“Predictable- but good”

Sam Diego's
Ranked #18 of 200 Restaurants in Hyannis
Cuisines: Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located directly "West" of the Cape Cod Mall entrance-way on Rt. 132, And independently owned since 1982, our Mexican Cookery & Bar has been a longstanding gathering spot for both neighborhood locals and out-of-town visitors alike. We offer a full menu of delicious award-winning Mexican & Tex-Mex selections, Southwestern Specialties, Bar-be-Que, Gluten Free and Vegan menu, various Salads, SAMwiches & SAMburgers. We also offer an extensive "Young Juan's" kid's menu with coloring pages 'n crayons
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Have never been to one of these, but did not want to do a "fine-dining" tonight. We went late, after the crowds, and had a very nice meal. Wife likes Mexican, so she got the taco salad. Too much to finish. I had the rib dinner, which was not far off from the TGI Fridays that I know so well. The fact that they sell Merlot by the 1/2 carafe was a bonus. Most of these places hammer you with the drink prices. My 19 oz. Bud should have been a 22 oz., but it was real Bud, which a lot of places don't stock anymore. The chips and salsa in the beginning were a nice touch. Service was very friendly and prompt.

There are newer reviews for Sam Diego's

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Went on a Friday night at 6 pm. We got a table immediately and the service was fast. Enjoyed Chimichanga and Chicken Caesar Fajita Salad (although I did not see a Fajita on the plate). Conveniently located across the street from the Days Inn where we were staying. Returned Saturday night at 7 pm because other restaurants all had waiting lines. We had to wait 30 minutes for a table but we enjoyed a Cimarron steak (cook to my liking) and Coconut Chicken dish. Extremely busy but service was good. Price on each night was approx. $35.00 for two people

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have eaten at Sam Diego's several times over many years. I have always had good Mexican food here and good service. The restaurant is clean with a friendly rustic Mexican decor. The food is your basic Mexican fare with generous portions and fair prices. What is disappointing was that when I ordered a Basic/House Margaretta, I was charged for a top-shelf Cuervo Gold Margaretta, not just once, but on three consecutive visits! Each time after calling the waitress on the "mistake", she suggested that I was wrong, but, okay, she'll take care of it. Obviously the waitstaff tries to edge up the bill in an effort to increase the tip! Review your bill carefully!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

They have a very large menu. Something for everyone. Love the home made chips with salsa that the serve immediately. We eat here often. Food is wonderful, service is great and prices are reasonable. Drinks are the best!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Ok folks, this is one of my regular restaurants for dinner.
Its a Southwestern/Mexican style and I love the food,
The waitstaff are friendly and prompt... ( I prefer sitting in the bar area,, quicker service and you its more social)
They are very consistent with providing good quality Southwestern style food
Excellent cheese and onion enchiladas,, the Guacamole is very good too
The lunch taco bar is a really good bargain.
Cant go wrong with this place..
Try it!