New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersSilver level
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Just ok... The room we had had stained sheets called the desk housekeeping was quick. Outdated inside and out. The wallpapering the bathroom was coming off the wall. The restaurant had a great hostess at night and waitress during breakfast were great. Our waitress in the evening seemed in a rush and irritated. I feel like it is not a "resort" they claim to be. Never asked at checkout how was everything?

Room Tip: Unless you want to buy a timeshare your room is small and in need of updates inside and and out,
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank marsa3118

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Weymouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Excellent stay on the luxury top floor, very new, very clean, especially the comfortable memory foam beds...slept like a baby! In love with the Grand Cru Bar & Grill downstairs with live jazz...the bartender (should had asked his name) had a dry sense of humour.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Go-to-Critic
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I stayed here in December 2013. This hotel reminded me of the Cape Cod motels of my youth, complete with a very musty smell in the first room I stayed in. It also had an older climate control unit that had settings of blasting hot or off. I had booked this room as a "fireplace" room: the "fireplace" was a hearth built into the wall with 2 cans of Sterno to light. When I switched rooms to a double, the room I stayed in was completely different: no musty smell, more updated climate control and it was very clean. The overall look of the hotel is very tired. I visited the spa, and the services were fine. The staff and the hotel and the restaurant were very nice. My overall sense is it is a bit expensive for what it is.

Room Tip: Fireplace rooms are not worth the extra charge.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Jessica T
Warwick, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Easily accessible off Rt 6 on the Cape and recent renovations have really spruced the place up. The outdoor pool is a great addition and the indoor waterpark is always a hit with the kids. You cannot go wrong with breakfast at the Hearth & Kettle, a Cape Cod original.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jmtaylor311
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I found the desk staff very friendly. The Hearth n Kettle restaurant was very good. The restaurant had lots of choices and many felt like home cooked, comfort food. Having a outdoor volleyball court and tennis court was great to get outside and enjoy quality family time. The down side to the facility is the rooms and the bathroom needs some updating. The indoor pool with hot tub was great, but a little TLC in there would go a long way too. I would go again but I think for the price you pay they should do a little more up keeping.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Jason C, Manager at Cape Codder Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
I am happy to hear that your family enjoyed your stay here in April. We are best known as a family resort and have many families that come back every year as a tradition because they have such a great time!

I can understand your points about some areas needing updating and we are constantly working on renovating different parts of the property (some are more visible to guests than others). I am happy to report that just this month we have been specifically replacing wallpaper and carpets in a large number of guest rooms as well as replacing and refinishing some of the furniture. We hope the next time you stay you will notice some of these improvements. Thanks for letting us be a part of your family's vacation to The Cape!

Jason C.
Assistant Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights in May 2014. Service was good, room was clean, pool area was clean. There was a camp fire and a movie for the children at night as well as a small arcade and playground. There was a heated outdoor pool and an indoor wave pool/slides which the children loved! Lots of family fun at a reasonable price.

Stayed May 2014
Sharon, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I was very excited to arrive at this hotel, as it was for my best friend's 21st birthday. Unfortunately, it was off to a bad start when we arrived at the hotel to check in and the front desk staff was RUDE. They treated us like teeny-boppers. "Is ANYONE here 21?" Yes, that's why I booked the rooms... I paid 300$ a night for two rooms, that were beautiful by the way. But because of the service in the beginning, I was starting to feel uneasy. I work at a front desk in Rockland, and I am ALWAYS nice and courteous to my guests, because that makes their stay even more enjoyable. I felt like I was being treated by a child. Not fair.

Then, I gave her my credit card, she did not even ask for my ID when we checked in. What if I wasn't who I said I was? What if someone stole my card? I was uneasy about that.

And when we were staying in the room, the hot tub was making weird noises in the middle of the night, keeping me and my fiancé awake. But we just moved to the couch, the room was too nice to give up and I didn't want to deal with the rude staff again.

I went down and alerted them at check-out. The girls at the desk looked at me like I was crazy, lying to them. All that was said was, "I'm sorry to hear that." What about a small offer of a refund? Nothing!

My biggest reason for going here was because my fiancé and I are looking for a place to have our wedding guests stay and we heard such nice things about this hotel. But unfortunately, I do not want anyone in his or my family to be mistreated or feel uncomfortable, so we will not be booking here. Unless the staff freshens up...

All in all, great place.

Green Features: Maybe some small bins in the rooms? To recycle our beer bottles and sodas.. :)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Elizabeth V
Elizabeth,

I have sent this guest a private message to get more details about their experience so we can properly address their concerns. We strive for excellent customer service at the resort and in this case it looks like we weren't up to our usual standards. I am confident we will resolve this problem to the guest's satisfaction and hope they will stay with us in the future to prove that this experience was and not usual for our property.

Jason C.
Assistant Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
#4 of 21 in South Yarmouth
4.0 of 5 stars 547 reviews

Been to Cape Codder Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!