New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Good for folks who like to save money for when they're awake!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cascade Motor Lodge

Cascade Motor Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hyannis
Cascade Motor Lodge
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Bronx, New York
“Good for folks who like to save money for when they're awake!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I admit I was a bit desperate when I called Cascade. We were making a weekend trip to the Cape on short notice, and had no one to watch my dog. Cascade met my requirements of being in a good location, cheap, and dog-friendly

I called Jim at Cascade to make our reservations. He was nice on the phone and we only had to pay $58 + $10 for Scylla. That's a great deal, even off-season, says I. He didn't even have any restrictions re: size (some places claim they're dog friendly, and then the small print is like, "as long as your dog is less than 20 lbs, sucka!")

In person, he was a little.... gruffer than on the phone. Not rude or anything! Just... not a friendly chit chat kind of guy, lol! He gave me the key (just one) and I almost made a joke about trying to swipe it like a key card, but I don't think it would have gone over well.

The room was decent. Clean enough, except for the ceiling. Which was creepy. The bed was comfy, but only had one pillow per person. There was a nice bedside table with a phone, a small table with a lamp and swivel chair, AND a desk. That's pretty impressive! I didn't shower, but Joe said the water pressure was good and hot. No mat in the shower, so we had to use a towel. We also had a mini-fridge, which was a pleasant surprise.

There was a TV with cable (and tons of DVDs in the office, btw). No channel guide though. But we did find menus and tourist info. We also found the pet rules:1) there is a special area to walk your dog, which even has poop bags available. However, it says throw out bags in the "dumpster," which we couldn't find. 2) Dogs must be on-leash at all times, which is fine by me AND the law. 3) Only two dogs per room. 4) No dogs on the bed. Joe and I read that and laughed. I mean, we tried to keep Scylla off the bed, but--let's just leave it at that.

Wifi was spotty, but they have it. It took me forever to figure out the password (it's on the key!), so I tried calling the main desk to get it. This was maybe 10 mins after we checked in. No answer. So when the desk closes, it closes.

We could hear our neighbors, but barely. The only problem was Scylla could hear them too, hence her jumping on the bed all night to protect us! Overall, we got a very good night sleep!

Check out was at 11, but we left around 7:30. Jim was at the desk already, which was nice bcs it wasn't totally clear where to leave the key. There was a mailbox, but it wasn't labeled or anything.

Overall, I would NOT recommend Cascade if you're going on your dream luxury vacation to the Cape. This is classic motel. It made me think of vacations with my parents back in the day. But, if you're looking for a decent room in a good location and at a bargain, especially one that is easy going and pet-friendly, then I think Cascade is a great choice. It's the kind of place made for people who see motels as just a place to sleep and would rather save their money for fun things to do while awake!

Room Tip: We stayed in 19. It's on the ground floor which is good for dog owners. Single queen bed.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank anashenwrath

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in one of the kitchenette rooms. This place was not bad at all. It was clean and the kitchenette was a huge bonus. It had a decent sized refrigerator, 2 burners, microwave, pots, pans, silverware, plates, and cups. This motel was located at the end of the strip where it is a couple of blocks from shopping, restaurants, and bars of which is all within walking distance. As far as others saying that this place is old or smells bad, yes it is a little outdated but it is clean and comfortable for a motel on the Cape. This is not the Hilton but it is reasonably priced and it is a great bang for your buck. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get the kitchenette.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank amanda01606
Boston MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

There's a reason why there aren't pictures of this place in it's ads, website. It's a pretty run down old school motor lodge in need of some sprucing up. That said, the basic room was okay for the price. (Very low rate for room over peak July 4th wknd.) The room did have a musty, wood smell (from the 60s panelling? past pet visits?) The bathroom had been recently renovated and was modern and clean. The mattress was fine, sheets clean-no stains. Blanket and bedspread had stains and cigarette burns. Hated to touch them. (Why don't places replace this kind of stuff? It can't be that expensive to buy new cheap bedspreads.) A/C couldn't keep the room cool even at full blast.
I stayed here only because of previous okay reviews here. The clean, modern bathroom and sheets, towels plus the low rate redeem some of the seediness. I slept with one eye open as did previous reviewer-wary of other guests. Location is great though and the people were friendly enough. If they made some basic upgrades to get rid of the no-tell motel look and feel it would go a long way.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank goingsolo9
Green Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We booked this motel due to the recent wonderful reviews in trip advisor. After we arrived at this establishment - I had to check trip advisor to see if we were at the correct place. First, the good news. Yes it is close to the downtown and waterfront areas, and the room seemed clean. BUT it was borderline seedy. The outside door was in need of paint, and when it was closed we could see daylight. It had a musty smell and it needed to be thoroughly cleaned. The bathroom door was peeling. We had booked the motel for 2 nights and tried to find another place but due to the 4th there just weren't any other rooms available. We stayed the night, I slept with one eye open and couldn't wait to leave. Sure it's reasonable BUT I won't recommend this place to anyone!

Room Tip: Don't book here!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Kaye S

Travelers are raving about these Hyannis hotels

Amesbury, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Excellant "value" accommodations. They were very friendly and allowed me to keep my car there while I went over to Nantucket. The ferry docks are an easy walk, as is the downtown area. This was a mid week business trip for me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Derek W
Alstead Center, New Hampshire, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Like to stay at family owned instead of the larger franchise. Rooms are spacious, clean & comfortable. Owners are very friendly. Will return next time we come down to concerts. Historic town so much to see and do here. JFK Museum was awesome. Town is full of history.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
west yarmouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

the folks who operate this property are,truly friendly and hospitable.the room is large & comfy,&clean.price is great,location as well.1 block from church,restaurants,banks,transportation,beaches.do not deny yourself this pleasure.Americana in every way!A.J.WilleyRoom 22.4-8&9-2013

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo