“Nice little spot, inside and out”

Beech Tree Cantina NOW REOPENED as The Twisted Tree
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My friend and I went to Hyannis for a 3 day girls getaway. She came across a Groupon for the Beech Tree Cantina and the menu looked really reasonable and good. I have been to the outdoor Beech Tree deck with the huge, beautiful beech tree with my husband in the past, but we've only ever gotten drinks. I can remember this place being closed for some time, but the new and improved place is great. The outside fireplace is really nice and a great spot to sit with a cocktail. The margarita's, as most have commented, are well made. There's a nice koi pond and the waiter got us food and let us feed them. He just threw a handful in and said he does that all the time. I don't think that's good for the fish? We then went inside to eat. The complimentary salsa and warm chips were nice. The burrito's were a good size and the rice was tasty. My mojito was nice and refreshing. Can't wait to go back next summer with hubby.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is a nice place to go in the summer and have a drink outside around the beautiful beechtree out back. Thats about it.My wife and i went yesterday inside for lunch around 1'00pm on Columbus day weekend.We should have gotten a clue when there was only one party eating here.My wife got the open faced ahi tuna tacos. They were gross. Three tiny flat tacos with avacado and one tiny piece of tuna on each for 15.00. The tuna was mushy which is not fresh.I got the full rack of baby back ribs.
for 20.00. I have had much better else where.They tasted like they where cooked a week ago and just heated up an smothered with a cheap bbq sauce.I would have given this place a 1 rating but our waiter was very good [ don't know his name ].Skip this place much better options on cape.

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We have Mexican once every year or two. I had chili and refried beans. They were good but I like Uno's chili, so what do I know. We shared chicken and steak Fajitas, wife thought it was good, I didn't care for it.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Great service, huge portions. It didn't look like I had touched my fajitas even when I was finished!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We were looking for a place to have a drink without a lot of young people..As we were walking down Main Street we saw these three women around our age so I told my husband lets see where they go. We followed them down a courtyard with white lights strung overhead, a cigar shop with sofas outside with a large screen tv, I love an area like this...so we continued down the alley and all of a sudden I see this huge tree lit up with up lights with a bar built around it! What a nice surprise. There is an outdoor fireplace with big screen tv's as well...This is where we will have a drink..We sat at the bar and asked if they had a menu which they did. We ordered an Arugula pizza with goat cheese and tomato, amazing. We were happy. We then went and sat in front of the fire place as it was a chilly late september evening. A nice end to the evening.