“awesome”

Cape Codder Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The hotel is awesome.The wave pool is fun and the water slides go from long to short.There is a campfire sometimes,especially in the winter.The room is very clean.There is also an outdoor pool open year round.The employees are so friendly.I never got room service but I can tell it would be good.There is even an arcade and a bunch of restaruants.Even the lobby is nice.This hotel is awesome!

Room Tip: Whatever room is fine
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Cape Codder Resort & Spa

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I found this place on a web site and was very pleasantly surprised. I stayed in October, so my experience may not be indicative of the summer months.

The price I paid was the same as I would have paid in a chain hotel like Hampton Inn, maybe even cheaper. I didn't have the same tired looking hotel room and furniture, all was very cute, different, quintessential New England, but not in an "in-your face " sort of way. Very pleasant.

And the best part? The bed was ridiculously comfortable Loved it! But maybe not so much in the summer with loads of kids running around.....I'm a business travler.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We came with our two children. The room was not as expected; the wallpaper was peeling, the cleaning staff did not vacuum the room on several days (paper pieces etc. still on the floor after it was "cleaned").Bureaus, glass slider etc. not cleaned with any product; if it were the fingerprints from our child would not be on the slider when we returned to our room, and the ring from a coffee cup would not be on the bureau. For the cost, and the pitch as "child-friendly", you would think cleaning to avoid germs etc would be a focus. The only bright spot was the food at grand-cru and the bartender at Hearth and Kettle. We would not return due to lack of cleanliness standards in the rooms. Awful!

2  Thank Unknown248
Jason C, Manager at Cape Codder Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed in your stay with us. I have sent you a private message to get more information so we can address some of your concerns and make the situation right. In regards to your claim of cleanliness, for a stay over room (cleaning during a guest's stay) we normally straighten out the bed (change out sheets only on request or if there is noticeable stains), remove trash, dust around guest belongings, vacuum when necessary, replenish toiletries and towels, clean the bathtub, clean the toilet and clean the floor. We normally don’t clean glass doors on a stay over. It appears this particular housekeeper may have missed a few of those things which will be addressed with our housekeeping department. Thank you for your feedback and hopefully you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Ok..lot to say, where to begin. My son and new daughter-in-law held their wedding here this past weekend. I want to say right here and now, the wedding was awesome! The banquet manager, Jane, was the best. She went out of her way with holding things for us and setting up a place for the centerpieces. Everything went smoothly from the rehearsal, ceremony on the beach, the transportation, cocktail hour and reception. Food was wonderful! Everyone had a blast.
The room was fine, average. It was very clean. I paid more for a Cape Codder room while some paid less for a deluxe. To me, they were exactly the same (at least the two I saw). Why the price difference? My view?? I had a balcony with no chairs to sit outside and my view was the brick side of the building across and the fence below storing the wood for the fire pit. When I looked to the left, there was the fire pit area. We weren't in our room a lot, so I said no big deal, but I hope this isn't why there was a big price difference. We supposedly got a group rate, so I didn't get the coupon for the restaurant while others did who did not have the group rate? Really?? It wasn't the money, it was the principle of it. A lot of nickel and diming I felt. Also, the bill showed $2.12 resort fee per day. What is that? Paying nearly $200/night before taxes didn't include that. Again, nickel and diming. No fridges in all the rooms, which I was told there are working on that. I had a fridge. We had a lot of guests staying here and the wine bar closes early. It did stay open late on Friday night. Saturday night, by the time the wedding was over, the wine bar was closed. After party had to go to the little dive next door. Thursday night, when a lot of people arrived, we were in the restaurant bar (by the way, food there is wonderful). They wanted to close, so we were going into the wine bar..nope, closed at 9pm. The wonderful bartender didn't mind and stayed late for us. I think her name was Susan. We loved her! Maybe I'm wrong, but the consensus of our group was big wedding, with lots of guests...keeping the wine bar open maybe a little later. A lot of money would have been spent, just sayin..
Pools were wonderful and fire pit is nice. Hallways need updating, maybe something they'll work on. Bridal party used the Spa and ladies there are wonderful. Hair service was very pricey, but we knew that going in. It's a wedding, you don't have to drive anywhere, we took advantage of it.
So, this is a mixed review. I loved what I loved and disappointed with other parts. The happy couple had a great time and in the end, that all that mattered.

Room Tip: I only gave service an average due to the closing of the wine bar so early. Housekeeping and front...
4  Thank bobat1
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed here for a conference and celebrated our 40th anniversary. We had a very nice stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. We arrived early and they got us right into a room. The room was clean and inviting with a very comfortable king size bed. There are parts of the facility that are showing some wear but you can see that they are making improvements. The fitness room was excellent as were the pools. The buffet breakfast was delicious! Hope to go back and bring the grand kids next year

1  Thank Nanny2bubs
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Way overpriced for a two night stay in August unless you're a family. The rooms were rather run down and for $300 I expected it to be updated. Good location if you like being on a traffic jammed road. Would never suggest to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013
Jason C, Manager at Cape Codder Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay at the Cape Codder. We strive to keep our rates competitive while still offering many activities for our guest's enjoyment such as live music, kid's games, and other activities. We are also constantly working to update guests rooms to improve our guest's experience. In regards to traffic, I'm sorry to say that this is an inescapable characteristic of Cape Cod in the summer that all of us, tourists and residents alike, must encounter. I hope you would consider giving us another chance next time you're in the area (if traffic is a concern I highly recommend early June or September when the weather is great but the kids are still in school).

Reviewed September 12, 2013

The resort is fantastic. It has a lot to do for families and you don't even have to leave. The room that they said was for "5" was very small. There was barely enough room for the extra bed, which cost $20. There are no amenities in the room like fridge or microwave. The sliding glass door with patio was nice and was very convenient to the parking lot to unload and get stuff from the car. Wifi was adequate and free. The pools are fantastic and the activities for children are great. They had a bonfire, playground, crafts, etc. They even have a little beach. The property is beautiful. The staff is accommodating. The location is central. You cannot walk to anything, but everything is within a close drive. The grounds are pretty. The restaurant Hearth and Kettle is slow and they messed up our order. We did not eat in other restaurant since the weather was gorgeous and we wanted to eat outside on the deck. They also had entertainment at night outside. It was a lovely stay. Would have liked to stay longer and the kids love it.

Room Tip: We liked being on the first floor and having the patio door to run out to the car. With kids that i...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Depending on bedding style you book (one king or two queens) the room can sleep 2-4 comfortably with a max occupancy of 5 per town fire code (with the exception of some of our suites). This is mentioned on our website when you book a room and our reservations staff do their best to communicate this, but it may have been overlooked. My apologies if there was any miscommunication as we try our best to give as many details as possible when describing our rooms. We are also working towards having refrigerators in all guests rooms. At this time, all of our rooms with two queen beds should have one in it, so keep that in mind when you book your next stay. We are happy to have had you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you during your next stay!

Assistant Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth
Anchor In Hotel
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis

Been to Cape Codder Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!