Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 21, 2014

This is definitely not top-shelf and there are some negatives, but overall it was a great place for a long weekend with our 5 and 8 year olds. Minor negatives are: the location is a bit far from downtown Hyannis, beds were not very comfy, the rooms are a bit damp and have older style air conditioning units which are definitely a bit noisy. I wish we had requested a room facing the grounds rather than the parking lot. For the kids though, it was awesome. Wave pool with slides was a blast. Hot tubs and outdoor pool were great as well. There were activities for the kids every night; for example a reptile show, bonfires and a DJ dance party. We had good meals for both breakfast and dinner at the restaurants although I found the breakfast to be more overpriced for what you get. I would not choose this for just my husband & I, but definitely would come back with the kids.

Room Tip: Not sure if cost is more, but would ask for a courtyard view rather than parking lot.
3  Thank KristinL70
Jason C, Manager at Cape Codder Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Kristin,

I am glad to hear that your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of some of the amenities we offer. We work hard to keep a schedule of events that keep the whole family entertained whether they are here for one night or a week so we are happy to hear you enjoyed it. We are in the process of replacing the A/C units in all guests rooms with the most up to date units and I’m sorry that yours was a little noisy. I have contacted you privately to get the room number so that our engineering department can look into it. I hope we will see you again in the future.

Cape Codder Resort & Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (1,290)

Reviewed August 21, 2014

The room accommodations and hotel in general are just fine. Not spectacular...just fine. However, the first night we arrived late and had dinner in the bar area of their acclaimed Hearth & Kettle restaurant. All we could hear was the bartender complaining about certain staff. Maybe it was just an off night. The following day, while my family rested in the room, I went to the bar to have a drink and check emails on my laptop. It was a different bar tender, but the same lambasting of the staff...not directed to me but to other staff members that would listen. It was just constant trashing of fellow staff members and how things aren't being done right. As a customer just looking to get away and relax, the trash talking was entirely out of line and disturbing. It was as if they didn't care that I was there or that I could hear them. Negativity abounds at the Hearth & Kettle.

4  Thank doug k

Doug,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with a few of our staff at the Hearth n’ Kettle. I have contacted you privately to get some more information so that we can address the problem. I can assure you that customer service is a priority at the resort and that the majority of our staff is always ready to help with a smile on their face. I hope you will give us another chance in the future so that we can prove this to you.

Assisant Manager

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We are probably in the minority here, not having kids, not staying for multiple nights, and not caring if we got a room overlooking the carpark.
Room 131 was on the first floor - and there's no lift which made for a couple of trips from the car to the room. Our room was a typically large, motel design with nice bathroom and two queen-size beds which we were happy to claim one each to get a good night's sleep. Good wifi reception.
Had a swim in the pool, and a brief dip in the hot jacuzzi until we were inundated with children and parents (I don't think the lifeguard was strictly sticking to the no kids under 10 rule). We stuck our heads in to look at the wave pool which is clearly a hit with kids of all ages.
The resort has a Hearth & Kettle restaurant which we didn't try but we were thrilled to see a Wholefoods Market down the street where we grabbed lunch and supplies.
Easy checkout process; just told front desk we were leaving to drive to New York at 7.30am and left the keys in the room.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason C, Manager at Cape Codder Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

I happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes we do cater to families, however we also find many couples really enjoy our resort as well with live jazz at the Grand Cru Wine Bar on weekends, Adult swim hours at the Rainbow Falls Outdoor Pool, and our full service Beach Plum Spa. I have addressed your concerns with our Recreation Manager regarding the age limits not being as well enforced as they should to make sure they are more vigilant in the future. I hope we will see you again in the future!

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the cape codder and you cannot fault the facilities. The location isn't the prettiest but it is convenient for car drivers. The room was nicely decorated, the french pictures were a bit odd but it was comfortable. We had everything that we needed. Only issue was that we were near to the games room and it could be noisy. The restaurant was probably the worst aspect. It very much depends upon who you get in terms of service and quality. As soon as I mentioned this, it was dealt with. I was really impressed with the customer service and was sad to leave. We loved the pool area and there were nice touches. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the games room
Reviewed August 19, 2014

A 2 night stay at the Cape Codder. The main area of the resort is nice, but our room was musty, dark, the air conditioner was loud, the bed was not very comfy and we had a view of the parking lot. We booked through Price Line.the good news, we spent quite a bit of time sightseeing around the Cape, and won't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Annette B

Annette,

I’m sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with your recent stay with us. You booked a Deluxe Style Room which is advertised as a parking lot facing view, however when you name your own price through Priceline, they don’t let you know that (or the hotel you’re booking) until you’ve already booked. I have passed your comments on to our Housekeeping Manager and Chief Engineer so that the A/C and other room issues are addressed promptly. I hope you will consider giving us another chance during a future visit to the Cape.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Had a two night stay booked, only stayed for one.

Checked in to room, red stain on carpet, rust around bathroom appliances, red stains on towels, unsure as to what they were but looked like dried blood. Did mention to manager, they sent someone to clean room but all that happened was that bleach was sprayed so much that it was difficult to breathe...
Walls very thin so could hear everything from below, above, left, right and outside.

this may be a 'resort', but its more like a summer camp. Not good for couples, probably ok if kids are involved.

Didn't stay second night and went to holiday inn 300yrds down the road which was considerably better..

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Andrew F

I have contacted this guest privately to get more information about their room and resolve the issue to their satisfaction. We have experienced a few instances of our linens returning from our laundry company with rust stains on them which would normally be caught and sent back before they are ever placed in a room but it looks like it was missed in this case. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional guest experience and we missed the mark with this guest and are determined to make the situation right for them.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

I was a little hesitant to book our stay at the Cape Codder as the price was a little more than I wanted to spend but I figured all of the kid friendly amenities would be worth it, especially if the weather wasn't nice for our entire stay. I was so right! My daughter (4yrs) loved having her face painted and my son(2yrs) loved the swings and slide. Both kids loved the indoor wave pool (which was a life saver the day it rained) and the heated outdoor pool. The staff was so very accommodating and friendly (especially Sarah at the front desk- I don't think she went home our entire stay) they gave us great recommendations for area attractions and restaurants and were quick to bring an extra bed rail for our room. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We requested a first floor room since we were traveling with young kids and all the rooms have eithe...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth
Hyannis Harbor Hotel
Hyannis Harbor Hotel
#10 of 22 in Hyannis

Been to Cape Codder Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!