“Rundown and no services” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Hyannis, Massachusetts
“Rundown and no services”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed the weekend here. Location good, but the place is really rundown. The rooms are old, the hotel is not well maintained. The pool is empty. There is a complimentary coffee service, but its not accessible in the mornings until the receptionist decides to open up. There was no cream, and it was an effort to get some.
No other facilities available.
Room is musty and sour smelling.
Towels were not replenished.

Truly the worst hotel in the Hyannis area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Tony W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Serbian first
Mechanicville, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed at the rodeway inn on 8/26/2013-8/29/2013. The good news was the motel was centered close to everything that we did. The staff was friendly. The room itself needed a lot of repair. It had refridge, tv, and a good air conditioner. The room was adequate, no thrills here.If you wanted clean towels you had to go ask for them. I would not recommend this motel if you are going to stay for more than 1 night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Glenda S

Travelers are raving about these Hyannis hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This isn't bad if you are comparing this hotel to ones in the dregs of the earth. We needed a place to sleep for a few hours after a disasterous day of canceled flights. Cheap price, and cheap place. Blankets were smelly. Sheets were too. Towels were yellow. I didn't even us the toilet or shower once. It smelled and we were in a non-smoking room. Inadequate locks for how sketchy the place was. The rooms were drab, ugly, small and did I mention the smell. You didn't want to sit anywhere, let alone lay down.

The keys come in an envelope that advises you to be on the lookout for suspicious looking guests. WHAT? Why are you renting to suspicious guests then?

When the cab picked us up to take us to the airport, we said how it was a hotel that people go to for quickies. And the cab driver said, well it's where people go for drugs. And that said it all.

Be ware.

Room Tip: Just don't
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Kristen_in_Boston
Chicopee, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Well, on a positive note, the staff was very friendly and helpful. And our room came with a fridge and a microwave. But the room was disgusting!!!! There were dirt smears on the walls and doors. The chairs looked as if someone had soiled them. The bathroom was missing tiles and the shower was full of hair and mold. The shower curtain was so full of mold I couldn’t use it. You can see right outside through the door frame. Thankfully we had to be up early both days we were there because the seagulls sit on the balcony and screech to each other starting at 5 each morning. If we weren’t locked in from Priceline we would have canceled our reservation. I’m just thankful I brought Lysol to spray everything down. Oh, and someone stole one of our car’s hubcaps while we were there, great flophouse/ crackhouse, not so great hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sarai4181
Cohasset, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I just needed a place to sleep and shower for one night while attending the funeral of a friend. So a last minute search found the Rodeway Inn. It's not the Ritz...but for $75 in late July in the heart of Cape Cod, the Rodeway Inn is a solid value. My room was clean with the normal expected disinfectant smell in such hotels. It featured microwave, a mini fridge, a coffee maker, and WIFI. The bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly and efficient. It's not the Ritz, but it was a good experience...a solid value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Warwick, Rhode Island, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I booked it because it was cheap and needed a bed for a night as I was working late and instead of driving 2 hrs at night to come back the next day. I searched and found the cheapest hotel.

OMG...room smelled like cat pee, the shower was full of mold (I have pictures) I'm just glad I brought my shower shoes.

Please be warned do not book here unless you have all your shots. The price is cheap but that was only positive everything else was awful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Mario R
Nantucket
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I booked this hotel as a stop on the way home after a long trip. I thought the price was right $59.00 since I was only going to be there for max 6 hours just to sleep. I drove up and the place looked low rent but still I went ahead and proceeded to check in. I was about 2:00 a.m and the front desk person emerged from what appeared to be a deep slumber.

I was given my room key and I entered my room and immediately noticed the smell of stale cigarettes. I went into the bathroom and human hair billowed at my every move and sway. I lifted the toilet lid and to my horror there was hard, dry, uncleaned chips of spattered feces on the upper portion of the commode bowl. Disgusted I went to go wash my face and grabbed a wash cloth with human pubic hair trapped and interwoven in the fabric. I had to talk myself of the ledge and reason that I was just here to sleep so I disrobed, changed into my pajamas, peeled back the covers to sleep and discovered MORE human hair all over the dingy white sheets.

I inspected the other bed thinking it would be better but it was worse! More hair and, *ahem* crust and stains. That was the final straw. I called the front desk and said "I'm not sure what your return policy is but I am going to need a refund immediately I cannot lay my head to rest here its very unsanitary".

Thankfully the sleepy front desk man said he would refund me. I called up another hotel at this point it was nearly 3:00 a.m. I got a refund in writing and left that place like a lover scorned in my satin bonnet and PJ's.

I later discovered that people with shall we say a certain lifestyle inhabit this hotel and rent rooms on a weekly basis. I highly discourage anyone who values cleanliness to stay here. if you're cheap and dont care then this is the place for you. SPECIAL ATTENTION TO PEOPLE WITH FAMILIES AND SMALL CHILDREN: PLEASE D NOT BRING YOUR SPOUSE AND CHILDREN HERE ITS NOT SANITARY.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo