TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Open today: 6:00 AM - 7:00 PM

Recommended experiences in and around Hyannis
from $12.00
More Info
Go Boston Pass
165 Reviews
from $63.00
More Info
All reviews martha's vineyard day trip oak bluffs captains view prepaid parking ticket office plenty of seats nantucket island great trip grey lady return trip before departure comfortable ride snack bar both directions comfortable seating fast boat
Selected filters
Reviewed August 25, 2018

This was a very pleasant way to get to see Martha's Vineyard. The ride was an hour and the water was smooth. We were on a 9 am boat which was full so we couldn't find 2 seats together although after a while people get up to stand outside and then we could sit together. There is food on board and there is also a nice coffee shop to get breakfast in the harbor before you board.
When we ordered the tickets for the board we also ordered tickets for a bus tour around the Vineyard. The tour is interesting. It is on a school bus with no air conditioning (although you get a nice breeze once out of traffic) and it did come a few minutes late although this was offset by the good tour guide. Also there was no one at the boat dock directing you where to go to find the tour bus. In retrospect, we should have just chosen a tour once we got to MY rather than in advance.
Our way back was less crowded and it was easier to find seats together although we arrived at the dock when suggested and had to stand in the hot sun waiting. The trip back was smooth as well.

Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

We had previously taken the ferry from Woods Hole with the PA, but Hyannis was much closer to where we were staying. It costs much more but the service and location was worth it to us. We had an air conditioned ferry on our return, which was very nice. There is a bar with snacks and drinks. We got to MV in an hour. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed August 16, 2018

Took the Hy-Line Ferry to Martha's Vineyard. Left at 9am and arrived in Martha's Vineyard an hour later. Ferry was very clean & comfortable. Staff were friendly and directed you to which line to wait in. The line was about 60 people deep but we still managed to snag three seats together. Parking was additional to the ticket with the lot across the street from the dock/ferry. There were two places recommended by the boat crew I spoke with. Lookout Tavern for the view from the deck and lobster roll. A a donut shop called Back Door Donuts for apple fritters. The fam & I went to both and would highly recommend.

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank ChitownTravelGal
Reviewed August 15, 2018

Took family of 6 to Nantucket for the day. Quick load on and off, plenty of seats if you are in line 30 min before - otherwise don't expect large parties to sit together. Got a table so kids could play cards, and took turns heading out to watch the ocean from the deck. Very clean boat, helpful staff, and quick service at snack bar.

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

I’m a big advocate for great hospitality, and I can’t say enough about the staff of Hyline Ferries! My friend and I took the 9am boat from Hyannis to Oak Bluffs and the return at 3:35pm on Tuesday, August 14th. As I was standing in line for the ferry to Oak Bluffs, I realized that I made a mistake in my ticketing. I ran over to the ticket counter, and our tickets were quickly adjusted. The men scanning tickets guided us back into the part of the line that we were originally in, so we didn’t have to head back to the end of the line. I was very pleased with this! Also, all of the staff members I spoke to for both journeys were incredibly personable and professional. The ferries also left on time. Thank you for a lovely experience, Hyline! I will definitely recommend you to others who visit the Vineyard!