DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis
Cape Codder Resort & Spa(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
$279
Cape Cod Harbor House Inn(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
$199
SeaCoast Inn(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
$169
$134
$354
Simmons Homestead Inn(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
$200
$180
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiessmall airportfire pitcape codnice hotelfitness centerhyannis airportlobby baroutdoor poolclose to the airportbreakfast buffethealth clubbusy roadhotel restaurantfront desk staffstaff was very friendly and helpful
Reviewed March 7, 2013

There are times when 3 stars seems to be be too mean and 4 stars seem too generous, and this is one of those occasions.

A strange experience. The good - the reception staff were incredibly friendly, welcoming and warm every time I encountered them. The bedrooms and public areas appeared to be freshly refurbished - we thought it was a new hotel. The bed room was very comfortable - unlike some other reviewers I found the beds incredibly comfortable. The bathroom was clean, the towels big and fluffy, and the water piping hot. The window opened allowing fresh air rather than air conditioned air - which at times is nice. Parking was outside the door. The hotel staff recognised me as a Hilton Diamond, and there is always the Doubletree cookie to add to, pardon the pun, the brownie points.

The not so good - the environment around the hotel was very strange - a semi industrial, semi retail area close to the airport. The hotel website says that the hotel is situated in the beautiful heart of Cape Cod. Rest assured that if the area in which the hotel is located is NOT beautiful by any stretch of the imagination. Cape Cod is beautiful, the hotel environs not so.

The hotel is a large low level property. We are at the the very far end away from reception. The restuarant serving breakfast was at the very opposite corner of the hotel - as far from reception in the other direction as our room was away from it. It was a long long walk to get to the restaurant. Whoever put the the restaurant close to a half mile walk from some of the rooms needs their head examining.

As a Diamond member, I was given vouchers for breakfast. Note that these are only for continental. Arrival at the restaurant was not great, and the staff member on duty had English so poor that I could not understand her, and there seemed to no awareness of what the supplement would be to upgrade to a full breakfast - other than there would be a supplement. We retraced the mammoth walk back to our room and went off to Friendly's up the road for a Big Two Do for $4.79!

We also had a problem with the TV - a number of the channels pixelated with great regularity so the extent that some channels were unwatchable. This was not a massive deal, but would have been if we'd have been snowed in with only TV to watch.

Checkout was smooth and as ever the staff were friendly. Once again it is attention to detail. 3 stars seems too harsh as the beds were very comfortable and the room lovely, but the negatives of breakfast and the mis-sold description of the environment mean it shouldn't be a 4. But as there is not 3.5 on Tripadvisor, I've given the benefit of the doubt to the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank David W
HYHI, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your insights regarding your recent stay - and thanks for giving us the benefit of the doubt on the overall score :) We're glad that many of the areas you mentioned were very positive and we will certainly work on the areas where we can improve. We wish too that our restaurant was a little more central to all of our guestrooms - it can be a bit of a "hike" from the farthest rooms. Although Hilton HHonors member's (Gold and Diamond) do receive complimentary breakfast as a benefit, the breakfast offerings are not always consistent from hotel to hotel - as a brand we need to work on that. Nonetheless, we are sorry that the upgrade to a full breakfast was poorly explained and we are addressing your concern with our food and beverage personnel. We appreciate your input and hope that we will have the pleasure of seeing you again as we strive to continually improve the guest experience.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This used to be a Radisson property. Hilton took it over and did a complete remodel and, on the surface, they did a great job. The lobby is beautiful, with comfortable chairs and a very lovely fireplace. The front desk Assistant Manager greeted us warmly and welcomed us as Hilton Honors members. Things went downhill from there. This is a large, sprawling property with two floors. Both my husband and I have severe arthritis and we were very dismayed to learn that there was only one elevator to service the second floor and it was quite a distance from the lobby. The room was very nicely furnished and the bathroom was beautiful with a wonderful walk-in shower. There are three restaurants; the one open for dinner on this night was Vesta, which is not really a restaurant, but the bar. It did have a few tables and I must say it was beautifully done. However, service in Vesta is worse than poor. The female wait person could not speak/understand English. The bartender took over. Our order was very simple - clam chowder and a grilled cheese sandwich for each of us. We waited at least 30 minutes before the soup was served and then it was barely warm. We told the bartender and he offered it put it in the microwave for us. That was the last straw. We got up and left. As we approached the Pantry to try to find something we could eat in our room, the front desk Assistant Manager asked what was wrong. He agreed that the service was unacceptable and offered to get us anything we wanted from the menu and have it delivered to our room. He also gave us tickets for a free breakfast the next morning. When the food arrived, the soup was excellent and hot. The rest of the meal was ok. The next morning we went to the breakfast buffet - again the food was barely warm. The bed was very uncomfortable and the pillows were useless. I explained all of this to the front desk Assistant Manager on the morning of our departure. I really think they want to do a good job, and maybe our experiences will make it better for the next guests. All in all, a very bad experience for us. There are many wonderful places to stay on the Cape, most especially the Daniel Webster Inn, where we would have stayed if they had a vacancy.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, ask for a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gtmomama
HYHI, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your input and we will use your comments on our service and dining experience as we constantly look for ways to improve our guests' satisfaction. We know our guests deserve the best in service and amenities and we regret this was not your experience. Having incorporated your review into our ongoing training we hope you will consider staying with us and letting us know how we are doing should you travel through our area again in the future.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My stay at this property was definitely enjoyable. The rooms were spacious, the staff were very nice, and the property overall was amazing. I would not only stay at this property again, but I would also recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a nice and clean hotel. A couple weeks after I stayed at the property I noticed something was odd about the bill, so I called and spoke with more than one employee about my problem, after they explained my bill, I still didnt understand. After all, it was my mistake, even though it took many of times explaining, for me to understand, the employees were very patient. I definitely appreciated that before anything. I just want to thank the staff for an amazing time!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank tyann21

Thank you so much for your kind words. We were very happy to hear that you had an "amazing time" here and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again (and thanks for passing on your recommendation - very much appreciated!).

Reviewed February 7, 2013

As a Hilton Honors member we were greeted very warmly and sincere by the front desk staff upon our check-in. The room was warm and very clean, the bathroom was spotless. We were in town only for one night, being from Cape Cod I knew my way around and the local spots. The beds were the best we ever slept in so comfortable the wife and I inquired on the make of the beds as we wish to purchase this brand.
After a great nite's sleep we checked out on time in a rapid amount of time. We were thanked by the front desk staff and they said they hope to see us again. I said we will be back and thanks for a wonderful stay. Can not go wrong with the Hilton Brand never had a problem at all from Florida to Massachusetts. Double Tree my preference all the wauy!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Johnc51_13
HYHI, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Yeah!! What wonderful comments! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with the readers of TripAdvisor. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Quite a find. The Cape seems to lack this kind of quality hotel. It's a bit chic. The room was well appointed, and very comfortable. The fitness center is awesome, not one of those usual hotel facilities with a few treadmills and only one cable machine. It is the home of Cape Fitness, a real full fledged fitness center. We will be staying again!

Room Tip: They do have rooms with jetted tubs for a bit more!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gsouthjr

Thank you for your "five star" review! We're glad you found us and look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Thank you very much for taking the time to write.