“Boz Scaggs and Michael MacDonald”

Cape Cod Melody Tent
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the oldest continuously-operating tent theaters-in-the-round in the US, along with our sister venue the South Shore Music Circus in Cohasset. A 2,300-seat summer, open-air theatre that hosts national artists and comedians on a revolving stage. No seat is more than 50 feet from the stage!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Cape Cod Melody Tent is a one of a kind place to go to. Its elligence has remained untouched since the 70s, No seat is a bad seat there. Boz Scaggs and Michael MacDonald played just like it was the 80s. Fabulous show never to be missed!!!

All reviews
"revolving stage"
"beach boys"
in 15 reviews
"no bad seats"
in 12 reviews
"four tops"
in 6 reviews
"great place to see a show"
in 5 reviews
in 14 reviews
"audience"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We are very grateful to have such a wonderful venue here on Cape Cod. The Melody tent brings such great entertainment to our backyard. It often feels like your own private concert. My only suggestion is that it can be very hot in the summer months, dress accordingly.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I went to the July 6th performance of Boz Scaggs. This was my first time at this venue It was hot and humid outside and just miserable inside the tent.They had no fans, no air conditioning, and no way of opening up the top of the ten to let in some air. It was like a sauna inside. I did like that the seats were close, but having the revolving stage I quickly realized 2/3rds of the time I was behind the band, not in front. The seats are not very wide, and I felt like I was in the middle seat on a cheap airliner.For some reason(to sell more overpriced alcohol to more people?? ya think?) the venue lets people bring alcohol back into the tent. Just my luck as some drunk knuckleheads behind me were and acting stupid. It wouldn't take a lot to make this a better place to see a show. Maybe the owners ought to sit in the regular seats sometime.

DirMktg, Public Relations Manager at Cape Cod Melody Tent, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Being an outside concert venue the weather does vary and is something we cannot control. There are openings at the top of the tent which allows some heat to escape but it is true that it can get very hot on a humid night. Our concession prices are the same as other large music venues in the area. The tent is made up of all the same seats. There is no special seating due to the venue being a theatre in the round. Suggestions are always welcome on how to improve the venue and create a better experience for patrons.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went to see Michael MacDonald and Boz Scags over the 4th of July weekend. We had not been to the Melody Tent in a few years. I forgot how great the seating is. As the stage revolves, you get a great view of the performers. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The prices inside for refreshments are a bit high, like every where else