“First time there...Great for families”

Cape Codder Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 24, 2009

We took our one and two year old children here for the weekend, and it couldn't have been more enjoyable.... There were a lot of activities to choose from to keep them busy. The wave pool is better for older children, but they still had lots of fun playing around in the water.
The "Hearth & Kettle" restaurant had a nice family atmosphere, with a good menu to select from.
If you are looking for a nice family resort, I would definately recommend The Cape Codder. We are looking forward to coming back next year.

1  Thank CaribbeanJulie
There are newer reviews for Cape Codder Resort & Spa

Reviewed April 22, 2009

We spent time during April school vacation. It was busy but the staff were happy and very helpful. They had fun activties for the children, some you had to pay for some were free. The wave pool was a hit for everyone. Our room was big, clean and very comfortable. We were somewhere near the pool, I have to say the downside of this place is navigating your way in and around the halls. I am sure it is easier in the summer months, but when it is still cold outside it was hard to find your way around. the Beach Plum spa was great. My daughter had the strawberry manicure and chocolate pedicure and it was a hit! Grand Cru was wonderful. A nice spot for the grown ups to feel grown up and a great menu for the kids. We are looking forward to a return visit.

1  Thank mzsniffy
Reviewed April 20, 2009

This is by no means what I consider a "resort", a few rooms carved out for activities and less than stellar spa does not a luxury experience make. There is a wave pool but it's small and full of rambunctious children, all of whom have to race past the "relaxation pool" which is a very warm, but not "hot", hot tub. Trust me, there is NO relaxing in that mad scene. The teen lounge is just a meeting room with a few tables, a few video games and a ping pong table. They blare music for the kids and offer a pay "bar" with soft drinks at $2 each, smoothies are more. The "game" room is a similar set up with about 6 video games and those "claw grabber" games where kids spend money to try and win a toy. EVerything extra costs...well, extra.

The room was fine, a standard double bed set up, small bathroom and one little table for a room of four people. The one good thing I can say is that the free WiFi was accessible any time I tried and the connection was strong. The rooms near the pool reek of chlorine, kids can be heard thundering down hallways all day and night. I tried the spa and while the staff was lovely, everything was obviously low budget. The massage was terrific, the manicure was almost excruciatinly painful because the woman was so rough. She even burned my heel with a hot towel for the paraffin dip.

There are many, many cheaper places to stay in Hyannis, all with pools and bbq pits. Lots of activities for kids, mini-golf, beaches, playgrounds...for much less cost. Oh yeah, and the restaurant was mediocre at best (Hearth and Kettle) and no where near the quality of food that can be found all around here.

In sum, I wouldn't come back, I'd spend my money somewhere else.

Reviewed April 17, 2009

The cape codder was a very nice hotel. The indoor wave pool/water slide was a big hit with my 7 year old son. Room service was not that great and extremely expensive. All in all the location was close to the beach and shopping. I would stay again.

2  Thank jeter2ny
Reviewed April 5, 2009

the worst place every , are room was so bad the beds were nasty i had to sleep in a chair just to get to sleep , went to front desk to tell them the person just said you should just up grade to what someting worst,they just didnt care

1  Thank mustang16
rspirlet, General Manager at Cape Codder Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2009

I have contacted these guests and apologized for their unpleasant stay. We have made a fair reimbursement for their inconvenience and we hope to see them again in the near future.

Raymond J. Spirlet
508-771-3000 ext. 701

Reviewed March 16, 2009

What started as my girlfriend and I, became in the end, my fiance and I. We did the dinner and show package. The performer was Jason Bishop, an illusionist beyond belief. I met with Jason before the show to arrange my proposal to my girlfriend. He was very accomodating and the hotel manager on duty helped facilitate the event..

Our room was incredible!!! It was one of the new third floor fractional units. Very reasonably priced for all of the space and options it offered. It had a large bedroom with a master bath containing a hot tub, steam shower and two vanities.

The room also had a full kitchen, dining room and a living room. The balcony was welcoming with a courtyard view and a gas fireplace. There were two flat screen TV's and a complimentary laptop computer.

The suite allows you access to a private billards room which was amazing. I will definitely return for our wedding night.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jamiecape
Reviewed March 10, 2009

the hotel was great. we have stayed there numerous times. but the hearth and kettle is worse than school food! i ordered the prime rib.. discuting! my wife ordered the swordfish special.. way to over cooked and gross.. i would definately recommend the hotel but. not the restaurant!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth
Anchor In Hotel
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis

Been to Cape Codder Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!