“When we needed to move these guys were faultless.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis

Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
UK
“When we needed to move these guys were faultless.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

It's not the best location but frankly that is not a deal breaker as Hyannis has enough public parking. Rooms were spacious and clean enough.

We dined out but used the Starbucks in the hotel for breakfast which was a bit thin on choice and being out of town a tiny bit there were no nearby alternatives.

But I often think its the reaction you get when things go wrong that counts so when a toilet overflowed they were onto it immediately and moved us. No trouble.

It's a big centre with a lot of US business folks staying there which gives you an idea of its core market rather than the tourist I suspect but nevertheless it was fine for both.

• 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Disgusting.we walked into the room to find the sheets dirty and with hairs on them.we found more in the bathroom as well as pubic hair.the balcony's door was kept shut by a metal stick.fridge was making a horrible noise.we asked to change the sheets and they did but they couldn't help was with the pillow covers because as they said they don't have anymore.musty smell all over the hallways .for 220$ a night you can find something way better.if you are looking for a place to enjoy THIS IS NOT IT

1 Thank Si1414

Travelers are raving about these Hyannis hotels

Palos Verdes Estates, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Recently I stayed at this hotel as part of a business trip. My trip to and fro was fraught with mishaps (outrageous enough to warrant a blog entry) so I was thrilled to finally reach my destination at the Resort and Conference Center. I was expecting a fairly typical business hotel experience and, in many ways I got it. The lobby was pleasant, the bar had lots of seating and even boasted a wonderful pianist in the evening. The one restaurant did not disappoint (I liked the choice of pot stickers and coconut shrimp on the appetizer menu). I had a salad one night that was not only good but very generous. The buffets set out during the meetings were more than adequate with chicken, fish, fresh salad and tasty deserts.

Unfortunately, the facility itself was old. The never-ending, dark, dank hallways were a little freaky for a woman alone. There was a musty smell throughout because these halls were not air-conditioned. So, on a muggy, rainy, hot day it was tough to get from my room to m presentation feeling fresh as a daisy.

My room was incredibly large featuring both a bedroom and living room. The bed was huge, the linens fresh (although no feather or down pillows). It had a sort of 1950s feel and there were times I half expected the Rat Pack to come through the door and ask if I wanted a cocktail. Both the bedroom and living room looked out onto the golf course. That was lovely but there is no patio, only small bits of concrete with plastic chairs. Still, on the one gloriously sunny day it was a pleasure to step outside and take a moment. Air-conditioners are wall units and mine was particularly noisy (I found out later that mine was not the only one that rhythmically belched through the night). In my case, the lock on my bedroom door was broken and I did report it and someone fixed one lock but not the safety lock.

Bottom line, I was happy that I hadn't booked the hotel for a vacation. For two conference days it was definitely acceptable. Solving the problem of the hallways and the air-conditioners would go a long way to making this a great hotel.*

*Forgot to mention. There personnel were lovely. No complaints there.

Room Tip: Try to get one close to the lobby otherwise it's a long walk - especially if you're in heels...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RebeccaForster
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This place is a convention type "hotel" motel- - There was a few gatherings going on while we were there- we didnt feel safe as anyone could just walk into the hotel without any ID- Also there is no security locks on the doors leading to the hotel hall ways- and no room safe??? The rates were extremely high 220++ per night- Look else where as there is better value on the cape-

We had to carry our bags up 2 flight of stairs- - - the Hotel is very old and out dated- the hall ways were dirty- with food from room service left out all day and night- The room it self was "ok" we stayed 3 nights and more and it would of been unbearable- The Pool was clean BUT the chairs were so uncomfortable we could only stay for 30 min - The hotel breakfast was ok too however, I had to send my order back 2x because they apparently are not familiar with a egg white omelet-

The location is what attracted us to this place- Its very close (walking distance) to town and a short drive to the beach- I would suggest making a reservation for any place in town during summer season as the waits were 90+ min without-

Over all I would not stay here again- I would look for something a little more up to date- ie: a Elevator-

Room Tip: ask fir a room on the opposite side of the parking lot- as the rooms facing the parking lot are very...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bakersfield, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Kind of dark. Damp and a bit smelly. The linens were nice and fairly new. Only one restaurant, but is just the bar. Food is mostly fried junk. Not even a decent wedge salad--lettuce had been cut too far in advance or it was a tad old. Nice beefsteak tomatoes though. Little or no service. No one to help with bags. Glorified motel on a large plot of land with lots of green space.

alexandria, LA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We came for a class my husband was taking. After seeing reviews of this hotel, I tried to find a room elsewhere with no luck. I was very apprehensive about the cleanliness. The lobby is fine, updated with lots of comfortable seating and a Starbucks counter. Our room (416) looks updated with newer carpet and paint and granite countertops in bath. Bedding was white and clean. The hallways, however, are unairconditioned, with damp moldy carpet. Gross! Kids had breakfast at Mulligans. $9 for both, they said it was good. The staff is average. Location is about 1 mile from the quaint downtown. Great restaurant (Paddock) just across street. The price is fair for Cape. I would stay somewhere else if I returned. I don't think the management cares. Their problems are very apparent and they just haven't done anything. Rip out the carpets and put something else in the wet hallways!

1 Thank travelingcircus38
Canton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed 2 nights, as we were there for a Melody Tent concert. The hotel has been updated considerably over the years, and it shows with the new pool decks indoor and out. Very large pools and nice jacuzzi. Excellent golf course, restaurant, 2 bars, and poolside beverage and food service. Bathrooms very well done over. A true resort atmosphere. Only complaint was the old and very loud air conditioners.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank magaler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
SeaCoast Inn
Comfort Inn Cape Cod
Comfort Inn Cape Cod
#15 of 22 in Hyannis
3.5 of 5 stars 109 reviews

Been to Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis? Share your experiences!