“World Class Braised Rabbit at Bistro de Soleil”
Review of Bistrot de Soleil

Bistrot de Soleil
Ranked #32 of 202 Restaurants in Hyannis
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I had the absolute pleasure last night of a world class meal right here on Cape Cod!
In my business I travel quite a bit, most recently to Washington DC and eat in many high end restaraunts and last night I found my new alltime favorite.
Last night I had the great fortune of eating one of the finest meals I have had in years right here on Cape Cod at the Bistrot de Soleil.
The meal I chose last night was the Braised Rabbit.
The mael began with agreat fresh and crispy Ceaser salad. The main course consited of a braised rabbit with fresh carrots and roasted fingeling potatoes, both of which tasted like they were just delivered from the farm.
The rabbit was braised in a red wine sauce, the meat was white and flaky falling off the bone tender.
The taste of the rabbit was incredible, the portions generous and I could have eaten three of these dinners it was so good. The New York Cheesecake was incredible also.
The service and atmosphere was excellent, my drink was a very generous pour and the attention given bty the host and her master chef husband is worthy of any world class restaraunt.
This is an absolute find that I would give a 15 on a scale of 10!
I look forward to the next meal with great anticipation.
Well done!!

2  Thank Cliff C

Reviewed November 26, 2013

The food was great ... not your typical Cape seafood place ... although they do have great seafood!

The Prix Fixe menu is an amazing value, so make a reservation when they offer it ... appetizer, main course, and dessert, with a glass of the house wine for ~$20 to ~$35! On weekends they typically offer the Prix Fixe from 4:30 to 6:00pm, but that evening they had extended it 'till 6:30, and although it was closer to 7:00 before we ordered, the waiter said it was still available! (That type of thing makes you want to come back and recommend the restaurant to others!)

I had a poached salmon in parchment ... excellent! A very pleasant dinner.

4  Thank MassCouple2
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this restaurant. I had read some very unfavorable previous reviews on other sites such as Yelp. I went with my Mom & Aunt for a birthday dinner. This restaurant has some great choices from risottos, to seafood, to beef, to pasta. I feel that they have something for everyone. Another great thing they do is a prix fixe menu that is available 7 days a week from 4:30pm-6pm. These meals come with an appetizer, entree, dessert, and includes a glass of wine. The meals range from $20-$30. Great value when you think about it! My Mom & Aunt went with the prix fixe menu. My Mom got the surf & turf which was a pork tenderloin and 2 jumbo size shrimp. She said it was delicious. My aunt got the steak frites which she said was perfectly cooked and melt in your mouth good. I opted to go with the regular menu and had the Coquilles St. Jacques. OMG! Beautiful giant sea scallops that were cooked perfectly with a mushroom sherry sauce over pappardelle pasta. Definitely would go back to this restaurant!

3  Thank LisaFrankie
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Exceptional service and food was awesome. I got the beef Wellington and my wife had the veal saltimbucca simply wonderful and reasonably priced.

4  Thank foodandtravelcritic
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Sometimes you can tell the owners care for their restaurant, I mean not just care to make money but actually care to make good food ! This is one such place.

This place was recommended by the Seas Coast Inn, and I had to thank them for sure. I wanted to make this a special evening and take my wife to a special dinner. But thanks to the restaurant they indeed completed the circle !

From the name and looks you might think it's expensive but believe me this is one of the BEST VALUE place. Don't compare it to a cheap typical American rush in - Fill up - Rush out place. If you want a good restaurant with good food and a nice ambiance without burning a hole in your wallet then their "Prix Fixe Menu" is THE thing.

I'd definitely recommend their Prix Fixe Menu. The entire dinner will definitely fill you up. Try it - You won't be disappointed.

I rate food based of the 3 criteria...
►Taste - Very Good