“No frills but location is gold..”

Hyannis Holiday Motel
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Reviewed June 17, 2013

If you're looking for just a place to sleep at night, then this is it. Its a no frills sort of place and the reviews are correct. Very dated but very clean. Bed was a little hard but clean. Check in was easy, received two dinner coupons for discounted meals at local places. Directly in front of where you can catch the ferry for the day but make the trip to Woods Hole to get it. Its literally half the cost. Lots of dinner options and Main Street (local shops and more bars and restaurants) is a few blocks away. Def. within walking distance. Night time can be boring if you dont drink or stay out late. Not much open. Worth the price if you just want a place to sleep. Nice neighborhoods to bike also.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 5, 2013

This motel was average in appearance....very boring in décor and you could hear all of the guests coming in from being out on a Saturday night. However it was clean and the price was right. Clean and safety are the most aspects of a motel/hotel and this one was super clean and I felt safe enough. Your door is actually a sliding glass door (like a back patio door at your house) with a lock?? A little different than I'm used to but it was fine. There isn't a closet but there is a rod screwed into the wall with hangers you cant take down. There are not a lot of plugs ...2 in the bathroom (neither of those worked..even where you click the reset button) 2 behind the tv that is hard to get to...and two on a wall by the bathroom. You can't get to the ones behind the bed I don't think.

You are right across the street from the marina which was a nice early morning place to stroll. You are a few blocks from the downtown strip; the walk there is okay not sure if I felt totally safe as I saw police with sirens on 3 different occasion in one day. If it has dark I wouldn't walk it alone....but don't let that scare you...most people don't walk it alone I'm sure. There is an indoor pool that requires that there is a pool attendant on duty for you to swim and an outdoor pool that was closed (rain) when we were there. We didn't use the pool however I felt a little weird that it is a small pool and it is attached to the check in desk and there still has to be an attendant (not lifeguard) on duty. I would stay here again because the price is right and it is clean ...however I wouldn't be super excited about it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lucy0076
Reviewed May 28, 2013

After reading a TA negative review regarding the uncomfortable beds at the Hyannis Holiday Motel, we cancelled our reservations the following day. We were told there would be a $15 cancellation fee which was explained in the initial e-mail confirmation which we did not receive.
We did not receive a promised cancellation confirmation so I called again. I stayed on the line while the e-mail was sent. Each time that I called, a different person was on duty. I have never had problems before receiving e-mail confirmations or cancellations. I object to the $15 cancellation fee. Most hotels have a cancellation policy but I have never been charged a cancellation fee. Our trip is 2 months away. We have reserved an efficiency at the TA #1 rated Hotel where we have communicated with the lovely owners of the motel each time that we called.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank iatrav999
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights while in Hyannis, Mass. Reminds me of growing up and going to old-time motels in Pt. Pleasant or Lavellette at the Jersey shore. This place is not for everyone, but the location was fantastic....right ascross from the harbor and also lots of restaurants. Staff friendly and rooms big and clean.
But you got to remember this is a motel with sliding glass doors to rooms! For Hyannis which is very expensive, the Hyannis Holiday is very reasonable with free parking and parking here is a premimum and can be very expensive. Complimentary breakfast is so-so with coffee and pastry, but if you want more, you can walk another 100yds to the Coffee Table which is great and cheap.
Ferrys to Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard leave from here. We took the ferry to Nantucket and really enjoyed, but buy your tickets on the dock a couple of days ahead as they do sell out.
If you stay here, request rooms #22, 23 or 24. They are upper level and you can sit outside and watch activity below.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Not a luxurious motel but it met expectations for the price. Very clean and in a great location. Within walking distance to restaurants and shopping. A short walk to the ferries. Helpful pleasant staff. I would certainly go back!

Room Tip: Book early