“Nice evening...”

Sam Diego's
Ranked #22 of 194 Restaurants in Hyannis
Cuisines: Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located directly "West" of the Cape Cod Mall entrance-way on Rt. 132, And independently owned since 1982, our Mexican Cookery & Bar has been a longstanding gathering spot for both neighborhood locals and out-of-town visitors alike. We offer a full menu of delicious award-winning Mexican & Tex-Mex selections, Southwestern Specialties, Bar-be-Que, Gluten Free and Vegan menu, various Salads, SAMwiches & SAMburgers. We also offer an extensive "Young Juan's" kid's menu with coloring pages 'n crayons
Barnstable, Massachusetts
“Nice evening...”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very family friendly texmex restaurant. My husband and I enjoyed a nice evening out the other night. I would highly recommend the watermelon marguerita on the rocks with sugared rim. Service was attentive and friendly. I had the double crusted mexican pizza that easily enough for 3 people. My husband had the pulled pork meal and found the same to be true. Fun decor reminded us of our trips to Mexico. Complimentary tortilla chips and salsa were just o.k. Will return any time I am craving another watermelon marguerita! :)

Cotuit, Massachusetts
“Happy Gringo”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We have been coming to Sam Diego's for years and have never been disappointed with our meals. The food is always served hot and most impressive to me is that if you order a steak or burger medium rare you get medium rare! My favorite meal is the Drunken Matador. For desert you have to try the Fried Ice Cream, enough for two to share.

Herefordshire
“Decent food at very affordable prices”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

To be honest I've never eaten great Mexican food in the USA, but this was good for the price but there was way too much choice on the menu and half of it appeared to have nothing to do with Mexican cuisine.
The service was friendly but our American friends who run the best B&B in Hyannis said they were getting a bit fed up with the waitress hovering around us and thought the European way of placing your cutlery to show you have finished eating would help in the USA.

Visited August 2013
stockport, england
“Worst dining experience ever”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

If we hadn't gone here with our American host family I would have walked out when the clueless waitress couldn't understand the most basic of requests. I most certainly would have sent the revolting looking and lukewarm food back and refused to pay. The chimichanga was so disgusting that my son took one bite and had to go to the restroom to spit it out. I managed a couple of bites but then also had to visit the restroom which was another experience altogether! To say it looked tired and in need of a revamp is an understatement! The 2 'stalls' (for a restaurant that must seat at least 100-150) have doors that finish a foot from the floor and touch your knees when seated leaving your feet and lower legs in the aisle!!
I couldn't wait to leave and forget the whole experience, trying not to think of the wasted money.

1 Thank Foxy0304
Fletcher, Vermont
“It's ok”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Overpriced. Not overly impressed with food, it wasn't bad, only average. Chips good, salsa only so so. Good frozen drink menu.