States
“I love this restaurant!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have eaten at Alberto's Ristorante many times. I brought my mother and my two adult daughters for their first visit to this restaurant for a Holiday meal. The selections on the menu a numerous and varied. We each tried different appetizers and different entrees with satisfaction except one-the gnocchi was awful. The cannelloni was very good and the house salad is sweet and delicious! The restaurant is nicely decorated. The host who seated us should be fired--he is unfriendly, unkempt in appearance, and neglectful (no greeting, walked right past us as we waited for service to be seated). I've come across him at previous visits and I just don't know why this otherwise good restaurant keeps him in employment. We were there for dinner on Monday, December 23-not a busy night. Our waiter was very attentive and friendly (to balance the host?).

1 Thank Joan B
Osterville, Massachusetts
“Disappointed lunch”
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

We were very disappointed with our meals and the service at lunch. We we're seated immediately and place our drink order. A second staff person served our drinks and then we waited...and waited. My husband had to get up and go to the back of the resturant and ask if they forgot about us! They came and took our dinner order and again.....we waited and waited. I joked that they must have ran out of the ingredents and went out to shop! I ordered the Chicken Zingarella which was missing the artichoke hearts which was stated on the menu. Very bland. My husband had the Sinatra which was just ok. The whole terrible experience took about an hour an a half. There were only 4 tables taken so it wasn't that they were to busy with the holiday season. They shouldn't be open to the lunch crowd if they aren't interested in serving them. Over rated. We won't go back.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank seggycc
Felis B, Owner at Alberto's Ristorante, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
I am truly sorry for your unpleasant lunch experience with us. The wait is not supposed to be that long and I apologize for the inconvenience. We strive for excellence at both lunch and dinner service hours. I hope you will give us another chance!
Osterville, Massachusetts, USA
“Very Good Italian Cuisine in Hyannis”
Reviewed December 12, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

It is a very dependable and reliable Italian cuisine in down town Hyannis and the food and service are both good.

Visited October 2013
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Gluten Allergy beware”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We heard a lot of good things about Alberto’s, but our experience was less than enjoyable. While attending a Christmas party in a function room at Alberto’s I was served a meal with gluten. We had reserved a gluten free meal weeks before, confirmed when we arrived, and confirmed when it was served. Unfortunately the waitress did not know if the meal was gluten free and it was brought back to the kitchen. It later returned several minutes later. The staff was kind, but I never saw a manager or chef after the mistake, which made it difficult to trust the waitress. It is too bad; I had looked forward to the meal.

• Visited December 2013
Felis B, Owner at Alberto's Ristorante, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience with the requested gluten free meal. The waitress at the time made a mistake with the seat chart and took her little time to fix it. It was brought to my attention after the fact and this is the reason why I did not address it. I assure you the safety of all our guests is our highest priority. I hope we will see you again!