“Keep looking....this isn't the place for you.”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
springfield, VT
“Keep looking....this isn't the place for you.”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

God, where do I even start? Brief statements: Rooms are depressing and claustrophobic. Yellow smokey wallpaper. Rooms are non smoking but people must smoke in the bathroom. Nicotine burns on the edge of the sink. Even the Gideons are afraid of this place..no Bible! Place has a crack house feel to it. Was expecting to see a SWAT team APC parked in the lot with a door-busting battering ram mounted to front. Suspicious people in the lot. No chain on the door. One set of utensils in the kitchenette. Booked through Booking.com. They're the only site that faxes reservations to this place...faxes that are not checked. Everyone else sends e-mail. Lazy staff here had trouble finding our reservation, even though I had it on my I pad right in front of him. Bring your pepper spray for security. Place is next to an airport, with turboprop puddle jumpers taking off all the time. Buzzzzzz! Felt like I was at a weed wacker convention. Its mid October. Pool is drained....I guess that makes it easier to see the garbage at the bottom. Bring Lysol, bottled water, taser gun and Bible if you stay here. I agree with the other reviewer that said it seems like this place is where people go for only quickies. Like Sodom and Gemorrah. Will never bring my family back to this place. Now I know how Lot felt when he escaped! Don't look back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank Tom S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Serbian first
Hyannis, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed the weekend here. Location good, but the place is really rundown. The rooms are old, the hotel is not well maintained. The pool is empty. There is a complimentary coffee service, but its not accessible in the mornings until the receptionist decides to open up. There was no cream, and it was an effort to get some.
No other facilities available.
Room is musty and sour smelling.
Towels were not replenished.

Truly the worst hotel in the Hyannis area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Tony W

Travelers are raving about these Hyannis hotels

Mechanicville, New York
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed at the rodeway inn on 8/26/2013-8/29/2013. The good news was the motel was centered close to everything that we did. The staff was friendly. The room itself needed a lot of repair. It had refridge, tv, and a good air conditioner. The room was adequate, no thrills here.If you wanted clean towels you had to go ask for them. I would not recommend this motel if you are going to stay for more than 1 night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Glenda S
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This isn't bad if you are comparing this hotel to ones in the dregs of the earth. We needed a place to sleep for a few hours after a disasterous day of canceled flights. Cheap price, and cheap place. Blankets were smelly. Sheets were too. Towels were yellow. I didn't even us the toilet or shower once. It smelled and we were in a non-smoking room. Inadequate locks for how sketchy the place was. The rooms were drab, ugly, small and did I mention the smell. You didn't want to sit anywhere, let alone lay down.

The keys come in an envelope that advises you to be on the lookout for suspicious looking guests. WHAT? Why are you renting to suspicious guests then?

When the cab picked us up to take us to the airport, we said how it was a hotel that people go to for quickies. And the cab driver said, well it's where people go for drugs. And that said it all.

Be ware.

Room Tip: Just don't
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Kristen_in_Boston
Chicopee, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Well, on a positive note, the staff was very friendly and helpful. And our room came with a fridge and a microwave. But the room was disgusting!!!! There were dirt smears on the walls and doors. The chairs looked as if someone had soiled them. The bathroom was missing tiles and the shower was full of hair and mold. The shower curtain was so full of mold I couldn’t use it. You can see right outside through the door frame. Thankfully we had to be up early both days we were there because the seagulls sit on the balcony and screech to each other starting at 5 each morning. If we weren’t locked in from Priceline we would have canceled our reservation. I’m just thankful I brought Lysol to spray everything down. Oh, and someone stole one of our car’s hubcaps while we were there, great flophouse/ crackhouse, not so great hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sarai4181
Cohasset, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I just needed a place to sleep and shower for one night while attending the funeral of a friend. So a last minute search found the Rodeway Inn. It's not the Ritz...but for $75 in late July in the heart of Cape Cod, the Rodeway Inn is a solid value. My room was clean with the normal expected disinfectant smell in such hotels. It featured microwave, a mini fridge, a coffee maker, and WIFI. The bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly and efficient. It's not the Ritz, but it was a good experience...a solid value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Warwick, Rhode Island, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I booked it because it was cheap and needed a bed for a night as I was working late and instead of driving 2 hrs at night to come back the next day. I searched and found the cheapest hotel.

OMG...room smelled like cat pee, the shower was full of mold (I have pictures) I'm just glad I brought my shower shoes.

Please be warned do not book here unless you have all your shots. The price is cheap but that was only positive everything else was awful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business