“Decent Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
south wales
“Decent Hotel”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights while on a tour. Hotel was ok good location if you have a car but not so good if your walking although the town was just a 5 minute taxi ride. The rooms were ok, clean and comfortable. Disappointingly the hotel bar closed really early on a Friday night and on the Sat wasn't open so you had to use the restaurant bar. The lobby was nice with a lovely fire and the staff where really nice and polite. Would recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HYHI, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thanks for sharing your comments regarding your experience. We're glad that you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable. We are evaluating our lobby bar hours and we will likely be revising - since you're right - the lobby area is a comfortable area to relax in. Thanks again for writing!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
USA
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The hotel is a bit rundown, and it is difficult to navigate through the many corners in order to find the elevator, and the restaurant. The room is big, but the bathroom is smaller compared to other hotels we stayed in. There is a safe, and a fridge in the room but no microwave. Since I am a Gold member, I have complimentary breakfast, but it is restricted to only "continental breakfast" only. We did not know about that, and was charged $10.00. Garden Hilton Inn gave us FULL complimentary breakfast, but not DoubleTree!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 5flower
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your feedback. We are sorry that we failed to meet your expectation for our property - please know that we continue to make additioanal improvements to our hotel as we continue to move forward. The specific breakfast offerings for Hilton Honors members do vary by the specific Hilton brand, however, we understand that the differences between the various Hilton family brands can make it confusing from the customer's point of view. We believe Hilton is working on a resolution to this issue. Thanks again for your feedback.
Queen Creek, Arizona
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Our recent stay at the Double Tree was great. We had a nice room, comfortable beds and a nice, although small bathroom and yet a spacious shower. The staff was very friendly and helpful and it was convenient to everything we needed while in Hyannis. The best part for me was the full gym that is right in the hotel. Cape Cod Fitness (used to be a Golds I was told) was a full gym and had a very complete weight floor and cardio area. For me, a dream come true :)

Room Tip: We had a room on the back side at the very end. There's a door with a key card swipe right ther...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Marla B
New Castle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I had a large group recently to the Double Tree in Hyannis, MA and found the rooms to be spotlessly clean with nice large rest rooms and great linens. Housekeeping was excellent. The new lobby is beautiful, although the bar service could use some help. The breakfast buffet was fantastic, but again they need a little help with coffee service. The on property restaurant is lovely with good food and the artisan pizzas are great, but again service is an issue. If you have lots of time, it is a good place to eat. The location is good, being very close to the ferry port for Nantucket and the Vineyard and there are some places walking distance, although not many. The outdoor pool looks lovely and there is also a large indoor pool. I would recommend it.

Room Tip: The hotel is a bit like a maze and the rooms to the left of the lobby, 301 and up are more easily ac...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Charlene T
Owasso, Ok
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed four nights at the Doubletree as a part of a tour. The room was clean and comfortable. Housekeeping never did leave the appropriate number of towels so every day we had to request additional ones. The hotel was quiet even though it is located on a busy road.

The landscaping of the hotel was nice which added to it's peaceful atmosphere. The gardens included statues of children at play.

Breakfast buffet was included with our room. The staff was not able to keep up with the flow of people into the serving area. They were not helpful and only provided coffee, silverware, etc when asked and then they acted like the requests were a bother. The buffet itself offered varied choices each morning.

The hotel is located across from the airport and away from the main part of town. If you did not want to eat at the dining room there were not many other options within walking distance.

I would probably look for other lodging options when we return to the Cape.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Doylestown, Ohio
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The Double Tree is newly remodeled and re-opened hotel. The make-over is nice, but it does not feel like a new hotel or Double Tree. Nevertheless, it is very nice and the room price is reasonable for Cap Code. It is located on a fairly busy road, so getting in/out of the parking lot can take a few minutes depending on the time of day. The front desk staff was very friendly, greeting us each day when we walked through the lobby. They are trying hard, but it is clear that they are still working out the bugs. Our King Bed room was average/smaller sized, clean and had a comfortable bed. The furniture and bedding was upscale. The room was nicely decorated and the bathroom was very large; ours had a two person Jacuzzi/shower combo. The room doors were very loud and noisy; you could hear every door slam down the entire long hall. As luck would have it our room was near the maintenance room and they must have opened and shut/slammed the door 20 times each night, luckily stopping by 11 pm. I can't only blame the maintenance staff for slamming doors, our neighbors were equally rude, what do people not get about being courteous to the people around you? If you are a light sleeper or try to go to bed early, I would look elsewhere. We were given provided a voucher for a continental breakfast because of our Hilton Honor level. For an additional $4 per person, you could upgrade to a full buffet which was very worth it. The waitress and staff at the restaurant were very friendly and attentive. Even though the hotel seemed busy the restaurant did not seem very busy in the morning. The hotel has a large outdoor and indoor pool and a nice gym. The area definitely needed a upscale hotel, I am just not sure this one quite made the Double Tree mark. The Doubletree was comparable in price to the Hampton down the road and if it remains that way, I would try it again on our next visit, but definitely stay away from the elevators or maintenance rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room on the left side of the lobby facing the rear or inside of the complex. Ma...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ZIPPY87ME
Brockton, MA
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I recently stayed at this property for one night. At check in I requested a room with regular mattresses rather than the sleep number beds that were leftover from when the property was a Radison Hotel. When I got to the room I found that my room had the sleep number beds. When you sit on a sleep number bed the outside edges of the mattress are firm and the center of the mattress is soft. I went to the front desk to report this and the manager told me the man I spoke to did not know that particular room had the sleep number beds. That made me wonder why he would give me this room after I specifically asked for a room with regular mattresses. Not very honest. I am sure they have some way of marking which rooms have new mattresses as opposed to the old sleep number ones. The manager did get back to me with a room on the other side of the hotel far away from where the rest of my family was staying that I could switch to. I decided to stay where I was since we only had one person in each bed which worked out alright and it was only for one night. Just disappointed to be given incorrect information.
The hotel itself is very attractive and has many sitting areas which are very comfortable. This includes lots of outside sitting areas also..
The hotel rooms are also very nicely appointed. The bathroom is especially nice with a very large shower.
We also had breakfast at the restaurant which was pricey. We had the buffet which I believe was around $12. It had the usual eggs, french toast, bacon, fruit and pastries along with cereal. It might have been better if they were able to keep the food warm. I noticed that they had small warmers underneath the plans but did not keep them covered so any heat was lost. I am sure they can do a better job with this breakfast buffet. There was a very nice person named Jessica who was working there. She was very friendly and helpful.
Some extra training probably is in order for this hotel. Front desk could be more friendly, welcoming and knowledgeable. Once they remove the old mattresses I am sure these rooms will be great. Not sure why they would choose to keep these sleep number beds anyway. So may people have had problems with them. Especially where you can't adjust it yourself. You have to get maintenance to come to your room to do that. Just strange.

Room Tip: Please check bed when you get in your room. You may have to pull the bed out from the wall to see i...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MCMcBrockton_MA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth
SeaCoast Inn
#3 of 22 in Hyannis
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cape Cod Hyannis
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis? Share your experiences!