See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 15, 2009

When my husband and I checked into the motel we felt welcome. The desk person was very helpful and nice. You can see two friendly heads of the owners dogs peeking at you. (so cute). Lots of brochures of places to visit in the office including information for the islands.
We stayed for two nights in a two double bed efficiency room. It was very clean. So, we were happy. It came with soap, cups, extra toliet paper and had a pretty nice kitchen set up. Bar counter and stools. It had a 27" tv, alarm clock, coffee maker, microwave. It felt like home and my dog skippy was very happy.
There was a big area for my dog to run around and you get to look at some vintage bikes.
The hotel is walking distance to almost everything.
My over all experience at the Cascade was pleasant and I can't wait to come back to the Cape. Maybe next time I will try there suite!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jeepgirl201
Reviewed August 23, 2008

We drove down on Friday night, August 15th, and we were going to stay 2 nights, and when we arrived, i walked in the office and it smelled of dampness, and looked really messy. We walked in our room and it had a dirty facecloth on the floor, don't know where that came from. The beds weren't fixed nicely. The walls and ceiling were full of mildew. I would've rathered slept in the car, but it was already late, so we slept one night and checked out the next morning and luckily found another place to stay. The owner did not give us problems, which was good, but he probably knew that it was not clean. When we were leaving the next morning, there was a cat roaming around that looked like it hadn't eaten in days was trying to get in our room, it was meowing cause it was probably hungry. Obviously hearing from the other reviews, you are allowed pets, but it was a fast booking, so we didn't know that. Then we saw their pool, and it was green, I mean, if the pool isn't kept up to date, then imagine the rooms. I realize it is a motel, but i've been to other motels and they were much cleaner. Sorry!

4  Thank Smiley28Canada
Reviewed August 20, 2008

My wife and I, along with my brother and sister-in-law stayed at this place on Aug 8th. Let me tell you the place is an absolute dump!
The owner/manager greeted us (barefooted) in a smelly reception area. As I opened the door to our room I found a dirty rag on the floor in the entrance and the SMELL....wow it was just horrible! It smelled like a bunch of dead pigs were under the beds, and the mold.....just gross!
I won't even tell you what I found in my sheets!!! OK I must(somebody's crustation from the previous visit) just nasty!
Please take EXTREME CAUTION anywhere is better than this place and I have stayed in some pretty bad places before but this place takes the cake!
We ended up in Yarmouth about a 5 minute drive from this motel at the BAYSIDE RESORT and we had a wonderful time I really recommend it there! There are lots of motels/hotels in Yarmouth which are 10 min drive from Mayflower beach which is an absolute beautiful beach!
Hope this review helps someone in the future, if so then my job is done!

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Dee5555
Reviewed August 19, 2008

My wife and I (and our two small dogs), stayed for one night. What you get is a clean small room with a frig and TV. Don't expect anything else like soap, ice, swimmable water in the pool, etc. The pluses are that it's cheap, allows dogs for a small fee, has a great location, and has bikes available. I highly recommend Perseys Place for breakfast (a 1 minute walk towards town) and Spanky's for lunch or dinner (a 10 minute walk towards the dock). The location seemed reasonably quiet considering it's right on Main Street and that people were coming and going deep into the night and early morning.

2  Thank JimDebReb
Reviewed August 6, 2008

recently stayed at the cascade for 3 nights. great location and not bad for the price. upon check in, we noticed a broken window in the room near the bed. the window was cracked in half, and there was a hole the size of a drink coaster. we brought it to the attention of the man at the front desk, who i believe was the owner. he checked out the situation, saw that there was no glass inside the room, and said he would put some tape over it. we returned from dinner, it wasn't done. because it was late, i didn't want to bother him. i asked him again on saturday morning. he told me that his repair man was not available to monday. i told him i didn't need it repaired, i wanted the window patched with tape. he said he would take care of it. saturday night we returned, it still wasn't patched. i didn't bother talking to the manger again, because i could see where this was going. monday morning we left with the hole still in the window.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank johnniemac33