“Nice Casual Italian Fare”
Review of Pizza Barbone

Pizza Barbone
Ranked #2 of 202 Restaurants in Hyannis
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We had a a nice casual evening meal in Pizza Barbone. The pizza was tasty if not stunning and the service was prompt and helpful. The winelist had good variety also.

1  Thank Patrick D

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We went on a fishing trip out of Barnstable and returned just after sunset. Everyone was hungry. We drove 5 minutes to Barbone. I have a wood burning pizza oven at home, so I was very excited to try the highly-rated pies here. The oven is a work of art in itself. I chatted with the pizzaiolo about temperature, dough, and timing. They bake their pies at around 900F, which takes all of 60 seconds! The toppings were very fresh and bright flavored. This is some of the best pizza I've had anywhere. If you like pizza, you should definitely go, but don't be expecting NY style pizza (which I love too). These are very authentic Naples-style pizzas.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband, daughter, son in law and two year old granddaughter stopped here for lunch. We were so happy with our appetizers, one made of chick pea crostini and roasted cauliflower. The pizzas, Forrest mushroom , and soprasetta were delicious. My two year old granddaughter ate her individual marguerita pizza almost all by herself. The staff was cur tepid and attentive. GREAT FOOD!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Every Sunday night on Cape Cod, we have a tradition of Pizza night. I'm part of a family of excellent chefs and they all try to outdo each other - it makes for fantastic summer meals. By Sunday night we are too tired and want to kick back with pizza. We've been on a never ending quest to find the very best pizza on Cape Cod. We found it at Pizza Barbone. We chill at the bar, have a glass of red wine while we wait, and take the pipping hot pies home. Oh, and for great service, ask for Alex. Tell him Pam and Paco sent you.

1  Thank pamelayates
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Really must eat here for great quality in food and staff. One of the better places I have eaten....appetizers, desserts...all worthy of a great visit.

1  Thank keep0nm0ving