“A Wonderful Overnight”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Walpole, MA
“A Wonderful Overnight”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We spent one night at the Cape Codder because we were attending a party on the Cape which was going to run late. The room was perfect - handicapped access is top of the line! Breakfast the next day was wonderful and inexpensive. Best was the heated pool in weather that was very cold ( 10 to be exact).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Malden, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We have been staying at The Cape Codder for years. Recently they have had an overhaul. The furniture is all new and lovely. The mattresses are new and comfy. Plenty of fluffy pillows and extra soft blankets. There is a coffee machine in the room for that first cup and the Hearth and Kettle has a fine breakfast which is quite affordable. They have a brand new outdoor pool and whirlpool that is open right thru the winter. It is kept nice and warm and they have a lifeguard present. Saturday you can expect a crowd of young families. They have an indoor water park and young couples see the oppurtunity to entertain their youngsters in an affordable way. We are a couple in our sixties and loved seeing the excitement on the faces of these youngsters. Friday eve is quiet as is after 11am on Sunday. You need to know what to expect. The hotel is quite adept at trying to position us oldies a little away from the fun area. We stayed in January for three days and had a wonderful time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gloria R
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The hotel was a bit dated but the room we stayed in had been updated. The grounds in some areas hadn't been kept up and seemed a bit over-run however they seemed to have a lot to do for kids and families. Even though there were a lot of families there - it was quiet for us. We were really staying at the hotel and exploring the Cape. It was in a good location for us to do this. At check-in they had our reservation wrong but quickly made it right. The beds were comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Looking for something fun to do in the winter with my 3 year old niece I decided on a quick getaway to the CAPE CODDER RESORT & SPA. It turned out to be the perfect choice.

ROOM – 2 adults & 1 child. We had originally booked a room with two beds but switched it to a room with a king bed, figuring it would be best to have more space for a child to roam around. So glad we did. The room was an okay size, but it would have been a very tight squeeze with two beds. The room was clean. Plenty of draw space for unpacking if you are staying longer than the 1 nite we did. Under the desk was a roll out table which was the perfect height to roll over to the bed and my niece sat the end of the bed and used the table for her activities. We had a room on the ground floor with a slider which was great, we parked right outside the door which helped with bring bags in and out of the room. The room had a coffee pot. A mini fridge would have been nice. The bathroom was on the small side, but clean. The shower was the worst I have ever encountered. The spray was like a light misty rain.

INDOOR POOL – lots of fun for kids of any age. The waves are turned on for what seemed like 15 minutes at a time with maybe a 5 minute break. There is a large hot tub. Two waterslides, but kids have to be a certain height (I think 42 inches). It would have been nice if the hotel had a separate indoor pool just for swimming. I wouldn’t stay here if it were an adult only trip because the pool is pretty much for kids and not exactly swimmable. There is an outdoor pool but it was closed (even though they advertise it is open year round, only the outdoor hot tub was open).

STAFF – everyone we encountered was friendly & kind.

MISC. – plenty of ice machines and vending machines (drinks, candy/snacks, ice cream) throughout the property. Restaurants on site. Plenty of parking. Convenient location to shopping & restaurants. There is a game room. At nite they had a bonfire, I didn’t see anyone at it though. A kids movie was shown @ 830pm but it was a bit too late for a 3 yr old, I wish they had one at 7pm.

This trip was pretty much a one nite getaway not too far from home with a pool for the 3 yr old to have some fun. The Cape Codder turned out to be exactly what we wanted. The price was reasonable. The room was comfy. The pool kept the 3 yr old entertained. I would certainly stay again if it were for a nite long stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BostonTravelPro
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I went here for a night to get away for my birthday. I read views before going so I knew what to expect. It was nothing below a 10 for us! The front desk staff were very friendly. Check-in went really quick. In the lobby they have a fire place that makes it smell amazing. Our room,a deluxe king was very spacious and clean. We had dinner at the hotels resturaunt Hearth&Kettle. When we checked in we receieved a $10 voucher. We planned on going and having a $10 voucher even made it better.The food and service were all great. We had buffalo chicken for a appetizer and burgers for our meals. The loaded mashed potatos were awesome. It was a bit cold so we decided not to go in the outdoor pool. We went to the wave pool and went on the water slides a few times. We had a good time. The wave pool and slides would be great for a family with children. The wave pool goes from 1ft-4ft which is perfect for children. We also had breakfast at Hearth&Kettle. It was once again really good. Overall I reccomend this hotel and I want to go back again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Orleans, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I used the Cape Codder to stage my 75th birthday party, which I gave for 165 guests. This was a very special occasion, due to the fact that I have been diagnosed with incurable leukemia, and decided to be roasted while I was still alive and could enjoy things at this very special 3/4 century mark than be toasted after I am gone and can't enjoy it.

A number of my guests were from some distance, and I put them up in 22 rooms for which I paid. It was a very complicated affair, with a separate raw oyster bar for Wellfleet oysters, with Prosecco and Bellinis; a separate beef carving station; an open liquor bar and a separate open wine bar; truly excellent passed hors d'oeuvres which tasted just made (they were); a complicated buffet with dinner wines served to guests after they were seated; a podium and mike for speakers; a wonderful dance floor; and a raised stage for musicians.

This last presented a small problem in itself, since one of the musical groups was the James Montgomery Blues Band, which comes with its own group of dedicated gate crashers whom we expected to be especially determined since the word had gone out that the Blues Band was also going to be jamming with members of the Cape Cod Symphony Orchestra. A system of name tags, and hotel security in the person of the event manager, Jane Henry, solved this.

The tables were beautifully decorated by the staff and the service was beyond impeccable with friendly smiles and immediate attention to guests' requests. My wife toured the kitchen, which was immaculately clean with a very large staff.

As for the rooms, every guest who stayed overnight has communicated with me about how nice the rooms were for them. Several used the other hotel amenities during their stay, to their great enjoyment.

Finally, the price: this cost much less than I thought it would, and was a great value. Potential customers should not be put off by the mark up system: Oh boy, do you get everything for which you are paying and much, much more!

From large groups such as mine, to smaller ones, I can say: Try it! You'll like it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 30, 2013

When you drive up you think your at a regular motel. But once you go through the front doors your in for a real pleasure. Clean, friendly staff. Rooms are very nice. 2 great restaurants. Amazing pool with waterfall. An incredible indoor wave pool for the kids. Also an excellent spa. Been there in July an been there in January. An will be back for more. R. S. an family.

• Stayed January 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Anchor In Hotel
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis
Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth

Been to Cape Codder Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!