“Dated hotel but nice workout area and pool - also great golf on premises”

Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
berkeley
“Dated hotel but nice workout area and pool - also great golf on premises”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

This hotel has an eccentric layout but has a golf course and is in close proximity to the town. I liked it but you may have a room on the second floor where there isn't an elevator.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
NY
Reviewed June 20, 2011

My husband and I visited Cape Cod for the weekend and stayed here. It was supposed to be a 3.5 star hotel but the rooms and the hallways themselves didn't really feel like a 3.5 hotel or a "resort" for that matter. The hallways were super outdated - it was just painted with a 70s flat/matte light blue paint with old looking carpeting. if it was going to be just a painted wall, I think they could've used eggshell finish or something.. The rooms did seem a bit renovated - especially the sink area.
When we stayed - (and I guess it's always like this..since it's a "conference" center) - we wondered if they had a AARP or bingo night was on because the crowd seemed to be all of a certain age or older. It wasn't exactly the ambiance I would feel from a "resort". The breakfast - I guess was buffet style for these conference guests and they refused to let me buy breakfast and bring it to our room. I found that to be very unhospitable. We didn't exactly want to eat with the crowd of older strangers with name tags on them... so it didn't really leave us with a choice but to step out.

Positives: Nice sized gym and pool. Location was ok - close enough to the main streets of Hyannis. But for the same price range, and similar amenities (minus golf) we enjoyed the Radisson on the other part of town MUCH MUCH better.

Also I guess if you play golf, there is a golf course attached to the property - I imagine most of their cost goes to the maintenance of this. Not so much about the decor or treatment of guests...

Avoid going there if you don't want to be stuck among the crowd of some event/reunion...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank myxz
Mystic, Connecticut
Reviewed May 9, 2011

This location has undergone a fabulous transformation!! We have attended the Cape Cod Feis for the past six years, but stayed at other hotels, until this year. The staff was gracious, informed and helpful. Rooms were clean and well-appointed.(bathroom was very tight in one room, but much larger in the other) There is a spacious lobby lounge with plush sofas and chairs, a piano bar, sports bar/restaurant and a Starbucks. Food was another pleasant surprise: fresh, creative and reasonably priced lunch and dinner menu met the approval of our family members ages 8 to 83.

Room Tip: Reservation staff was very helpful!!!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank NeMoe486
Woburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I just returned from a Quilting Retreat at the Resort and Conference Center in Hyannis. Our group of 12 women stayed there and had a work space set up for us to use. The entire experience was wonderful. We received exemplary service from everyone with whom we came into contact - from the sales woman who helped arrange the weekend right on through to the gentlemen who helped us move our tables around when we decided to change our workspace. The whole place was clean and comfortable and we all left feeling pampered and relaxed. Some of us enjoyed the pool and hot tub, others had pedicures and manicures. We all thought the work space - the Orelans room- was well lit and perfect for our purposes. We all found something delicious to eat at the pub and enjoyed breakfast in the restaurant. We are looking forward to coming back again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed March 13, 2011

We came to run the Hyannis Half Marathon . After a lengthy drive, we welcomed by a friendly face at the resrvation desk, had a clean, spacious room in the area of the facility we had requested and took advantage of all amenities provided (gym, pool, hot tub, business center). We also took advantage of the late check out provided. I plan to make this my "go to" place in Hyannis in the future.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank snowshoe00
Portland, Maine
Reviewed December 23, 2010

We were in Hyannis for the Seaglass Festival, which was held right at the Resort and Conference Center. Of course staying at the hotel (with discounted rooms for the two-day event) was extremely convenient. The rooms were very clean, the beds and pillows were very comfortable, and our view of the golf course was marvelous. The pool is great and it was never too crowded. We also went for drinks in the bar as well as breakfast in the main dining room..Service was impeccable in both places. There is a Starbucks in the lobby with many comfy sofas and chairs for relaxation. This was actually the second time my husband and I stayed at this resort and we would not hesitate to stay again in the future. Our only issue was that we put a "do not disturb" sign on the door of our room and the housekeeper entered any way, which we found intrusive and wrong. We did mention this at the desk and they said they would speak to the manager. When we return, we will see if this has been corrected.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed December 12, 2010

I was very nervous about our stay at this hotel because of the bad reviews but we were booked here for a skating competition by a travel group.

The property itself is fine, but it's the staff that really shines. My daughter got the stomach flu our first night and when I went looking for chicken soup, the chef made her a tray with broth, toast and crackers. So thoughtful. The housekeeper scoured our room and changed the sheets, working around a sick kid, giving her space but not making her feel bad about the mess she'd made. Another housekeeper came running after me because she found a cell phone & figured out I was with the group that had lost it.

The rooms were nice, we must have been in a recently redone one (although the HVAC system was loud!) and I love that they had a mini fridge. We used the gym and the pool and found both to be excellent.

I'd absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis
#1 of 22 in Hyannis
Bayside Resort Hotel
Bayside Resort Hotel
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis? Share your experiences!