“family reunion”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“family reunion”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here as part of an "enormous" family reunion. I cannot say enough good or great things about this place. The wave pool - simply outstanding! The staff - wonderful. Everything you could possibly want or need is in this hotel or well within walking distance from it. Our reunion was made that much better by the staff at the Cape Codder and I also would need to mention the staff at the Hearth and Kettle which is located right in the Cape Codder. There is so much to do for the little ones there. They made our stay well, certainly one of the best I have ever experienced! It is such a beautiful and well kept place. The rooms are "super" clean, as well as the rest of the resort.....Fabulocity at it's best!

1 Thank Jeanie G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I booked this hotel online for a "babymoon" for my husband and I as we have just one month until we are new parents. I was disappointed upon arrival as it did not look nearly as nice outside as it did online. We checked in right at 3pm and the room was ready. The room was okay, a little small but nothing to really complain about. The bed was so so, not uncomfortable but not the greatest. The AC/heat was very loud making it hard to sleep. I'm the type of person who needs it on all night but the hotel has it set on energy saver so it shut off when it hit temperature instead of continuously going which I wasn't happy about. We were one of the few staying at the hotel on a Sunday night, yet we were placed in a room on the first floor next to the outside dumpster. I thought they'd give us a decent location or view given the lack of people staying there but I used my AAA discount and I guess you get what you pay for...even if you're their only guest. Everytime we were outside a cop drove through the parking lot. I'm not sure if this made us feel safe or nervous that we weren't in the best of areas. At night it was noisy due to whatever is outside around that area and also heard police sirens all night. We had a difficult time sleeping.

I'm not sure why they keep the outside pool open year round since they keep it heated only to 81-84 degrees. It was 50 outside when we went in but didn't stay in long. You also have no privacy since they lock the doors and you have to have someone let you outside and then they stay out there with you.

I couldn't use the indoor water slides due to being pregnant but my husband had fun in them and he loved the indoor water park. I had fun in the wave pool. During the day they had a kids birthday party going on so we had to wait until later to go in without 30 kids.

We ordered breakfast to be delivered to the room between 9:15-9:45, it didn't show up until almost 10:30. They called the room at 9:45 but we missed it, we checked and no food was at the door and called them back and then they asked if we still wanted breakfast.

Hearth & Kettle was very good for both breakfast and dinner. Plus we got a $10 card to eat there from the restaurant.

Check out time was 11, but housekeeping barely knocked and let themselves in at 10:50.

Not a bad stay but not recommended for a couples get away. I think it'd be much better in the summer time however much busier which is a turn off to me.

• Stayed November 2012
Reading, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We held our family reunion at the Cape Codder on November 2-4, 2012. The accomodations, the facilities, the amenities, the meals, everything was excellent! Best of all, the service and cooperation from the staff, especially Lani Pillarella, was outstanding! We intend to hold future family reunions there as well!

3 Thank James M
San Diego, California
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were in town for a family reunion held at the Cape Codder (November 2-4, 2012). We have a huge family and winter is the only time we can find a place large enough to house our enormous family. This is the first time we had the reunion at the Cape Codder - but it won't be the last! The rooms were nice and big (and inexpensive), beds were incredibly comfortable and the staff were super friendly. I had to make some last minute changes to my reservations and the staff were unbelievably accommodating (no guilt trips or rude responses to my requested changes). The huge in-door heated wave pool was the kid's favorite of any hotel we've ever stayed at. The Hearth & Kettle restaurant was good too - their lobster roll was amazing! Because we were having a family reunion, we also got access to a large hospitality room down stairs where we could meet up and chat with family members - this was a huge plus. The location is perfect if you're looking to spend a couple of hours sightseeing along the Cape. This part of Massachusetts is by far the most beautiful. I honestly can't find one bad thing to say about our stay. We'll be back in 3 years for the next reunion and the family has all agreed to have it at the Cape Codder!

1 Thank Gayle B
Oldsmar, Florida, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at the Cape Codder to celebrate my 50th birthday with my entire family. We had the greatest time ever. The heated pool and hot tub were our favorites. We enjoyed the fire pit, jazz club and the overall quaintness of this beautiful resort!! There is definitely a repeat trip in my future.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are my favorite!!!
1 Thank Mary D
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed for the kids Halloween Dance party and had a terrific time. Great time for the kids between the trick or treating, dancing, and of course the wave pool that we visited many times in our trip there. Loved it and will be going back again.

• Stayed October 2012
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This was our first time in New England and it was great. The Cape Codder Resort was lovely the room was comfortable and spacious and the beds were like sleeping on a cloud! I was travelling with my partner and two teenagers and the Cape Codder Resort was loved by us all. I would definately go back again.
The Hearth and Kettle was great for breakfast and dinner. I loved the Cape Cod Bagel Sandwich and had it every morning! Delicious

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank yorkshire4s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
#4 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Cape Codder Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!