“Awful”
Review of Courtyard Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hyannis
Courtyard Resort
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Reviewed February 9, 2012

We stayed here as a time share week, and we can honestly say it is the worst time share we have ever seen.
It is difficult to describe how poor this property is.
In the 1960s-1970s it was a motel and this is the best way to describe the property. Unfortunately, it is very obvious that very little has changed since it was a motel. The furnishings in the rooms must be the originals, and there are very few facilities. RCI withdrew this property from their books a few years ago, so if your time share company is still using it you may want to ask them why.
Our room ( and other rooms are similar ) –
· had a very old” tatty” sofa, full of cigarette burns
· the carpet was old, had squares missing, and again had cigarette burns
· · had a pull-down bed with no duvet, bedspread, or any decent covering. There was a brown rough blanket- what we would call ‘an ex-army blanket’
· 12 thin wire coat hangers in an old wardrobe–
· had two old electric rings as ‘the cooker’ which were loose
· had minimal kitchen utensils- odd knives & forks which didn’t match
· had no wine glasses- only tumblers
· had no utensils for microwave cooking
· had NO iron or ironing board
· had NO hair dryer
· had NO laundry facilities – in fact there were NO laundry facilities on site !! I asked and was given instructions to go to the town laundry – well over ½ mile away.

The site –
· had nobody on site overnight from about 4:30 – 5:00 p.m. until the following morning
· had NO laundry facilities
· had NO internet
· The swimming pool only had two small lights on after dark -. it was difficult to see. A few large windows had gaps between the woodwork The windows were so filled with moisture it wasn’t possible to see through them One night the hot tub smelled absolutely putrid. This was fixed for the next day after we complained. After a night of rain the ladies changing room was flooded, and full of towels and buckets for 2 days. The towels supplied were so old and small it was difficult to get dry. There were a half dozen sun-beds outside the pool which were so filthy we couldn’t use them

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank shawchessplayer

Reviewed December 29, 2011

We were looking for a Marriott property in Hyannis for an overnight stay. The location stinks as it is on a major road between two malls. The interior was surprisingly nice. The lobby and restaurant appear recently remodeled and our room was clean and carpets looked new.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed July 30, 2011

This resort is right in the heart of downtown Hyannis. Walk to everything! The rooms are simple but very clean. Rooms have partial or mini kitchens which is great.

Room Tip: Rooms have a murphy bed and very usable kitchen area, Or a queen bed, makeup station and a mini kitc...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CostalTraveler14
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Room had a Murphy bed and a sofa sleeper. Sofa looked like it dated back to the 60's. When you sat on it you went down to floor. When opened up, very thin mattress curled up on all corners. All you could feel was metal. Did not open it up to sleep on it. Still had trouble getting out of it because you sank to floor. If there had been four of us, we couldn't have stayed there. Murphy bed was almost as uncomfortable. No maid service. Had to take out own trash and go to laundry room and trade in towels each day.
For an additional fee they would come in mid-week and vacuum. Screw that. Wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank elikitty
Reviewed February 13, 2011

I found the Courtyard very clean and spacious. Located right on Main Street in walking distance to the Marthas Vineyard Ferry and the historical Mains St. The pool was heated and very inviting. I enjoyed my stay very much.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank winsortravel
Reviewed November 19, 2010

as an owner, I am annoyed at the reviews. They always tried to stay affordable…and as far as being clean goes….they are….however, they do not do daily housekeeping – only weekly – (you can pay to have daily housekeeping) – but there is a housekeeping unit that has everything stocked that you might need, including clean linen and towels each day if you want them. There is a towel and linen closet in the unit itself…with plenty of clean towels and sheets. I do take umbrage with people who want lobster but want to pay for a bag of chips! I have to defend the Courtyard as I have spent many wonderful times down there….and the location CANNOT BE BEAT. As far as being dirty or moldy – that is nonsense. The people who left negative reviews sound like very unsophisticated bumpkins who are not in touch with old cape cod! You can stay at the Courtyard and feel very comfortable and relaxed.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank albert1947
Reviewed November 14, 2010

We were given a week's stay as a gift for me and my partner's 3rd anniversary. I will start with the only positive first and that is the location. Easy to get to and from key areas of interest.

Everything else is a negative and I have no tolerance for unclean floors, hence the sock reference, and soiled linens. I also found the showers to be akin to the scene from "Psycho" with such a drab and moldy atmosphere (not to mention the rust stains) the shampoo burned my eyes as they were left open.

Why were they left open, I knew you'd ask, well that is due to the simple fact that the dead bolt didn't lock. When my partner tried to find a maintenance man he was told that "we don't do that around here!!??"

Well, our week's stay turned into 2 nights after the racket from the hot water pipes kept us awake followed during the first night the 2nd night was another story for it seemed like it was being rented out by the hour???!!

The sound cans being opened, the smell of smoke, and noises as you can imagine....eeekkkk......followed by silence and then a repeat of the same was crazy! To make matters worse someone knocked on our door, and wouldn't stop, and when I finally opened it (chain attached) a sketchy looking young man with a nascar hat asks me what my problem is!!!!!

We high tailed it out of there the next morning and headed for an expensive, but clean, alternative.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple