“No Elevators, rude desk clerk, missing shoes”

Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Indiana
“No Elevators, rude desk clerk, missing shoes”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was booked to stay here 2 nights. I did not get the requested King bed. I was told I did not request it., I informed her of how many nights I had stayed in a hotel just this month, I am sure I requested it. 95% of their rooms are two full beds. The worst part is they only have one elevator in one building. The other buildings you drag your luggage up 2 large flights of stairs. The elevator was installed to get to the meeting rooms on the second room in the lobby area. I was told that it was installed when the new owners bought the property. The individual stairway areas have leaking ice machines so when you walk thru in sandals your feet get wet in the soaking carpet. 50% of the rooms overlook a golf course the other 50% the parking lot. I would not stay here on the first floor since the sliding doors open to the parking lot. They have a wing that has a few ADA rooms by the lobby.
After dragging my suitcase up 2 flights of stairs, my room key did not work. I left my suitcase by the door for what I thought would be a quick walk to the lobby thru the other building. NOT so, you have to go up and down stairs from each building to the next. The front desk told me I wasn't a registered guest. Then the girl with an accent told the clerk where to find me. I was issued a second set of keys. They did not work. I went back thru the building again and I told her I think the door needs new batteries. So she called maintenance to meet "us" at the room. She did not think I knew how to operate a key card! She suggested we walk outside the building as it would be closer. We did and the third set of key cards, she swiped, did not work. On my third trip I told her if they did not open the room this time, I wanted to get money back for the pre-paid night and released from the second night. She then tried a real key and it did not open the room. I told her I wanted to be released from the reservation. She became very defensive and said she would have to call the manager. I then called another hotel chain, I stay in a lot, and booked a room in a 4 year old hotel 2 miles away. All while the maintenance man removed the lock and started working on it.
I had been trying to get in the room 40 minutes by then. The phone rang and it was the manager releasing me from the room. The hotel was sold out for the meeting I was attending. It was actually easier to stay at the other hotel and drive to the convention area. Walking from my room at the far end of the last building was at least a 15 minute walk. General conference hall talk, the next day, was what a lousy hotel. They would not stay there if the meeting goes back here next year. I asked where the restrooms were in the conference hall at golf store and was told they only have 2 restrooms in the hotel lobby area, none in the conference hall. Which was incorrect.
One of the beds in the room, 2 pillows, one pillow case. The air conditioner has not been turned on for my stay, so the room was 90 degrees.
When I arrived at the hotel I stayed at and unpacked my suitcase, I was missing a pair of $150 high heels. Which were inside my luggage sitting in the hall for 3 trips to the front desk at this hotel.
I won't be back. I am out a suitcase (broken handle going up and down stairs and a $150 pair of high heels.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank salesrepIndiana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed for a convention. So happy we did not have to pay for this room. The "double"? bed-was really not a double-it was too small- we barey slept. Spiders in the room, the bathtub was not safe-I had to catch myself some slipping. Also in the bathroom-the lightswitch plate did not fit properly-the junction box was exposed. When we checked out-the desk attendant failed to ask about our stay........she must have known.........it was not good! Plenty of hotels on the cape-go elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
East Dennis
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our convention held May 2-4 was a very successful event due to the staff of The Resort. From the start of our planning with Cindy to the ending, the entire staff accommodated us along with other guests from two other groups. We wouldn’t have been nearly as successful without the outstanding skill and cooperation of Bill, the Director of Conference Planning. He did his excellent best to satisfy our requests. He never failed to follow through with anything we asked and our many phone calls were returned in minutes. We saw him pitch in when the staff was overly busy. He did all of this with a wonderful sense of humor which we greatly appreciated. . We would also like to say thank you to the Chef and his entire staff for the menus they provided which were delicious. We heard people saying, “This soup is the best and hottest I have ever had!” How many times have we all complained about soup that is lukewarm. This outstanding quality carried over to the other menus as well. We thank the wait staff for their attention to details and prompt service. We were grateful they could wait for our entertainment to be over on banquet night to clear the tables.

