“Good Friday Golf Group 25th Year”

Heritage House Hotel
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My golf group and I have been playing golf every Good Friday for the past 25 years. For the past 10 or so we have been making our arrangements with Jan @ the Heritage House. Jan provides the greatest service and value for our money. We are normally a group ranging from 30 to 50 golfers. Jan makes all the arrangements for golf and meals; they are all flawless. The hotel puts out great appetizers (try the wings-fabulous) for us before dinner on Thursday. We start Thursday night with a spectaclar prime rib dinner in Chauncey's grill. I travel for alot business and have a broad sample to compare to. This is one of the best prime rib dinners I have ever had! The bartender is like an old friend. The hotel is very clean and serviceable with a nice pool and hot tub. Each morning we have an excellent full serve breakfast. The staff is great.

Room Tip: Contact Jan directly for golf and travel packages. Try the British Brewing Company (Hyannis) the Br...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Steve M

Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

When we first arrived there I thought, what a dump. When I got to know it, it wasn't that bad. It's not luxury, but pretty good for the Hyannis area. The rooms are small and for some reason every room is small but has 2 beds. There are no microwaves but small fridges. There are two pools and a hot tub. What I will say is that most people don't spend much time at a hotel so the location does contribute a lot of good remarks towards the hotel. The hotel is right on Main St. which is amazing. Overall it's an average, but for Hyannis it's actually pretty good.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Brilliant location for Cape Codders! A must if you are without car as it seems to be the busiest high street with the most restaurants etc.

The hotel itself is ideally located within walking distance to the ferries and the high street. The staff in the hotel were very friendly and always very keen to help with good local knowledge. The rooms were nothing special but clean which is most important! I would recommend this hotel to people, as long as they did not want anything special.

1  Thank vikki_10_10
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Chose this hotel to be near the ferries to Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. Many hotels closer. Easy 10 or 15 minutes walk to ferry 2 streets away. Location of hotel very good for the towns stores and restaurants. The large hotel complex has free car parking. Comprises several buildings. Indoor and outdoor pool. Balconies and patios to many rooms. Rooms air-conditioned, clean, pleasantly furnished and attractive decor throughout. Room had a minifrig but no microwave. Elevators but some levels and rooms then need access by stairs too. Raise any mobility issues at booking. At arrival Sunday afternoon, our booking had not been processed at all. As explanation the 3 staff on duty at Reception told us the hotel had hosted a wedding the previous day/night. As in they had been very busy with the wedding and that took precedence over new bookings/room assignments? The booking agency fax was subsequently slowly found in the office. So whilst initially grateful to finally have a room assigned (not over-enthusiastically done either, we felt like we were a bother), we were then told that they had 3 bus groups arriving soon and would be very busy. First hint of the importance of bus groups to the hotel. We were advised of the hotel's Restaurant - Chauncey's - as in eat at our restaurant and yes it was open Sunday night, they said. Later, we observed the arrival of the buses, one after the other, pouring out a lot of guests. Buses and guests everywhere, one bus even blocking the main entry. Later after a drive around Nantucket, I phoned Reception to book a table at Chauncey's for dinner that night. This restaurant should be re-named Chance. As in chance being a fine thing. To eat there. I was told the restaurant was only open to guests on the bus tours that night. Recognised the un-helpful young woman by accent. She and many other young employees around Nantucket, came from Bulgaria they told us. Odd. Next morning no breakfast for us in hotel - only for bus group guests I was told, same that night and next day.
So hotel management, either advise individual guests about any restaurant and breakfast room closures up front, carefully, and please re-evaluate your attitude to all guests. We felt like second class citizens and I do not believe our room rate reduced pertinent to the lack of facilities we had access to. None.
We ate at Schooners, fine, and Albertos, excellent. Both along Main Street. Both thankfully open for business. To us.

2  Thank POLLYANNA57
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The Heritage House Hotel has to be 1 of the best we have ever stayed in, from our Arrival to our departure the staff could not have done any more for us. The reception is small and friendly with restaurant just of to left, the lovely dark haired receptionist(forget name) giving us a very friendly & informative welcome although we arrived very early arround 12:00 check-in 15:00 (this mailny due to using American public bus from Boston (1hr 40mins.) and is less than a10mins. walk from bus terminus along a foot path & accross the main road. They took our luggage & stored it in the office. The room was very spacious,clean with fridge. The swimming pool spot on, situation in the town could not have been better also for the ferry to Martha's Vinveyard 5mins. walk, (receptionest did all our bookings) Dinner in Spankie's (cape cod, cod for myself) Wife had lobster both to die for. Ferry crossing on local ferry 1hr 40mins. or fast ferry1hr.stayed in hotel for 2 nights check put was just as easy had diner in restaurant 2nd. night fab. food

Room Tip: All rooms we saw looked excellent with an open view
Reviewed October 9, 2012

On arrival we discovered that this is a MOTEL rather than a hotel, its rather grubby and the two receptionists we encountered were both less than helpful and seemed to be a little "dim". The bar at this establishment was never open and the restaurant only for "coach parties" The swimming pool was closed for the season and there was no offer of help to take our luggage to our room even though there were steep stairs to negotiate. Thank goodness we only stayed 2 nights. This is on the wrong side of cape cod for whale watching etc. and there is little or nothing to do at this particular place otherwise. If you book here you are sure to be disappointed with both service and amenities.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed one night (Saturday, Sept 15, 2012) at this hotel and could not wait till daybreak to leave. I did not choose this hotel, the reservation was made for me by another motel. The moment I went to the front desk to check in, it was downhill because of the disinterested, unfriendly, cold women at the check in desk. I asked how many steps to get to my room and they said "two.". I counted theta were 12 steps to get to an old, outdated, musty, smelly room was like walking up and down steps through a maze. It was impossible to use my Ipad unlike my former motel on Ocean Street where I was given a password. I was NOT given a password at check in at Heritage House and when I called the front desk my call was received with the continued disinterest and now rudeness from an employee at the front desk. I asked to speak to a manager and was told there was no manager there to talk to. I requested the manager's name and was again told there is no manager. There was nothing positive about this hotel. Enough Said!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Sailing7
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
Hyannis Harbor Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cape Cod Hyannis
Best Western Cape Cod Hotel
Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth

Been to Heritage House Hotel? Share your experiences!