WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
East Dennis
“Convention 2013”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our convention held May 2-4 was a very successful event due to the staff of The Resort. From the start of our planning with Cindy to the ending, the entire staff accommodated us along with other guests from two other groups. We wouldn’t have been nearly as successful without the outstanding skill and cooperation of Bill, the Director of Conference Planning. He did his excellent best to satisfy our requests. He never failed to follow through with anything we asked and our many phone calls were returned in minutes. We saw him pitch in when the staff was overly busy. He did all of this with a wonderful sense of humor which we greatly appreciated. . We would also like to say thank you to the Chef and his entire staff for the menus they provided which were delicious. We heard people saying, “This soup is the best and hottest I have ever had!” How many times have we all complained about soup that is lukewarm. This outstanding quality carried over to the other menus as well. We thank the wait staff for their attention to details and prompt service. We were grateful they could wait for our entertainment to be over on banquet night to clear the tables.

Our rooms were very comfortable, very clean and quiet. The only reason we give an overall 4 star rating is that some of our attendees found the rooms too far to where our convention was held. A 4 1/2 star rating would be more to the point. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Glastonbury, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our overall stay was fair but despite spending $800.00 for lodging and countless more on food at the resort for a Memorial Day weekend soccer tournament, the hotel manager by the name of Lee Ann refused to credit us $27.23 for movies that were never watched. The television programming was set up to access movies when first turned on and our autistic child accidently pressed the wrong button on the remote. When I had asked to have the charges removed, they said that even though the timer read one to three seconds of viewing time, we still were required to pay for the movies. They stated that the incident was unacceptable. They were insincere and unsympathetic to our situation even though we were quick enough remedy the situation by monitoring our learning disabled child. Truly discouraging....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Janice J
MarketingHyannis, Director of Sales at Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
We truly do apologize for the confusion regarding the error on the charge of the pay movies. The guest has been refunded the money for the movies. In addition, The Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis does not discriminate IN ANY WAY against any handicapped or special needs individual. The Resort is actually the only property on Cape Cod that actually sponsors a weekly program for autistic, down syndrome, aspergers and other types of special needs students. We work in conjunction with the Riverview School and the Cape Cod Community College for continuing education and hospitality for special needs students. The students physically come to the Resort every Wednesday during the school year and are trained in Hospitality, The students work in every department from Restaurants, Spa, Banquets, etc... In addition to running this program we also donate time and money throughout the year to the schools annual fundraisers. We again apologize for the confusion but the Resort does not discriminate against anyone in anyway.

Travelers are raving about these Hyannis hotels

new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

The decor of the main lobby is a dark wood and the place is very large. It was raining and we wanted to check out the resort and pool areas in case of a future stay and perhaps becoming members of the gym. The indoor pool is clean and heated and the hot tub us wonderful.

The gym itself and locker rooms, showers, etc are located one floor below the pool which is weird because you have to cross through the hall and go down the stairs to get their and when you're dripping wet from the pool, it's a bit of a hassle.

They do sell gym memberships to Atlatis Sports Club and you can use all the pools, etc, and you can get a free pass online to go check it out, great thing to do for a rainy day. They also charge $20.00 per day to use the facility or you can purchase a summer or weekly membership. You could also stay at the hotel if you're vacationing. We had stayed elsewhere and visited.

The outdoor pool is gorgeous and inviting. There is a restaurant called Bogey's that looks right out to the pool. We ordered red white and blue chips and the order was huge, I told they waiter we needed another table just for the chips. He was stoic for the most part. There was no one else in the place, he waited on us just the bare minimum. Not overly friendly. He did crack a smile at my comment though. Service could have been a little more friendly. Another server took his place and was a bit more friendly.

The chips came with layers and layers of cheese, olives, tomatoes, jalepeno peppers. We scraped the plate clean! It was that good.

I had the cheeseburger. It was medium sized and tasty as was the side order of vegetables. My husband was delighted with his meal also Garden Salad with grill chicken, and after having bad meals the day before at other places, we were glad to have something good and tasty.

I didn't get a chance to visit the rooms because we were actually leaving that day. But I would certainly recommend the place or perhaps stay there in the future based on the pools, lobby, and restaurant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank tonic67
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had to stay for a soccer tournament with over 90 families. Shower soap dish fell right out of wall and we had to call TWICE to even get a response. They closed the pool early on Sunday during a holiday weekend with tons of kids staying. Customer service at the front desk were terrible and RUDE when we questioned why the pool was closed. I will never spend this amount of money and certainly will never stay or recommend this hotel ever to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013
Raynham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have worked with the Resort and Conference Center for many years at a former position doing a large event for 1200 guests. When I started my new position at Perkins, I was pleased to know we would be having our food show at the Resort and even more pleased when I realized that Jennifer, the Director of Catering, would once again be my contact. Working with Jen in the past and knowing how efficient she is, how great she is with follow up, and how well she knew former event, made me confident that our experience this year would be a great one. Jen was flexible with our needs and all of our changes (and we made many). She was attentive to the needs of our guests and staff and when there was a problem or anything that needed to be handled, she was always right there to step in and make sure our needs were addressed. The staff that day was always available for cleaning and getting us what we needed to make sure our event ran smoothly. This being my first year doing this event, I felt like I had been doing it for years because of the willingness of Jen and her team to work with me to make it great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sandwich, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

As an event planner, I have acted as lead planner for a community event held every year in the fall. The event involves continental breakfast, multiple coffee breaks, plated lunch, and evening reception for an audience of over 500 attendees. The educational piece of the day includes multiple workshops, as well as a trade show.

Having forged a relationship with Jennifer, Catering Sales Manager, over many years that we have held our event, I can say that she has made the day and the process leading up to this a very smooth project. I have never had to worry about all the minute details, and know that our guests will be taken care of. The banquet and a/v staff have been fabulous to work with, and they are there for my requests at a moments notice. Our group will continue to host our event at the resort for many years to come.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hyannis, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Going to the HRCC was my first time looking at a wedding venue. My family has a history there, so I was very excited to be going and couldn't wait to see what they could do for me.
I was greeted by Jennifer, who couldn't even crack a smile or say nice to meet you. She had a major attitude right from the get go. She showed me the room where the cocktail hour would be, then the deck, and then the football field sized room for my 80-90person reception. I asked if we could add dividers to make the room smaller, she said no. Everything I asked her, she told me no. I said we weren't doing a traditional wedding cake, and she asked me where they would put the table. Not my problem! Every question I asked was answered with a "sigh", eye rolls and a no. At no point was there any "I'll see what we can do for you" or "let me look into that".
I emailed the VP of sales and he backed her up; said that she was just following protocol and showing me what they could do for me, and it wasn't their job to bend to what I wanted. I'm sorry, but if I'm considering spending thousands of dollars at your venue, you should bend a little. Telling a bride that she can't have anything of what she wants, is now how you do business. Best part of his email back to me was that he told me that the HRCC is NOT a wedding venue!!!! They cater to large conventions and he is sorry that my expectations were not met. If you're not a wedding venue, don't waste my time and don't advertise yourselves as such!!
I would never in a million years recommend this place as a reception venue. Jennifer was less than hospitable and I left with tears and feeling deflated. For someone who is the sales manager, she needs a lesson in customer service. Cracking a smile every now and then wouldn't hurt her either.

Spend your hard earned money elsewhere ladies!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo