“We had a great time”

Cape Codder Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 1, 2006

We had a girls weekend (my friend and I and our daughters, ages 12 and 1.5) at the end of March/beginning of April). We had a ball! We stayed in adjoining fireplaced Cape Codder rooms - they both had 2 queen beds and a fireplace (which was a mantle, a fake log and 2 big sterno cans), and altho they were really just nicely furnished hotel rooms, it was really very nice - even the sterno fireplace. The wave pool and the slides were a blast, and we treated ourselves to massages in the spa, which were also great. The restaurants are good and the whole place is very family oriented. The fitness room was very well-equipped and not busy at all. I'd definitely come back here, the staff was friendly and helpful and our rooms were very clean.

• Stayed: April 2006
10  Thank bethch62
Write a ReviewReviews (1,301)

Massachusetts
Reviewed March 25, 2006

We spent a weekend here for a family reunion. Some of our hotel rooms were dirty and smelled like vomit. One of the rugs in the hotel room was wet when we checked in.

The waiting line to get in the pool was unorganized due to the hotel's policy of wristbanding their guests each morning.

We found the hot tub roped off and was never given a definitive answer why we could not use it.

The amount of guests the resort could house was too large for the resort's small wave pool.

Will not return!

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 22, 2006

We spent a Friday night at the Cape Codder earlier this month and it was a great time! My husband & I brought our 5yr old and 2yr old and all four of us had fun. We checked in right at 3PM and spent the afternoon at the pool. There were a lot of people there but it didn't feel overwhelming. The pool area is just big enough so it doesn't feel cramped, yet small enough so I didn't panic when my 5yr old wanted to go up and down the slides on his own.

The resort does have quite a few rules associated with the pool. (No double-riders, no parents "catching kids" in the wading pool, no kids under 16 in the hot tub, etc...) All of these rules are clearly stated on the hotel web site so be sure to read them and understand that they do adhere to the rules!

We took a break from the slides and went to dinner at the Hearth & Kettle and toasted marshmellows at the bonfire! The kids movie night was a great idea but my kids had seen the featured movie only a few nights earlier so they opted for a few games in the arcade. Of course we spent some more time in the morning swimming & sliding.

I was nervous to go after reading the reviews but I was very pleasantly surprised with everything. I found the staff to be great and our room clean. The only complaint I had is that the heater in the room was very loud and turned on & off all night long. Other than that it was a perfect and quick little winter getaway for my family!

19  Thank ShelOt
Mass.
Reviewed March 20, 2006

We took our 5 year old daughter to the Cape Codder Resort late last Summer and found it be just what the brochure described it to be. My daughter loved it!!!!!! I loved it too! We both love water!!!!!
The wave pool was fantastic...the waves weren't too overpowering for the young ones. The water was warmer than the ocean! AND it was very clean.
There was a bon fire at night weather permitting, movies shown outdoors, a playset for the young ones.
Our friends went there on our recommendation and the will be going back!!!!! Now, that's good!!!!!!!

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 12, 2006

This Hotel was very overpriced and not worth the money. For the $200 a night plus airfare, we could have gone back to Beaches Family Resort and got 10 Star service and food and drinks included in our price. Overall, the Hotel room was nice we stayed in the king room for $179.00 a night plus taxes, but the bathroom was terrible. The bathtub had mold and mildew in the seems and the caulking was coming off. The fake marble walls were also cracked. The outside of the Hotel is kind of shabby looking. The pool was nice, but a ton of people in there and we had a 2 year old that cannot swim yet and people were just splashing all around us. But, my son still loved it. The people and the staff were young and not professional at all. They call themselves a family resort? They did not even give you a fridge or microwave in the room. Our son likes his juice and milk so we needed a fridge. We had to put piles of ice in the trash cans just to keep milk and juice cold. (surprised they do not charge you for the ice) You would think they would at lease put a fridge in the room for families. The courtyard in the middle of the Hotel was the only nice looking part of it. The grounds in the courtyard were kept very well and they had a spot for a bomb fire with beach sand, that looked very nice. Room service was a rip off food was cold. You can walk to the restaurant and get take out and bring back to your room. Save yourself a few bucks. There was also a party going on in the room above us with a bunch of 20 year olds up there drunk and partying at 12:30 in the morning making a lot of noise it was hard to get to sleep. We go to the cape very often because we have some relatives there and we stay at various places each time. This Hotel by far is the most expensive one we have stay at yet, but the worst one overall for the money. We will not return to the Cape Codder Resort again.

10  Thank letwpn
Londonderry, New Hampshire
Reviewed March 4, 2006

We arrived earlier than expected (4 hours prior to check in) and were checked in regardless with adjoining rooms (which was great when travelling with 7 kids, anxious to swim). The kids absolutely loved the wave pool and slide, there were plenty of lifegurards monitoring nothing was out of hand.

Our room was clean and it was nice although we did not spend much time in it other than sleeping. The restaurant was very nice with a very friendly staff and the food was very good.

Overall I would absolutely go back to the Cape Codder, the kids are already asking when we can go back!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 28, 2006

Upon early arrival, we were checked right in and went to our Cape Codder room. As soon as we walked in the door of the room the musty smell just hit you in the face. I asked to have our room changed due to my grandson's allergies and they were very accommodating, however, we looked at 5 other rooms before we found one that did not smell!! It was not as nice a room as the first one, which had a fireplace but it was immaculate and did not smell. The employee we were working with was very helpful, professional and polite.
The two kids, 11 and 15 loved the wave pool and water slide. The 15 year old also loved the exercise room and the whirlpool.
There were plenty of life guards but they let things get really out of hand with a bunch of teenage boys before they finally asked them to leave the pool area. We did not see them again after the first night.
We ate at the restaurant two nights and the sandwiches were excellent. The French Onion Soup though was only lukewarm. We were seated right away and the service was excellent.
I found out the hard way that they put an authorization against your debit card for the cost of the room in addition to $75 for each day of your stay for "incidentals". I had a very difficult time taking care of this but it was straightened out in the end.
I would probably not go back unless my family really wanted to. As I said, the kids loved it.

10  Thank luvmyboxer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis
Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth
Hyannis Harbor Hotel
Hyannis Harbor Hotel
#10 of 22 in Hyannis

Been to Cape Codder Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!