“Ok but too much $ for what you get”

Gringo's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #147 of 200 Restaurants in Hyannis
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My wife and I stopped in for a quick lunch and immediately were taken back by the service. A waitress or hostess, not sure what her role was, greeted us with a dead stare and after a few minutes of standing around told us to sit where we wanted. We sat ourselves outside and she took our orders. The food came in a timely manner, although the waitress quickly lost interest and began texting on her cell phone and left us hanging while I waited to get another drink. The food was ok, but for the money it did not match up. I ordered the fish tacos special and the flavor was non existent. They put a pile of cole slaw on the plate that was so wet it leaked all over the fish and ruined the dish. My wife ordered a salad that came in a fried mexican basket. Salad was good but not worth $13. I've eaten in Mexico and this was not authentic by any means. The guacamole was bland and was loaded with more onions that guacamole. I dont think I would go back for dinner as the prices are way high on entrees and the service was poor.

There are newer reviews for Gringo's Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Seemed like a good place to stop. Drinks were good, food was very average. Thankfully we only had apps. Would not recommend =/

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Margaritas were so weak and food not fresh. Nice helpful waitress but that's about all!! Outside dining seemed like a good idea at the time but quality of food just made it a bad experience.

Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

The only good was our waiteress and outside seating Food is bad. Though it would be better since it was on main strip. Had a burger and the roll had what looked like a bite taken out of it. We had the taco chicken my only had two bites of it

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The service was really slow and the food was just average, overpriced for the quality. Would not recommend this place.