“Great family get-away”

Cape Codder Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Very nice family-friendly hotel. Two pool choices and lots of activities for the kids. Rooms are large and SPOTLESS. Beds are extremely comfortable. Great location. Staff - from the front desk to the gift shop to the spa and restaurants - were extremely friendly and accommodating of our special requests. Have stayed at this property multiple times and keep coming back. Room service could use some improvement and staff needs to double check the order before delivery i.e. had 2 carafes of coffee but no cups or sugar.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Beachmom27

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night with the family. I don't know if I would consider it a hotel. The buildings were not connected we had to Check in and then drive around the back to our room it felt kind of like a Condo. The room was excellent very clean and well appointed. There was a balcony but when we opens the door it smelled to much like cigarets from all the people smoking out side. On the other have a big indoor pool and slides which was fun although we again had to drive around the property to get their. Good location not to far from the water however would rather stay at a property and leave my car at valet.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank -POLO-SINGH-
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel has it all......For family or just yourself there is something for everyone....Outdoor salt water pool only for adults in the am which is great as the kids have an indoor wave pool...Spa services,great wine bar and an in house restaurant...I have been four times and it is always great..

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the courtyard not the parking lot!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great indoor pool, good location with onsite bars & restaurant, rooms spacious & good large queen beds (as oppossed the typical small queen beds you get in many hotels), 5 mins from downtown, supermarket, gas station nearby. Pleasant staff. Good place for a 1-2 nighter get away.

Room Tip: dont need to park out front, once you have room loaction you can move car to closer to save walking
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Let me preface this review by telling you I am NOT the complaining type. I like to keep things drama-free, but this place is ridiculous. We stayed at the resort for April vacation with our 2 young children and were VERY disappointed. Upon checking in the woman assigned us our room number, and while I heard other guests being asked by the other front desk staff if they had a location preference (pool or lobby area), we were not asked, and actually felt very rushed. For the record- yes I am aware this was a very busy week for the hotel- but for the top dollar they charge, I would expect a bit more than cheap motel level service.

Upon entering our room we immediately noticed a very strong musty odor. The room was outdated and dirty looking. The light fixture was literally hanging off the wall, inoperable and the headboards were cracked and splintered. I went to the front desk and asked for another room. I was told we could be put in an "updated" room- which was better, but still far from impressive. The hotel had a week full of activities planned of rthe kids- which they really enjoyed- so kudos there. However, it seems that many parents do not feel the need to supervise their children here and we had to shield our children from flailing flaming sticks and marshmallows at the nightly bonfire and running children in the halls.

THE WAVE POOL WAS OUR BIGGEST ISSUE. Put aside the fact that they were WAY over capacity. My son fell and smacked his head pretty hard- he was screaming crying and a large egg immediately appeared. I rushed him over to the lifeguard who seemed to be annoyed that we were bothering her and that she had to get up and put down her ice coffee. I told her what happened and she just stared at me. I then asked for an ice pack for his head. She didn't seem to even know where to find one and had to ask another guard. After they both shuffled around the "first aid kit" for a minute, she tells me matter of factly "We're out of ice packs. Do you want me to go get you one?" "YES!" I said, "and I want someone to evaluate my son too!!" So off she goes, acting completely inconvenienced. A few moments later she comes back and says "My shift is over, this guard will get you an ice pack" and walks away!! I am not exaggerating when I tell you a good 10 minutes passed and still no ice pack. Finally I grab another lifeguard and ask for the person in charge. The couple next to me couldn't believe what was going on and ran to their room (which was close by) and brought us some ice. When the "head" guard came over I was livid! He barely looked at my son and simply took an incident report. When I expressed my disgust at how the situation was handled he simply said "Yeah, well she was ending her shift." Are you KIDDING me?! My husband also informed the front desk who simply replied "Well, we hire local kids during school break weeks. Sometimes, they're not the best." WHAT?!? Absolutely ridiculous and completely unacceptable.

I was not expecting the Ritz (although the price was close) but I do expect my family to be safe- and that is not happening here. Depsite bringing our issues to the attention of numerous staff members, we did not receive so much as a "sorry". NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank ODZIGME
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Our family of 5 went for one night during spring break week.

1) Pool was very fun. My kids ages 6 and 11 loved it. My 15-yr-old wouldn't go near it. Definitely a kiddie scene, although not for toddlers. If not for the pool, we would not have chosen this property. We did not use the outdoor pool, as the weather outside was quite cold. Indoors, there are 2 water slides (height requirement is about 42 or 44 inches?), a wave pool, and a large jacuzzi pool. Lifeguards were omnipresent, although I wouldn't leave my child unattended there. There were no towels available when we were there -- evidently they were all in the laundry.

2) Room was clean and -- well, you know, your basic hotel room. It was fine. Beds comfortable, pillows fine, etc. However, a lot of noise came through the door to the hallway. Some people do not control their kids. Children were running through the hallways and shouting at all hours. I set my iPhone White Noise app on full volume and that worked fine.

3) There was a problem at the front desk that kind of freaked me out. At check-in, we were given working keys to someone else's room. However, when I came back to the desk to report the problem, everyone was appropriately horrified and very apologetic. They gave us pool wristbands for the extent of the next day as compensation. So -- that was a REAL problem, but I thought the management handled it quickly.

4) Would we return? Certainly not without kids -- I do not know why people would go to this place as a "girls' weekend" or a romantic vacation. I might go back with the younger kids for a cure to the winter blues. The indoor pool was a welcome break to the freezing weather outside!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I had been here maybe a year ago with my kids, but went recently with my fiancee. I was a little concerned as it was Spring Vacation, but not only is there so much to do, but the pool staff was so on top of maintaining a great environment for everyone that we were able to enjoy the property and each other.
As for the room, we got a loft which was not only huge, comfortable and accomodating, but between the fireplace and the Jaccuzi tub, well, we had a wonderful time.
Also, the outside heated pool was fantastic during the adult only time from 8 to 9pm
I'll (oops) We'll be heading back for sure.
FYI I emailed the hotel to ask what mattress they had because I don't think I've slept that well in a long time. I hope I can buy one.

Room Tip: I've stayed here a couple times and each time has been nice, but if you are looking for a romant...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis
Anchor In Hotel
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis

Been to Cape Codder Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!