“Very clean, very modern, very nice”

Courtyard Cape Cod Hyannis
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Our go-to has been the Holiday Inn but our loft room was booked so we tried this Courtyard property. Excellent in every way. Roll away? No problem. Lobby is updated, nice breakfast / coffee bar. (Starbucks yay!!.). On cape it's tough to find a place that keeps up to date as it is so seasonal. I'm happy to report that this property is.

Room Tip: Drive to your room if its in the back
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Poikelos

Reviewed December 19, 2013

The hotel itself is great for a budget traveller with large rooms that are clean and offer all the amenities a hotel should without the price tag. It is situated right next to a shopping centre and a five minute drive to the Main Street and harbour. Only reason it didn't get five stars is the position of the hotel being a little out of main tourist area. The staff were great.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Spent one night at the hotel while in town for business. I chose the Courtyard expecting a somewhat modern facility with nice rooms. The lobby and cafe have definitely been updated. The rooms seemed a little dated though and were not what I expected from a Courtyard in Cape Cod. My room was next to an exterior door which was quite loud, but I was able to ignore it. Did not spend much time at the hotel, but can attest that the WiFi was decent, the shower was warm, and the bed was comfortable, which is really all you need. But for paying a little extra to stay at the Courtyard, I expected a little more. Will stay elsewhere when in the area again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank IzZzalot
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is an amazing hotel (I stayed here also in 2008). It is huge with lots of hallways. My room was clean and roomy, with wonderful beds. There was a little bench in my room that overlooked a big green area – that was especially nice. There was a frig in room and a coffee pot. All the hotel staff I came in contact with were very nice. I was using the business center one morning, and the girl at the desk was especially helpful.

There's a great coin-laundry room. I always like that in hotel - it makes travelling so convenient to not have to travel around with dirty clothes.

Good free wi-fi and plenty of free parking. There is no free breakfast here, but there is a nice café in the lobby that serves Starbucks coffee and breakfast. This hotel is expensive (but, I got a good rate), but that’s because of the area. It is right next to a mall (walking distance) and there are lots of restaurants around. The Cape Cod Potato Chip Factory is just a short drive away and Downtown Hyannis is also only a short drive away (about 7 minutes). I stayed here twice (separately) in one week. All good, no complains and I’ll be back!

Room Tip: I had a room overlooking a large, green area - it was very nice!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank tczig
Reviewed November 10, 2013

In the 1950s my father was a business associate of J. Willard Marriott, the founder of the Marriott corporation. The first Marriott lodging was the Twin Bridges Marriott in Virginia just across the Potomac River from Washington. "Bill" Marriott worked for his father in all phases of the hotel. My father, mother and I were frequent guests at the hotel. The was nothing that the hotel staff, or the waitstaff at the Hot Shoppes restaurant within the hotel, would not do to accommodate the needs of its guests.

Fast forward 50+ years. I was a 64-year old guest at the Courtyard by Marriott in Hyannis. suffering from heart problems. I was experiencing severe chest pains. I called he front desk and asked if they had two aspirin (to thin my blood to put off the chances of a "Widowmaker" heart attack). I was told, "No", but I could BUY aspirin, Advil or Tylenol from a vending machine in the lobby. In my lifetime aspirin, Alka Seltzer and Pepto Bismal were always available from the front desk as a courtesy. I was told the price would be from $2.00 to $4.00.

The Courtyard has added a Bistro, a Market, and a Go Board. But what they have forgotten is that the essence of a hotel is their staff. Unfortunately, this property's staff fails miserably in that category! Shame on you, and shame on your dishonoring J. Willard Marriott's commitment to customer service!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris_on_MVY
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a group tour so don't know what the cost of the room was but it is at best an average hotel so don't pay top prices for it. Our room was one with a connecting door to the next room. We've had these before in other hotels with no problem. This one, however, was like having no door as far as sound goes. We could hear every word of our neighbors' conversations including the good mornings at 5:30 am and all of their cell calls. The room was very large but the bathroom was quite small. My husband asked the front desk clerk if there was any complementary coffee available in the lobby and he was rudely told that he could make his own in our room. That's fine just don't be rude. The prices at the new bistro for breakfast were very high but there is a Dunkin Donuts across the street.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Hyannis for a cape wedding in September. This was the least expensive hotel we could find, and it was perfect for what we needed. We were only checked in for about 18 hours, but we managed to take advantage of the hotel bar, which was very good. We didn't stay for breakfast there, but the menu looked yummy. Location was good, staff was friendly, bed was okay, rooms were clean ... Overall it was a good place to spend the night.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank MandEfavoritespots
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis
#1 of 22 in Hyannis
Holiday Inn Hyannis
Holiday Inn Hyannis
#8 of 22 in Hyannis

Been to Courtyard Cape Cod Hyannis? Share your experiences!