“Best almond croissant this side of the Atlantic!”
Review of Pain D'Avignon

Pain D'Avignon
Ranked #11 of 207 Restaurants in Hyannis
Cuisines: French, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Modern European style Cafe & Bistro
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

A little bit of Europe hidden in the most unlikely location - in back of the Hyannis airport. Delicious almond croissants, scones, breads... chocolate hazelnut bread is too die for... cranberry walnut bread is so delicious and flavorful. Their lattes are not to my taste - very foamy and a little bitter. Inside is a pleasant sidewalk cafe vibe. Expensive but worth it!

(I always come in the morning, so can't speak to the very different dinnertime transformation)

1  Thank X10Khan

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Hidden gem but worth it! They squeezed us in! Literally, at a tiny table against the bread shelves between two large groups that we had to sidle behind chairs to get there. Tables and chairs are tiny and tight and we're not huge people! Hubby had the free range chicken, um YUMMMM! I had the tagliatelle which was so delish! I would def order the Beef Bourguignon next time when I have more appetite. Portions were perfect for us after duck confit app. Attentive server and staff. Can't say enough about the BREAD!!!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Haven't eaten dinner here since last summer and there have been a number of changes to the menu (as well as the chef). There were six of us and we had a nice mix of things and everyone raved about their choices. The French onion soup, which is always on the menu, is always outstanding. The bibb salad was delicate and deliciously dressed with a light lemon thyme dressing. The flat bread was topped with a light olive tapenade, and the perfect amount of buffalo mozzarella and arugula and was yummy. The most tasty dish was the beef bourguignon. The meat was as tender and flavorful as it could be. It wasn't my dish but that didn't stop me from taking bite after bite. Our server, Eduardo, was delightful and attentive. Can't wait to go back. Nice touch that they send you home with fresh bread at the end of the evening.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

All the food, pastries, bread and even desserts are outstanding. A bit hard to find but well worth it. This place is always busy. Chocolate bread pudding is outstanding. The breads are great. I recommend getting the brioche rolls to go and making you own burgers or sandwiches at home for a delicious replacement of tired old buns and rolls.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Best sandwiches ever!!! The bread is made fresh and the ingredients are fresh and pure! The only thing I didn't like was all the fancy people eating there that think they are better than everyone else. Go get some great sandwiches to go!