“Great family stay”

Cape Codder Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Easily accessible off Rt 6 on the Cape and recent renovations have really spruced the place up. The outdoor pool is a great addition and the indoor waterpark is always a hit with the kids. You cannot go wrong with breakfast at the Hearth & Kettle, a Cape Cod original.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jmtaylor311

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I found the desk staff very friendly. The Hearth n Kettle restaurant was very good. The restaurant had lots of choices and many felt like home cooked, comfort food. Having a outdoor volleyball court and tennis court was great to get outside and enjoy quality family time. The down side to the facility is the rooms and the bathroom needs some updating. The indoor pool with hot tub was great, but a little TLC in there would go a long way too. I would go again but I think for the price you pay they should do a little more up keeping.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Jason C, Manager at Cape Codder Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

I am happy to hear that your family enjoyed your stay here in April. We are best known as a family resort and have many families that come back every year as a tradition because they have such a great time!

I can understand your points about some areas needing updating and we are constantly working on renovating different parts of the property (some are more visible to guests than others). I am happy to report that just this month we have been specifically replacing wallpaper and carpets in a large number of guest rooms as well as replacing and refinishing some of the furniture. We hope the next time you stay you will notice some of these improvements. Thanks for letting us be a part of your family's vacation to The Cape!

Jason C.
Assistant Manager

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights in May 2014. Service was good, room was clean, pool area was clean. There was a camp fire and a movie for the children at night as well as a small arcade and playground. There was a heated outdoor pool and an indoor wave pool/slides which the children loved! Lots of family fun at a reasonable price.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I was very excited to arrive at this hotel, as it was for my best friend's 21st birthday. Unfortunately, it was off to a bad start when we arrived at the hotel to check in and the front desk staff was RUDE. They treated us like teeny-boppers. "Is ANYONE here 21?" Yes, that's why I booked the rooms... I paid 300$ a night for two rooms, that were beautiful by the way. But because of the service in the beginning, I was starting to feel uneasy. I work at a front desk in Rockland, and I am ALWAYS nice and courteous to my guests, because that makes their stay even more enjoyable. I felt like I was being treated by a child. Not fair.

Then, I gave her my credit card, she did not even ask for my ID when we checked in. What if I wasn't who I said I was? What if someone stole my card? I was uneasy about that.

And when we were staying in the room, the hot tub was making weird noises in the middle of the night, keeping me and my fiancé awake. But we just moved to the couch, the room was too nice to give up and I didn't want to deal with the rude staff again.

I went down and alerted them at check-out. The girls at the desk looked at me like I was crazy, lying to them. All that was said was, "I'm sorry to hear that." What about a small offer of a refund? Nothing!

My biggest reason for going here was because my fiancé and I are looking for a place to have our wedding guests stay and we heard such nice things about this hotel. But unfortunately, I do not want anyone in his or my family to be mistreated or feel uncomfortable, so we will not be booking here. Unless the staff freshens up...

All in all, great place.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Elizabeth V

Elizabeth,

I have sent this guest a private message to get more details about their experience so we can properly address their concerns. We strive for excellent customer service at the resort and in this case it looks like we weren't up to our usual standards. I am confident we will resolve this problem to the guest's satisfaction and hope they will stay with us in the future to prove that this experience was and not usual for our property.

Jason C.
Assistant Manager

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Plenty of activities for the kids and our suite had sliding doors with just steps to the indoor pool and outdoor pool. Vending machines close to room. Complimentary coffee in the morning. Friendly staff . Easy checkin

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

The hotel front desk is great. The hearth n kettle very good. The outside pool is great. The wave pool is awesome but the lifeguards don't pay attention to the slides. The sheet on the bed was dirty and the electrical cord was overloaded under the bed which is a very unsafe. The toilet kept clogging everyday also which was very annoying. But overall it's a great location and place!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed May 9, 2014

From the moment we arrived each of us had something to capture our interest...whether it be the indoor waterpark, the outdoor pool, the activities, hottubs or movies....it was a blast. We will definately go back....

• Stayed: April 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cape Cod Hyannis
Hyannis Harbor Hotel
Hyannis Harbor Hotel
#10 of 22 in Hyannis

Been to Cape Codder Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!