Our rooms were very comfortable, very clean and quiet. The only reason we give an overall 4 star rating is that some of our attendees found the rooms too far to where our convention was held. A 4 1/2 star rating would be more to the point. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Glastonbury, Connecticut
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our overall stay was fair but despite spending $800.00 for lodging and countless more on food at the resort for a Memorial Day weekend soccer tournament, the hotel manager by the name of Lee Ann refused to credit us $27.23 for movies that were never watched. The television programming was set up to access movies when first turned on and our autistic child accidently pressed the wrong button on the remote. When I had asked to have the charges removed, they said that even though the timer read one to three seconds of viewing time, we still were required to pay for the movies. They stated that the incident was unacceptable. They were insincere and unsympathetic to our situation even though we were quick enough remedy the situation by monitoring our learning disabled child. Truly discouraging....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Janice J
MarketingHyannis, Director of Sales at Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
We truly do apologize for the confusion regarding the error on the charge of the pay movies. The guest has been refunded the money for the movies. In addition, The Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis does not discriminate IN ANY WAY against any handicapped or special needs individual. The Resort is actually the only property on Cape Cod that actually sponsors a weekly program for autistic, down syndrome, aspergers and other types of special needs students. We work in conjunction with the Riverview School and the Cape Cod Community College for continuing education and hospitality for special needs students. The students physically come to the Resort every Wednesday during the school year and are trained in Hospitality, The students work in every department from Restaurants, Spa, Banquets, etc... In addition to running this program we also donate time and money throughout the year to the schools annual fundraisers. We again apologize for the confusion but the Resort does not discriminate against anyone in anyway.

Travelers are raving about these Hyannis hotels

new york
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The decor of the main lobby is a dark wood and the place is very large. It was raining and we wanted to check out the resort and pool areas in case of a future stay and perhaps becoming members of the gym. The indoor pool is clean and heated and the hot tub us wonderful.

The gym itself and locker rooms, showers, etc are located one floor below the pool which is weird because you have to cross through the hall and go down the stairs to get their and when you're dripping wet from the pool, it's a bit of a hassle.

They do sell gym memberships to Atlatis Sports Club and you can use all the pools, etc, and you can get a free pass online to go check it out, great thing to do for a rainy day. They also charge $20.00 per day to use the facility or you can purchase a summer or weekly membership. You could also stay at the hotel if you're vacationing. We had stayed elsewhere and visited.

The outdoor pool is gorgeous and inviting. There is a restaurant called Bogey's that looks right out to the pool. We ordered red white and blue chips and the order was huge, I told they waiter we needed another table just for the chips. He was stoic for the most part. There was no one else in the place, he waited on us just the bare minimum. Not overly friendly. He did crack a smile at my comment though. Service could have been a little more friendly. Another server took his place and was a bit more friendly.

The chips came with layers and layers of cheese, olives, tomatoes, jalepeno peppers. We scraped the plate clean! It was that good.

I had the cheeseburger. It was medium sized and tasty as was the side order of vegetables. My husband was delighted with his meal also Garden Salad with grill chicken, and after having bad meals the day before at other places, we were glad to have something good and tasty.

I didn't get a chance to visit the rooms because we were actually leaving that day. But I would certainly recommend the place or perhaps stay there in the future based on the pools, lobby, and restaurant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank tonic67
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had to stay for a soccer tournament with over 90 families. Shower soap dish fell right out of wall and we had to call TWICE to even get a response. They closed the pool early on Sunday during a holiday weekend with tons of kids staying. Customer service at the front desk were terrible and RUDE when we questioned why the pool was closed. I will never spend this amount of money and certainly will never stay or recommend this hotel ever to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013
Raynham, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have worked with the Resort and Conference Center for many years at a former position doing a large event for 1200 guests. When I started my new position at Perkins, I was pleased to know we would be having our food show at the Resort and even more pleased when I realized that Jennifer, the Director of Catering, would once again be my contact. Working with Jen in the past and knowing how efficient she is, how great she is with follow up, and how well she knew former event, made me confident that our experience this year would be a great one. Jen was flexible with our needs and all of our changes (and we made many). She was attentive to the needs of our guests and staff and when there was a problem or anything that needed to be handled, she was always right there to step in and make sure our needs were addressed. The staff that day was always available for cleaning and getting us what we needed to make sure our event ran smoothly. This being my first year doing this event, I felt like I had been doing it for years because of the willingness of Jen and her team to work with me to make it great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis
#1 of 22 in Hyannis
Bayside Resort Hotel
Bayside Resort Hotel
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis? Share your experiences!