“Pictures are sure better than reality.”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites / Hyannis
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The pictures of this Inn make it look so much better than it was- the floors had not been cleaned- behind the mini-refrigerator- we found plastic spoons and potato chips.The bathroom was clean and the beds were comfortable. It was close to town- within walking distance. I would not stay here again- but would pay a little more to have a nicer, cleaner place- I agree the clerks and people that run it are not very nice- the breakfast was fair.

1  Thank Barb H

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this Motor Inn recently while in Hyannis Port.

Although it does have a great location on the Main street just minutes from the Port & Ferries but that is about the only good thing that I can say about this place.

Right from the initial greeting which was lack lustre to say the least to the fact that they charged my credit card right away for the two nights we were going to stay, everything was just really low-end.

We stayed here mostly because we did not want to move to far from the area as we had stayed the previous 4 nights in a much better place and wanted to be close to everything. Plus the rate was pretty good.

But the old adage of you get what you pay for was never more true than with this Motel.

First off, it is old and dated, the rooms seemed clean but everything is so 80's from the tube TV to the old style phone. The property backs onto the bus and train station so you can guess what we heard all night.

They have a pool, which didn't look too bad at first glance, but I said to my wife I don't think a pool is supposed to have a greasy ring around it like a bathtub right after you just gave your dog a bath?

The WIFI was weak and intermittent at best and I gave up trying to research sightseeing for the following day as it took forever to download even the simplest page.

The "Breakfast" that was included was a joke, everything was cut in half, like they were trying to make it stretch to feed everyone. They had Bagels, Bread, Muffins, Cereal etc. but the scary part was that they had a communal knife that was being used for the, Jam, Butter & Peanut Butter, who knows what people had done with that knife? People were lined up like cattle to get at this culinary feast, why I have no idea. The next morning we went to McDonalds for our breakfast.

The last straw was when my Wife turned the water on in the bathroom and it came out brown.

Do yourself a favour and just avoid this Motor Inn, the lower cost is not worth it, unless you like brown water and sharing your butter knife with everyone and their cousin.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bigideas1983
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Over priced, The room was very small but clean. A very noisy position but it's a very noisy street.
The wifi would not work in the room and we were right next to reception !! They need to fix this !!
Close to the ferry to Martha's Vineyard which was a plus.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Apparently some other reviewers and I have a different perception of things. This is an extremely low price motel in the center of the largest city for maybe 50 miles. No water view but Big Papi might be able to hit one into Hyannis harbor from the parking lot. It cost me $89.00 for a room with breakfast in the middle of high season bought the same day! Anyone expecting a quaint inn at this price point has not been traveling in my circles.
Is it the St.Regis? Hardly.
But my room was clean although a bit dated. The bathroom seemed the most recently redone, maybe 2-5 years ago, but was very clean. This was a 1st floor room and yes it had darkening shades over the front windows. But it had rear windows with blinds (bathroom's were frosted) looking at town hall next door. I would suggest that most folks staying at a motel in Hyannis are either on a work trip or out of the room as much as possible sightseeing so sheer curtains and room décor are of less interest than at an actual beach resort or someplace similar.
As for safety, we (my teen and I) arrived about 10PM. We immediately headed out to see what was in the neighborhood. About 1/2 mile West we found a number of restaurants, pubs , etc. and a nice Ben & Jerry's where we got luscious cones. On the way back we noted there was a 7-11 type store maybe 1/8 mi from the motel; that also is the location of the Hyannis bus terminal making this super convenient for bus travelers. I saw nothing whatsoever that was scary and in fact a couple other walkers said "hi" to which I reciprocated. It's a small city, not Disneyland.
I have to reply to a few of other reviewer's posts. I heard no "loud drunk people". There are signs to "lock your cars and that they are not responsible" at nearly every lodging's parking area. Same with malls, stores, airports, basically anywhere in the US that has an attorney on retainer. And as to"eventually, they ran out of parking spaces", well the laws of physics and parking zoning rules when this was built dictates that can happen. When we rolled in at 10PM there were only a few left. Sweat began to form on my brow. However as the Town Hall is next door with it's big lot and the bus station almost next door with a big lot I think there is a solution.
Let me sum up: "$89.00 for a room with breakfast in the middle of high season bought the same day". Next time I need to overnight for an early ferry to ACK I'll be back here. If I'm going on a family vacation I'll plan on a couple hundred more a day and get something on the beach.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Lawrence S
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This hotel was selected by a father from another party we were travelling with. From the moment we arrived, we were disappointed, this was less Inn and more motel. Upon check in we found that you must pre-pay for your room. The first room we were in had damp carpeting and our second room had a thick rubber shower curtain with a thick black band of mold at the top (they changed out the curtain). The beds were hard, the door secured with an outside key and flimsy inside chain lock. The window had just one curtain and looked directly onto the outdoor "hall" or passageway so you could have either light or privacy. The channel guide was wrong, the pools were dinky and the breakfast consisted of frozen waffles, bags of bread, a toaster and dry cereal. I havent been in a dump like this in a long time. On the plus side the location is right in the center of Main St. which seems to be where all the action is. When we were leaving, I was carrying a bag down the stairs and a male employee galantly stepped aside to watch me struggle.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
3  Thank nycraveller
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Standard motel for the cape. Great location if you're looking to explore hyannis and surrounding areas. ample parking but lot got super full at night. Indoor/outdoor pools looked okay. Rooms were extremely clean, and there were 2 windows in main room and one in the bathroom for a nice cross breeze/lighting. didn't try the AC... okay for sleeping but i wouldn't stay more than one night. We were able to book this place very last minute during high season, okay for the value and they didn't require more than a one night minimum stay.

Room Tip: 2nd floor requires outdoor stairs which were a bit slippery when wet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank caroleeene
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Very unsafe feeling motel. Very run down. The doors have real keys and a small change lock when you are inside. All the windows were open when we got there and someone could easily climb into the room from the first floor. I closed and locked them, but still didn't feel safe. The hotel is filled with loud drunk people. There are signs every where to lock your cars and that they are not responisble. Eventually, they ran out of parking spaces. The room smelled like mold. The floors were sticky. Just a bad bad place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple