“Smaller Menu=Fresher Ingredients”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2013

As a Foodie, I am also a fan of the Food Channel. It seems whenever they make over a restaurant on the "Restaurant Impossible" show, there is a suggestion to "pare down the menu" to a lot fewer selections. In all of my travels and experiences at restaurants, I can honestly say that when it comes to local places, fewer choices=fresher tasting selections.

This place has a very small menu, however, everything we had was of superior quality. The salads were outstanding and easily make up half of your meal. The night that I visited, I had a salad with oranges, almonds and champagne vinegar. The pizzas are made in a wood fired oven with fresh ingredients.

The Margherita pizza tastes similar to what I had in Italy...San Marzano Tomatoes, fresh cheese and basil. Suggestion...they should chiffonade their basil so that it covers more surface area of the pizza.

If this place was in my own home neighborhood, I would go there at least twice a month.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I split a house made sweet sausage pizza with my husband and it was very good. The crust was nice and thin and the toppings fresh. We did speak to the owner who was very proud of what they offer and how important it was to make the best foods. They do offer daily specials which also sounded tasty!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I consider myself a pizza connoisseur and I'll hop on a plane to try a great pizza. I saw this place on the Phantom Gourmet and I was intrigued. The Phantom made it sound like this place was on par with Santarpio's and the original Pizzeria Regina. So off I went somewhat skeptical. I sat right at the bar where Jason (Owner and Chef) was preparing the pizzas. I had a great time talking to him and really came away with an amazing appreciation for his talents. He basically built the place out himself. We had a laugh about how some customers thought this pizza was burnt when in fact it was slightly and perfectly charred due to the wood fired oven. By the way, the pizzas cook in about 3 minutes (That's cool). This place has the best pizza on the Cape and is on par with Santarpios and Regina (I don't say that lightly). Expect to pay a premium for this pizza, but, understand your getting the best damn pizza on the Cape. Forget about the lunch sized pizza and order the full sized pizza. It is surprising light and one person will have no problem eating it all.

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

The pizza was a take on artisanal pizza. I had the margherita. It was pretty good. Slightly undercooked. I felt like the oven needed to be hotter to develop a better crust. It didn't have the crispy texture that I associate with a top shelf pie. Pizza is soooo subjective though that some people might strongly prefer this. I like a nice crisp with slightly airy outer crust.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Had dinner here the other night ... had the house-made sausage and my partner had the pizza verde, with arugula, balsamic vinegar, roasted garlic ... both were delicious. We enjoy dining here. The staff is very friendly and the owner stopped over to say hello, which is always a nice touch! But it's all about the PIZZA here, which is sublime. The sausage pizza was so wonderful with the soft cheese, nice topping of sausage and chewy crust. The verde pizza was equally as creative and delicious and the roasted garlic was just about perfect! We like that the tables aren't crammed so close together and you can watch the pizza being cooked in the beautiful wood-burning pizza oven. If you like REAL pizza, this is the place to eat it in the Mid Cape.