“A Great Hotel in Hyannis”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites / Hyannis
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Hyannis, Massachusetts
“A Great Hotel in Hyannis”
Reviewed July 23, 2008

i am actually shocked to see some reviews putting down this place. i just returned 2 days ago and thought the best value inn was a perfect stay for me and my family. the rooms are clean, spacious, and comfortable. some of the furniture is dated but it is very clean. i have travelled all over the us and found this hotel to be very very adequate for my needs. i am a stickler for cleanliness and this place is definitely CLEAN contrary to past reviews. i even talked to some of the guests while at the outdoor pool. no one appeared to be dissatisfied with their room or stay. everyone was happy as they should be because we were all on vacation afterall. the staff are a friendly group of people who always seem so energized. they are very easy to talk to and they know the area pretty well. the hotel itself is pretty busy so if you're looking for reservations in the summer, please book ahead of time so you're secured. i guess, since the place has quite a number of rooms and appears to be busy everyday, there will always be a bad apple or two who just like to complain for no reasons. if you're looking for a place to enjoy the cape, this is the place to be. it's conveniently located right in downtown hyannis. the harbor and ferries are a stone's throw away (1 block) and the main streets shops and restaurants are at your doorstep. if you're looking for a five star hotel with all the glamour and frills, do yourself a favor and book somewhere else. if you're just like me who just needs a clean, comfortable place to relax and enjoy the cape....then you won't be disappointed in staying at the best value inn. thank you best value inn for the great stay.

• Liked — the location and the pools
  • Disliked — nothing i can think of right now
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Alan C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Albany, NY
Reviewed July 22, 2008

My girlfriend and I stayed at this motel for two nights. I booked this motel based on the prior reviews on this website. I have to say I was pleasantly very surprised at how great it was. We booked a king size bed and the room was very clean. We checked in about an hour early without any problems. The room was cleaned without any incidents on Day 2. The room was very quiet and I had no trouble sleeping. The bed was quite comfortable. This motel also has a very nice indoor pool which was very clean and well kept. We took advantage of that both days. There is also an outdoor pool which we did not use, but it was open and looked fine as well. Most people there were families and the few twenty-somethings were quiet and respectful. A few people were smoking cigarettes outside on the balcony in chairs that the motel provides, but that did not bother me. The parking lot had plenty of space and there is no additional cost. The best part about this property is that you can walk to most things in Hyannis from here (including the ferries to Martha's Vinyard/Nantucket), as it is right on Main Street. It is true that there is no outlet in the bathroom but the room had a hair dryer in the main room. The bar soap they provide is a bit small, but I think you could get more if you asked. I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Indoor Pool
  • Disliked — Cheap Amenties
2 Thank WaryTraveler23
Vermont
Reviewed July 22, 2008

My husband and I always make a trip to the Cape at least once a year, and we have been staying with America's Best Value Inn for the past 3 or 4 years. I've never been one to write online reviews, but after such a great weekend in Hyannis, I wanted to share my thoughts. This hotel is family-owned (the family is very hardworking and always very friendly!), and I noticed all of the renovations that have been made to improve the hotel over the years. Some of the things I noticed were new doors, new signs throughout the hotel, and my favorite -- the new coffee and juice machines in the breakfast room! We stayed for three nights, and had breakfast EVERY morning.
My husband and I got a King, non-smoking room, which was very comfortable. We always returned to a nice, clean room each evening (thank you housekeepers!) The hotel also has a huge indoor pool, which we loved to relax in after our adventurous days.
Usually my husband and I stick around Hyannis and the nearby towns, but this time we decided to visit Martha's Vineyard on our last day. The gentleman at the front desk was very nice and helped us plan our trip. He checked the weather for us, and we were able to purchase the tickets at the hotel. We left our car at the hotel and actually walked to the ferry because it was so close!
Overall this was one of our most favorite trips to Cape Cod, and we will continue to return to America's Best Value Inn. In fact, my husband and I are looking to see if we can go again before the end of this summer! Definitely recommended!

• Liked — GREAT location and value, clean rooms
New Hamshire
Reviewed July 22, 2008

Not recommended for travelers. Expensive, but poor quality. I found many hairs on the bed sheet from previous travels. Not sure they even changed sheet at all. Half of the lights in the room are broken. When I first open the door of the room, it smells like a smoking room although the owner said it is non-smoking. Also, in order to save money, they owner turn off the air conditioner. So when we first enter the room, it was so humid and hot. It was end of July, and it was 95 deg out. It took 30 minutes for the room to cool down.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — Dirty bed sheet. Not clean at all.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank sa_sam65

Travelers are raving about these Hyannis hotels

Riverside, California
Reviewed July 21, 2008

If you just want a simple place to sleep at night, you've found it. You pay a low price for a reason. It's good points are close to the shops and harbor. We found the staff friendly, helpful and the pool nice to use. The breakfast area is small but they had plenty of food available. Traffic is very heavy during the day yet everyone lets you exit and enter the driveway. Now for the sides. The hotels rooms are in need of a major renovation. All the room doors did not have a dead bolt locks installed? Our shower had mildew growing on the wall. The toilet dripped from the humidity making a puddle underneath. The bath towels were small. You get two per a room so you have to ask for more everyday. The mattresses we had were used past their prime. I felt like I was going to fall out of bed at night. Walls are paper thin so just hope you get nice neighbors like we had. The big question is would I stay again or recommend it to a friend or family. I would have to say NO!

• Liked — The pool
  • Disliked — run down rooms
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
massachusettes
Reviewed July 18, 2008

nasty nasty nasty. this best value inn was not a best value. i did not want a 5 star hotel, but i do expect cleanliness. the rooms the previous folks were talking about must be the renovated rooms. i did not have that. I encountered numerous problems, and was met with an attitude by the staff that told me i should have left the first night. i stayed because there was no where else to go, but i WOULD NOT recomend this place to anyone. the lobby was clean and inviting, the rooms, not so much. only good point was the location and the bagels in the morning. fittied sheets, by the way, 'are not standard' in hotels. who knew. i admit the pricepoint is low, but remember, there is a reason for it good luck

• Stayed July 2008
Massachusetts
Reviewed July 16, 2008

The most horrible hotel experience I've ever had. The sheets on the bed looked as though they had never been changed from the previous guest. The sheets were crumpled under the spread and loaded with "hair". The bathroom smelled and had hair in the sink on the floor, and in the tub. The shower curtian was full of mildew and the towels (once white) were off grey. The air conditioner was loud and did not cool the room sufficently. We were only staying for one night but I ended up at Bed Bath & Beyond to buy new sheets for the bed and towels so I would not have to use what was provided. I also bought soap because the soap they supplied was a joke! When I made the reservation, I asked about coffee makers in the rooms and was told that there were none but that coffee was available in the lobby at all times. When I went to check out at 6AM the lobby was closed and no coffee! We only paid $65/night - I guess you get what you pay for!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — filth