“You have to go in the off season”
Review of 586 Bistro & Bar - CLOSED

586 Bistro & Bar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: 586 Bistro & Bar is a hidden gem, It is cozy, warm, inviting with great food made from scratch and to order using the freshest ingredients in a comfortable, casual and relaxing atmosphere, offering nightly entertainment if you want to dance the night away. Late night entertainment starts at 10PM thursday-sunday.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went around 7PM, Saturday, late in Sept. All the negative comments I read about long waiting times, so noisy you could not speak to the person next to you, etc., are gone with the summer crowds. The food was excellent, (I had chicken parmesan, my wife had the salmon) great selection of wines by the glass and the waitress, Jess was extremely attentive. Will definitely be back (except between June-Aug).

Igor K, Chef at 586 Bistro & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2014

Have you gone back since then? :) We have a new menu that you might find interesting. We took only the best from our menus that we had over 5 years and added a bunch of special items that were extremely popular during the summer season. Tourists are leaving the Cape and it's the perfect time to dine at 586 ;)

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We spent about $500 for dinner for bachelorette party, food good, service terrible. Nervous waitress, bill came and after we paid they said they "forget to add gratuity", embarassing. We were invited back for DJ, asked the DJ to dedicate a song, he looked at me like I was a nuisance and he was a "gangsta", really? To make matters worse another party group came onto the dance floor and behaved rudely pushing us off dance floor, calling people names, shoving...where are the bouncers? they never stepped in and continued to serve shots to the drunken group. The manager finally came over as we were leaving. He did nothing but give us lip service and counsel us about how sorry he was. After spending over 500 dollars we left and the obnoxious guests stay-very wrong. Management needs an upgrade and safety is not good!

1  Thank honey195560745
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My family and I have owned a summer home on the cape for 26 years and spend vacations during the summer and winter down there and thought we would try the 586 bar for a night out last weekend since we had guests down. We not only had to wait in a line to get in for over an hour, but the men working the front door were letting at LEAST 30-40 people in ahead of us throughout the entire time we waited, and when we questioned it, the men said that the people were "locals that give the bar support all year round". We were all disgusted, considering they did not even know or care to ask where we were from- had they asked, they would have realized we were "local" homeowners as well. When we told them we come to the Cape all year they did not even listen. Since we had guests and wanted to show them a good time, we stayed in line waiting patiently, and were not let in to the bar until 12:30. We were told we each had to pay a $10 "cover charge" even though we argued that the bar would be closing in 15 minutes, and also witnessed not a SINGLE person that was a "local" pay any sort of cover charge. The men working the door did not care, and told us if we did not pay we would not be let in, and they were well aware that we waited an hour. I will not reccommend going to this restaurant/bar ever again after the way we were treated and embarassed in front of our guests, and apparantly "punished" for not going to the bar "all year round"; not to mention feeling incredibly scammed for having to pay after no one else had to.

2  Thank Michelle G

I am terribly sorry for your unpleasant experience. The night life scene has always been a part of this restaurant/bar. Sometimes there are misunderstandings out there especially when the place is at its full capacity. All feed back is an opportunity to learn and we are working on ways to avoid these complications in the future. I hope you return in the future for a more satisfying experience! 586 is more than just a night club. Come for food and you will be happy! Thank you.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

My wife and I tried this restaurant through the use of a Groupon coupon. Since the weather was nice we decided to eat outside in an enclosed patio on Main Street. A beautiful location for a meal. The wine list was excellent with numerous options for wine by the glass. The warm, herbed flat bread with oil with excellent. Our dinner options [Seared Scallops with Bacon and butternut squash risotto and Chicken Saltimbocca (Chicken with Pancetta, melted fontina and sage over wild mushroom ravioli] were both moist and full of flavor. The creme brulee was also very tasty. Throughout the meal service was attentive without being rushed.

It is amazing that more tables were not taken on a Friday evening. This should be a must restaurant when near Hyannis.

1  Thank slsquest

Thank you very much for your feedback. We have made a lot of additions to our menu that you might want to try. I am proud to say that everything is fresh and made from scratch here! hope to see you soon!

Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

The atmosphere is warm and comfortable. Our server was friendly and very helpful. The entrees we ordered were amazing I had the seared Scallops with Risotto fantastic. My wife had the chicken under a brick with a potato puree she loved it so overall this is a good find.

1  Thank acesiif15