“Service Dogs Not Allowed”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Breakwaters

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hyannis
Breakwaters
Fallbrook, California
“Service Dogs Not Allowed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

I was very disappointed when I wrote to the Breakwaters telling them that I travel with a certified service dog they told me "we have a no pets policy". I told them that I use my service dog to walk and that he helps me with daily living tasks. They only said "we have a no pets policy". The law states "Places of Public Accommodation" means:
Inns, hotels, motels, or other places of lodging, except for establishments located within buildings that contain five or fewer rooms for rent or hire, and that are actually occupied by the proprietor as the proprietor's residence; Which I do not think this applies to this company because they are not using this as a primary residence. I am having a lawyer review it right now. I have traveled all over the USA with my service dog, staying at some of the best hotels in the world. I have rented through VRBO which the owners of these properties are exempt but they chose to rent houses to me many times. Ike is certified through a National Organizations that provide service dogs to people in need. If I could travel alone I would but I can't and I need the help of my faithful, obedient service dog. My service dog is allowed in Hospitals, he even sits on my bed when I have to be there over and over for my incurable disease. I just wanted to let you know that this property is not disability friendly and may possibly be breaking a law.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank jenandike

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

We loved our stay at the Breakwaters! I love the little cottage that we stayed in. We felt more at home at this little home than we ever would at any hotel. The rooms are nicely furnished with just enough room. We were just a very short walk from the beach. We weren't there long enough to use the pool, it actually may have been closed when we were there. We went in September after the summer rush was over. We thought it was cool that you could see the Kennedy compound from our little beach. Will stay there again if we ever venture back up that way again. Price was excellent.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank thomasons
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

Having made a very bad choice of accommodation for last summer's vacation we decided to book in to a hotel for our first night in Cape Cod and drive around the following morning to view some places we had found on the internet. We saw about 6 places and the Breakwaters was the one for us. It was clean, quiet, the grounds and cottages looked well taken care of and it was right by the beach. We stayed in a 2 bed cottage. There were TVs in both of the bedrooms and in the living room. The kitchen was well equiped with a full size fridge, 4 ring stove top, microwave and all sorts of cooking and serving utensils. We had 2 decks with chairs and a picnic table and a charcoal grill. The bathroom was clean and fresh. Shortly after we checked in they brought us a travel cot and high chair which was fabulous and unexpected. You have to bring your own linens for the travel cot but no big deal. I loved the daily housekeeping service! That was a real treat. The staff across the board were very friendly and accommodating. They have an outdoor pool that's open from 10-6 every day with a full-time lifeguard. If nobody is using the pool the lifefuard goes to the reception/office area but if you ask he will immediately open up the pool to let you in. We didn't figure this out until our third day so we missed out on using the pool on our first two days. The location is very close to shopping, beaches, restaurants, etc. and you can walk in to the Main Street in about 10 minutes. Even though the Breakwaters was fully occupied we rarely heard noise from any other guests. The wifi service is very, very slow but other than that no complaints!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Cbmw
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

this trip made us all fall in love with Cape Cod all over again! We stayed at The Breakwaters with 6 families - 20 people in all, ranging in age from 6 to 48. The location was awesome and the kids were able to go from the beach, to the pool, to the snackbar, and the older ones even walked into town! The accomodations were very clean with every convenience. Although the wallpaper was peeling in a few places, the rooms were quaint, quiet, and comfortable. We had 9 kids who had plenty of room for late night UNO games in the 3 bedroom living room. The proximity to the water and the water view from the 3 bedroom deck was amazing. We spent time on the Sea Street beach and traveled to Nauset for the big waves 2 days as well so we had the best of both worlds. Close to shopping, beaches, restaurants, etc. Our 3 bedroom had a big lawn out front which we used for lacrosse practice, baseball practice and intense bocce games. We cooked great meals on the grills onsite too! My only sugggestion would be to add outdoor showers to rinse the sand off. Can't wait to book for next year. Highly recommended for families.

Room Tip: 3 bedroom units 2a, 2b, 3a and 3b are closest to the water!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank pwestfall10
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2011

We checked in on to 7A and are staying for a week. My husband and I have a 1 bedroom with a King bed (which is actually two twins) a kitchen including granite counters and a large sink, a full sized fridge, and a stove, as well as a large deck, a microwave, a coffee maker, a barbecue (including a large pkg of charcoal.) If you keep kosher, the sink and counter is kasherable and there are pots which are stainless steel and can be kashered. Just bring paper plates and plastic cutlery if you keep kosher. There is a 4 pc. bath.

The customer service has been amazing. So far there has been nothing but accomodation to our requests by the staff. This unit has tonnes of windows with blinds and while there is no central air, there is a good cross breeze, we had a fan in our closet and Gilbert went and got us a window AC when I expressed concern about temperature. We are literally steps from the beach and can see it from the deck. This is a residential neighbourhood and very quiet but still close to Main street and other hilights. Our parking was close to the unit.

James in the office actually said to us, if you need something, or anything is missing, just let me know and I will go get it. The pool is locked up except upon request, so it is very quiet and the only thing is you have to request to get it opened for you. We have not been in yet, but look forward to it because we hear it is very warm!'

Linens, toiletries, salt and pepper and even a bag of ice were in the unit already. We shopped and are now set for the week. There is a shop and stop with a kosher bakery in Marston's Mills, and nearby a Trader Joes and a Star Market. No need to eat out. Oh and apparently Chabad has a meal ordering service as well, but we are cooking ourself since we have everything we need!

Obviously this place would be great for anyone, not just people who keep kosher, but I am emphasizing that part of it because it is hard to stay in the cape without a kitchen. Sure, Boston is an hour away, but that's a pain. Also, just so you know, we bought meat in Albany at the most amazing market (price chopper centre street) and apparently there is some frozen meat in the shop and stop although i did not look for it.

very reasonable and thoroughly convenient. i wanna come back for pesach.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Schwevy
Wilmington, Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2010

This place needed alot of updating and fixing. Only 1 outlet in the bathroom worked, beds were really hard, dishes werent very clean, some windows were painted shut, only 1 entrance- no emergency exit.. the place was really run down, especially the kitchen. The walls were very thin- we could clearly hear our neighbors in the attached unit. And come to find out on weekends the park that is adjacent is quite dangerous after dark.. nice and close to the beach though

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank lcolbert
st basile quebec
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

We search hard to find the right place for a vacation on Cape Cod.
The Breakwaters are the right spot for people who want to be close the ocean beach and close to the main street shopping. The cottage is like a second home completely furnished and very clean.
All the staff were helpfull and answer all your questions. The ground is well maintened and the pool water perfect. Thank to James the manager to secured me and my wife before the hurricane Earl. Thanks also to the Brezilian cleaning staff for the work on a very warm week. If you want a five star resort on a budget mind go to the Breakwaters in Hyannis Mass.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank marioStBasileQuebec
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
Anchor In Hotel
Bayside Resort Hotel
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,197 reviews
Cape Cod Harbor House Inn

Been to Breakwaters? Share your experiences!