“Great location and atmosphere, but food okay”
Review of Prova Brazil - CLOSED

Prova Brazil
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Headed to Prova about 7:30 on a Saturday night with a friend. We waited a few minutes and then we were seated at an outside table. I tried the white sangria which was yummy. I'm not a big drinker but it was so good I had a second glass. The atmosphere was great with live music, fire pit and people. The bread and dipping oil was good. My friend enjoyed his 2 martinis. We shared an order if calamari which was very slow to come out. I think they forgot about it because we put the order way before we ordered our entrees. I had the lobster ravioli with a cream sauce. The sauce was delicious but I only tasted lobster in 1 bite of my whole meal. It pretty much tasted like plain old cheese ravioli. For the price I should have tasted it a lot more. My friend had the chicken sambuca (I think that's the name). He said it was too salty and just ok. The calamari was average and they had fried pieces of jalapeños with it but you couldn't tell the difference in look. It got to be annoying when I kept biting into those. Our waiter was very nice and the host was too. We were able to linger and relax after meal was all done and paid for. I'd go back but just for a sangria on the patio. Save my money for food somewhere else.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Seriously a huge surprise. The food was so delicious. Homemade Italian at its finest (found out the chefs are of Naples Italy.) I had the veal picatta. Lite lemon and veal was tender. The best I ever had. My husband got the chicken marsala. Tender chicken in a scrumptious sauce. We say outside and it was delightful. Nice open fires everywhere. Inside is a huge open plan and surprisingly elegant and cozy. It is our new favorite place. Met owners too and told them. Bravo!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was recently redone, inside and out. I noted others comments about poor service, and quite honestly, they must have been at a different restaurant, or would hired by a competitor. The outside area is fun, and crowded. It is Cape Cod in the summer.
We chose to eat inside. Listened to a couple of cool guys playing blues, and they said they were from Chicago.
Our food service was prompt. I am not sure I would rate the steaks as highly as the waiter, but they were good. The drinks served are larger then most other places on the street.
I think the place has some growing pains, but I would go back again.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Had a fine dinner here during our stay in Yarmouth. Read the reviews afterward and was shocked at some of the comments. We were wandering around Hyannis and there were long waits everywhere but we managed to find Prova Brazil and they were willing to combine two outdoor tables to handle our large party immediately. The place was busy but we didn't have much of a wait for any of our food. Salads were very average but the meals were all delicious. It's definitely more of an Italian restaurant - didn't see evidence of the 'Brazilian' influence expect perhaps in the steak preparation, but we all ordered pasta dishes. My Fruitti di Mare was full of mussels, calamari, and shrimp in a delicious sauce which my companion thought wasn't very traditional, but tasty nontheless. Service was good and water glasses were kept full. Prices were reasonable for dining in Hyannis. Sitting outside was very pleasant with live entertainment.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Service was awful! Our salads were brought to us yet we had no silverware. The waiter had no recollection of us ordering an appetizer so that never came. The main course was disgusting, I've had better salmon at a wedding. The owner was very present, however had no clue and clung to a group of men who had just been in a fight. Embarrassed to have even gone to dinner here, I hope this place closes so people aren't taken advantage of like we were. Looks amazing from the outside, but is so far from it!!!!

1  Thank Bandm114