“They worked with my food allergies, rooms great, but they do NOT recycle anything”

Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Burlington, Vermont, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

At every meal I was given a substitute that I could eat. Excellent poached salmon. Steamed veges. The staff was terrific. Loved my room with its balcony.

However I was aghast when I asked to have my sheets and towels stay put, and not replaced with clean towels and sheets daily. The front desk assured me they would call housekeeping. Well they forgot. So everything was changed. The ONLY way I could get them to leave sheets and towels alone, was to put a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door. And when I made the suggestion to several people, they said, yes, ok, but they really did not understand they should be doing this. Also nothing else is recycled either. No recycle cans anywhere.

They also do not have any maps to guide you around town. or even to walk around the golf course that is on the property?!

Again, staff was excellent. Beds excellent. WIFI was a bit slow.
YOu have to walk down very long halls and up and down stairs to get back to the front entrance.

Room Tip: Ask to have a room as close as possible to the main desk to avoid long long walks down long hallways...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank CBatesVT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Middletown, Connecticut, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

I've stayed here twice out of high season. Overall it's showing some wear both in the rooms and common areas, but is reasonably clean and well maintained for such a large and busy place. Grounds are well maintained. The layout of the place is strange. You can't access most of the rooms without using stairs (even when using the elevator), rendering the baggage carts somewhat useless. I had some trouble figuring out the TV remote, but I think that's the cable system's fault and not the hotel's. The pub/restaurant is nice, although I can't comment on the food. The staff are reasonably gracious and accommodating. It is close to the pubs and restaurants of downtown Hyannis.

My only complaint is cost. At $126 a night (special rate, taxes included) it's a little steep. I realize this is the Ccape but it was also out of season. The high cost is reflective of the expansive grounds and common areas that are expensive to maintain.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Glenn V
Norton, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I use Trip Advisior all the time when I travel so was concerned when I read the reviews but this was the location that our association had already selected ....So I went into it with concerns.. Guess as the saying goes "don't always believe what u read".. Brand new carpeting in guest rooms and hallway .. They were actually installing it in one of the areas when we were here.. The rooms overlooked snowy courtyard but very roomy and equal to a Hampton Inn kind if property.. We liked the sports pub and also liked to be able to walk out to Main St with great variety of restaurants.. Health Club on site is HUGE!! Wanna bring my family thus summer when it's nicer.. Ps.. No moldy smells at all.. Just new carpeting smell!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Joanna B
Bedford, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

I must say I was hesitant to stay at this property after reading some of the negative reviews but I was presently surprised when I got there. The hotel looks as if it has recently been decorated and it is a very large place! The staff was very pleasant and the food in the restaurants and the banquet food was some of the best that I have had at hotels. I was at the hotel attending a conference and my room was great and also looked recently redone. The health club and pool resemble a fine private club. I have stayed at hotels such as this in the past but they have names like Marriott, Westin and from what I was told it used to be a Sheraton? One last thing is I travel all over for business and to get all this place to has to offer for the small price I paid was amazing. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: King Golf Course rooms are beautiful and have great views
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Ronnie H
East Greenwich, Rhode Island, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed here for a basketball tournament and I was not impressed. The reservation staff were rude as well as the woman working at the "makeshift" starbucks counter!
The hotel layout was awkward.....very hard to get around and confusing...there is no 3rd or 4th floor! We were on the 1st floor and getting to the 3rd and 4th floors was a hike!
The rooms were musty and dank!
The restaurant staff were wonderful and so were the maintenance crew who came to fix our loud A/C-heating unit!
The pool was only open until 930 which I've never heard of before.
The breakfast buffet was horrible but surprised that the lunch and dinner food was very good.
The hotel website is extremely misleading.
We all are hoping our basketball association picks another hotel to stay at next year!

Room Tip: I would advise staying on an upper floors as they have balconys but make sure you ask for a room wit...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Helen R
MarketingHyannis, Director of Sales at Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
We thank you for your response and it is unfortunate that other hotel guests who were irresponsible spoiled your stay with us. It should have been a restful stay and it was not and for that we apologize. We would never expect a guest to pay for an experience such as yours and that is why your entire stay was complimentary and taken care of by the manager of the hotel.
Hyannis, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Words cannot described the treatment we receive from the stuff of this Hotel. This is the second retreat we have in this hotel. Cindy our contact person, made everything she could to make this a wonderful retreat. I also want to thank Bill, Pam, and all kitchen members. The food was wonderful , the rooms where very cozy and comfortable . May God bless you

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank VivianD D
Uxbridge, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

My boyfriend and I have stay at this hotel a few times for an annual event each year. After this year’s stay, I don’t think we will stay at this hotel again. We stayed at the hotel with 17 other people across 9 rooms. We had requested a king sized bed (4 months prior to check in) and upon check in got 2 doubles. The room had a dehumidifier and a box of baking soda under the night stand. It also smelt musty. We had to plug in multiple lamps in the room. The stand-up lamp was burnt out as well as the shade on it looked like it had water damage stains and mold. The heater needed some maintenance as it sounded like a motorcycle and would blow cold air whenever it started up. You could put your finger through the gap between our slider doors. The only one good thing they did was that all 9 rooms that were booked were all located in the same hallway.

They also charged each of us a different amount. We all paid the 1st night to hold the reservation ($95) People in our group looked at their banking online and some got charge $190 and others got charge over $300 for 2 nights before we even check out. When the group brought this to the front desk the person working at the desk had no clue and was like we just swipe the card. We asked to see the manager whom said that some of us were charge a $50 incidental fee per night. THIS WAS NOT TOLD TO US, NOR WAS IT POSTED ANYWHERE. They said that it would be credited back to the card but would take up to 14 days. We understand having an incidental fee but be upfront with your guest and be consistent!!

Upon both check in and check out, we were never asked for an ID or a signature to go with the Credit Card we’d used. Also it was snowing when we check out and the actually ran the snowblower through the hallway to get to the courtyard to clean the walkway. It nice they clean the snow promptly however it is fire code violation to run a gas power engine inside. Needless to stay, we will look at other options for next time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
MarketingHyannis, Director of Sales at Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
We thank you for your constructive comments regarding your recent stay. We sincerely apologize that you had issues with your accommodations during your stay and wish you had contacted our guest services desk so that they could either move your room or fix the problems you were experiencing.
Regarding the incidental fee on your credit card it is standard practice for hotels to run an authorization on credit cards so that upon check out credit cards will not be denied and often it is over what the actual room rate. Hotels run these authorizations because most people who dine in the hotel or have room service bill everything back to their rooms for one invoice instead of using multiple forms of payment.
We are very sorry that we were not given the opportunity to provide you with an exceptional experience and if business or leisure bring you back to Cape Cod you will give the Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis another try.

Travelers are raving about these Hyannis hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,238 reviews
Holiday Inn Hyannis
Holiday Inn Hyannis
#8 of 22 in Hyannis

Been to Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis? Share your experiences!