See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 15, 2006

We booked at the Cascade after reading some of the glowing reviews it had here on TripAdvisor. Somehow, I feel that some members here must have very low standards! The Cascade looks like one of those Mom & Pop motels from the seventies, except it hasn't really changed much. The rooms are in dire need of some updating. There was a hole in our bathroom door. The pool was drained (they never told us about this when we booked). Also, one half of the motel seems to be rented out to long-term guests and the noise at night kept us up. The office was a complete mess... but this was somewhat comical!

On the good side, I have to say that the rooms were very clean and the bed was comfortable. If the only thing you're looking for is a bed and shower, or you absolutely need to bring your dog along, than this might be OK for you. For the price we paid, we probably shouldn't have expected much more.

For about 20$ more, we could've gotten a more modern room at one of the other motels. Next time, that's exactly what we'll do.

• Stayed: July 2006
6  Thank LuckyLL
Reviewed June 18, 2006

Last year we stayed at the Cascade and I had only nice things to say about it...even though the decor is a little shabby, I didn't care because they allowed dogs. Well this year we went again...first we were welcomed by nobody in the office, I had to stand around and wait until a man finally shows up-doesn't apologize for making me wait and doesn't say your welcome with I thanked him. The room, which last year was bordering on really bad, had reached that point this year. The first thing I see in the room is a broken lamp that was badly put back together, sitting on a table that was broken. last year I noticed that the fitted sheet didn't fit on the mattress but I didn't comment on it then, but I will this year. I think it is ridiculous to keep using sheets that don't fit on the beds...and the worst thing was the fact that it was the middle of June and the pool wasn't filled. It was at least 80 degrees and sunny and every other pool down the Cape was open except this one.

so even though all those things bothered me I still stayed there and had a good time...away from the Cascade. so it is time to check out and the office door is locked and nobody is around to take the key. I waited around for about 15 minutes before I just decided to leave the key in the room. oh and did I mention that the first time I tried to call and make the reservation last week that a man answered the phone, told me to hold and then hung up on me? I was tempted to take pictures and post them on this site for everyone else to see, but I don't want to do that, because in spite of all that I was happy to find a place that is close to everything and alllows dogs. I do however, think that next year we will look for another dog friendly hotel.

• Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank lm826
Reviewed April 1, 2006

Booked a last minute vacation to the Cape this past (late winter, early spring March) weekend. With nothing really operating summer hours yet, we decided to stay in Hyannis at the Cascade because there would be beaches within a walk/drive and restaurants that were actually open. We also chose the Cascade because they allow dogs. The Casade was very accomdating for our needs. We were looking for a place that was open in March, that allowed dogs and were we could sleep, knowing that we would be visiting the chilly beach during the day. The Cascade is not your 5 star hotel, but when I'm beachin' during the day, all I really need is a place to crash.The decor in the bathroom was nice, the room had desk, queen bed, and a mini fridge. The Cascade has an outdoor pool, which was obviously not open, and it's walking distance to the shops on Main Street. I think it's a great place to hide out for an early spring weekend before the tourists overflow the place.
Went to the Black Cat for a seafood dinner, which was nice also.
Have a fabulous trip!!!

• Stayed: March 2006
5  Thank callieq
Reviewed July 27, 2004

We have been going to Cascade motel since the 70's. It's the best motel in all of hyannis.

The family operated motel will do anything to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.

Cascade thank you for many years of great service.

7  Thank Passport23886
Reviewed April 10, 2004

I stayed in one of the single rooms there not too long ago. The room was clean and fairly spacious, and the staff there I found to be very helpfull. The bed was comfortable, and it too was the right size (queen I would say). The Steamship didn't run that night so I was stranded in Hyannis. The Cascade was right at the top of the hill, and the price was right, so I decided to stay there. Well, they made being stranded for the night a more tollerable situation. To the guys there, I want to say thanks and I'll see you again, I'm sure.

5  Thank Connector9538