See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 3, 2008

Want to relive your days back in the 60's? Maybe you'd like to experience genuine vintage decor and furniture? Or maybe you just want night a warm bed a night. You'll get all of these with a stay at the Cascade Motor Lodge! It's no stay at the Ritz, but are you staying in Hyannis to sleep all day or hit the beaches and sail to one of the islands?

At first glance, the entire property, workers, and animals, look a bit worn, but they provide family style living. I have never encountered more of a pet friendly place than this. I only wished I had brought my pooch along! I'm also surprised how quiet and clean the facility was given all the pets allowed!

I did have to wait upon check in even though I gave a specific time, but a simple cell phone call into the office got the employee's attention and I told him I was outside the office waiting to check in.
If you're not accustomed to true vintage style with the faded colors and the difference in furniture styles from today, the place can have a dingy appearance. It actually stunned me a bit, but it grew on me over time!

As for location: you couldn't pick a better spot! With only a 2 minute walk to the ferries, you'll be sailing in no time! Also, the lodge is located at the end of the shopping strip! We walked the entire strip without realizing it because we were so busy window shopping, watching the entertainment on the streets, and smelling all the aromas from the many eateries nearby!

Pro's:
lots of parking
walking distance to everything under the sun
walking distance to several arcades, bowling allies, karyoke, nightlife, dancing, arts, ferries, family beach photographers, comedians, and so much more!!!
there's tons of places to eat: buffets, family style, formal, semi formal, candy shops :)
completely bug free and clean!!
some dishes provided in rooms with stove tops
AC
the owner has about 3 million bicycles, I'm not even joking!
extremely pet friendly: also check out the beaches and parks nearby that are pet friendly! There are quite a few!
hot water all the time
hard misted showers: all the soap rinses off quickly
Wifi

Cons:
Wifi needed to be used outside for best results
no shampoo or conditioner
place looks a bit worn
T.V not in bedroom for those getting amenities package
furniture small and worn
smells like wood in the rooms
owner doesn't seem that friendly, but house keeping staff(his daughters) are extremely nice and helpful!
no elevators
limited pillows

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Karazona
Reviewed June 2, 2008

We stayed here one night and will defintely be back. The motel location, room, staff, and bike rentals exceeded all our expections.

• Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank meeeeeeeeeeee
Reviewed October 22, 2007

For a one-night stay, this hotel was acceptable, with that old Cape-Cod "charm" (read: musty and worn). Beds and bathrooms were clean. Office (and office help) had seen better days, but for the price (about $60.00 for two), we were happy enough. We were particularly happy that we could park our car at the hotel (back of the lot) for a reasonable cost while traveling over to Nantucket for a few days.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
3  Thank irishmm
Reviewed August 21, 2007

I've been a guest at The Cascade for at least 10 years. I've been there off-season as well as on, with family or friends or solo. The Cascade is what The Cape is all about -- comfortable, clean rooms; extras like bike & movie rentals, a swimming pool; great location in Hyannis; and, best of all, a warm, welcoming, helpful family, including Bailey & Morrison, the pet dogs. Did I mention that, compared to the rest of The Cape, their rates are reasonable?

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ferran5
Reviewed February 2, 2007

We were in MA on business and we travel with a cat. After looking over hotels in the area, we decided (because of the ratings) to stay at the Cascade. This is an older motel, the rooms are small, but, the place was very clean, and the beds were very comfortable. There were no amenities. No shampoo, etc. All in all, we had a very nice stay. I would recommend this place. However, if I were not traveling with an animal, I would go to a fancier motel. Catcompanion

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business