“Walls are Paper Thin”

Cape Codder Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hotel was so-so. . . . It smells awful (like wet hamster) in the halls near the pool. Luckily we weren't in the building right near the pool. The pool room was nice (has a sauna, wave pool, jacuzzi, etc.). They are in need of making some updates, though. The chairs had stains on them (blood-looking stains). Also, the walls were SO thin. We had people with children on both sides of us and we could hear the children running around. Also, we could hear the people talking next door. Not loudly talking, just talking. You can also hear the people in the next door bathroom through your bathroom vent quite loudly. I was just washing my hands in my bathroom and I could hear every word next door. Definitely not a peaceful night there.

Room Tip: Don't pick a room near the pool area--the hallways smell wet and moldy.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa K
There are newer reviews for Cape Codder Resort & Spa

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Kids loved it...great wave pool, great service, food in restaurant is very good! Had such a great time inside even though it was raining outside!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

My kids love this place! They love the wave pool. Great place for a quick, overnight get away! Lots of great places to eat nearby and Cape Cod mall is also right down the street. The front desk staff was helpful and informative.

Room Tip: Ask for late check out or a room near indoor pool
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I spent a weekend here in May for our Anniversary. WE stayed two nights in the "ownership" portion of the Cape Codder. The actual apartment was absolutely beautiful! It was decorated so beachy and "Cape Coddish". I loved it! Two full bathrooms, one with a steam shower and jacuzzi tub with his and her sinks. There was a full fridge, stove, washer/dryer, dishwasher, much of which we didn't use. I found the bed way too high for me and not comfortable. In fact, I slept out on the sectional because I was so uncomfortable! I didn't find the staff all that helpful except Karen. When we checked in, it was all business, no have you ever been here? Or Did you have any questions about the area? etc....We did use the out door jacuzzi which was nice but crowded. The heated pool was still a bit too chilly for us but looked very inviting. We did check out the wave pool which was neat but again too crowded. We did walk around the hotel portion to get to the wave pool and it did seem like the hotel needed some renovations. If you like centrally located, that it is. I wish we had been closer to the beach but we now we know for next time. While our room was beautiful, I feel we overpaid for the over all experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gordon fan
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I found this hotel to have comfortable rooms. They also looked like they were recently updated. The mattresses were new and the room was large and fit the three of us well. The beds were comfortable, but the fitted sheets did not even come close to fitting on the bed. It was like they put double sized sheets on a queen sized bed.

I think that the rooms could have been a bit cleaner. There were french fries in the frame of our bed, on the side. That's just gross. The bathroom in the guestroom are in much need of renovation.

The outside of the hotel is run down and took away from the experience, in my opinion. It looks very tired. It looks like it has never been renovated. If you have young kids, however, they will love the indoor wave pool. My daughter loved it. The lifeguards really don't watch the pool, so just be aware that you will have to keep an eye on your kids.

On a positive note, it was a huge plus that the hotel has 2 full service restaurants. We ate at one of them, and it was very good.

Also, there are NO elevators. If you have a problem lugging up your bags up the stairs, book a room on the first floor.

Room Tip: If you cannot navigate the stairs with your luggage, book a room on the 1st floor. There are no elev...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed May 28, 2013

When I stand waiting to check in look up and see cracked and stained ceiling tiles I usually know I picked a bad one. I don't take time often for reviews but felt this was needed. Was there for memorial weekend with wife and kids. It's a dump plain and simple. Paint peeling everywhere courtyard grass knee high. . Room was disgusting layed in the bed looked up to see buggers stuck to the ceiling ..true... the main road and in pictures it looks ok. But it's not. Cigarette buts everywhere in all parking areas. Weeds overtaking old plantings. If you don't mind feeling scuzzy so out dated and run down I'm amazed they are running and filling up. Despicable conditions.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank John D
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Spent recent Memorial Day weekend here with wife, 3 year old and 3 month old. First of all all should be forewarned that there are no elevators at least in building 1. This is a huge problem with kids and kids luggage. Other than that and a little shabby room window and furniture issues, it is a great place. On site restaurants, wave pool, outdoor swings and friendly staff is all you really need. Since it was rainy and cloudy the wave pool was great to keep our 3 year old entertained. Location of the resort is also very convenient to get to Main Street Hyannis which has a wide selection of restaurants and shopping, and the beaches and touristy sections of Yarmouth.

Room Tip: Don't choose 2nd floor of building 1. No elevator!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jomarzii
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth
Anchor In Hotel
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis

Been to Cape Codder Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!