1,280 results
All reviews fire pit east wing bagels continental breakfast cape cod overlooking the harbour hyannis harbor martha's vineyard deluxe room main street steamship authority fresh fruit wonderful hotel within walking distance off season new england heated pool
Reviewed June 14, 2009

Delighted with our long weekend stay in room 138. My husband and I travel extensively and are choosy about where we stay and we were not disappointed. I understand this is a family hotel and it shows in the way they take care of their guests. I was greeted with smiles from the beginning. Our room was cozy and immaculate and the shower had the best water pressure we have ever experienced in a hotel. Our balcony overlooked the harbor and the beautifully landscaped grounds.
The continental breakfast was certainly more extensive than most and wonderfully healthy.. my favorite was the vanilla yogurt which I loaded with sweet cranberries. It was a pleasure to stay here!

Date of stay: June 2009
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2009

My spouse & I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of May, in the "West Barnstable" room (deluxe), directly overlooking the hotel pool and the harbour just beyond it. The room was large, a bit dark but came with a equally sized balcony accessible via sliding doors, which we were unable to utilize much due to the weather. The balcony is not private, separated by a hip high railing to the next one. There was nothing particularly special or outstanding about the room. It had flowery wallpaper and green carpet which gave it a cozy feel, decent linens and lots of room, was clean and quiet. If we didn't have sliding glass doors out on to the balcony, the room would not feel as airy as it did. It was quite cold in May and we were thankful the air conditioning/heating unit worked properly and was fairly quiet to run.
Bathroom was good, clean, tiled, plenty of towels, nice pressure and a window overlooking the balcony & harbour.
The staff was very welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable about the area. They messed up our check-in by giving us the keys (and charging us incorrectly) for the wrong room, but caught themselves by the time we reached our room. We had to leave the room, go back downstairs to sort things out - which was the last thing we wanted to do as we were quite tired. They gave us a bottle of brut.
We slept in all days so missed out on the free continental breakfast. The hotel seemed fairly quiet and not full, we didn't experience much noise or "housekeeping" calls in the mornings.
We were usually able to park right in front of our building, but it was a bit of a lug (14 very vertical and narrow steps) with heavy suitcases to the 2nd floor. The landing at the top of the stairs was very small and was shared between 2 rooms. Overall, we had a comfortable stay and chose the hotel because of its central location and harbour views. We would stay here again if our next trip is focused around Hyannis.

Pros:
- If you're taking ferries, can't be beat. It's the only hotel on the waterfront in Hyannis and you can easily walk to Main street.
- Still expensive for what you actually get but on the Cape nothing's cheap and nice. :)

Cons:
- Carpet was sticky even though everything else was clean. Couldn't figure it out, so had to wear socks.
- TV is really small.
- The fridge is really tiny (cans not bottles) and not very cold.
- No in-room safe

Reviewed June 3, 2009

Stayed at the Anchor In end of May 2009. Even if the weather was not like we were expected we had a warm welcome at the reception desk. Very friendly people working there. We were allocated the room 129 and I must say it was perfect. Overlooking the harbour, with a small balcony (that we, because of the weather, were unable to use) huge room very clean and a big bathroom. There is coffee or tea available during the day in the library and in the morning a continental breakfast is served. Lots of different pastries, croissants, muffins and so on. There is a swimming pool as well.
All in all a perfect hotel to spend some days in the area. Staff is very but very helpful, accommodating, giving tips for restaurants (good tips) and genuinely nice. We will definitively come back and stay a bit longer.

Reviewed May 31, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for our second baby moon. When we pulled up to it after 7 hours of driving & we thought we were going to be disappointed. The front doesn't look like much. And the town of Hyannis is not much of anything either except Main Street. If you are going to stay in Hyannis, this is the only place to stay that is 10 times superior to the other hotel/motels in the area. It sits on the Harbor away from the traffic. There is a lovely cafe area with free coffee/ tea all day til 11pm with a fireplace, game boards, and a large plasma. Classical music plays over the speakers all day. Very relaxing. We had a room on the 1st floor off the sunroom across from the pool. It was very small, listed as a queen, which I suspect it was a Full size bed. It was one of the cheaper rooms. It was perfect for the two of us. The last night we stayed I think elephants moved in in the room above us. The sliding glass door on the deck above us must have opened and closed a thousand times. And I think the kids ran back and forth most of the evening. If we stay again I will make a point to choose a room on the second floor.

Reviewed May 28, 2009

We (two beautiful travel goddesses) loved the Anchor In hotel! We stayed in the best hotel room if you ask me, closest to the harbor bay called Hyannis. It was on the top floor with a private balcony and majestic view of the ships coming/departing. I highly recommend this 'Hyannis' room~beautifully decorated with calming neutral colors. Continental breakfast was acceptable with yummy cranberry muffins! The hotel was in walking distance of everything but the taxis were affordable when it rained. Hotel staff was very nice and helpful~ we would stay again if we ever visit Marthas Vineyard or Nantucket again. Thanks for the wonderful stay!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends