“"Come back Heston!"” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Little Chef

Little Chef
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“"Come back Heston!"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Slow service, grubby smelly toilets, average food and has lost all the magic sparkle from its Heston make-over.

Best avoided.

1 Thank Lee_Andrews

London, United Kingdom
“Heston would be crying down his ox cheeks”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Hi. I thought I'd try out this little chef as I'd seen it on tv with Heston. What a good piece of PR. What a shame its been wasted. 7 members of staff on. There were 10 people eating. The Sky Blue Thinking roof has water marks on it. The tables were greasy. The service slow. The burger I didnt eat as it was raw and cold. The plates too big for the portions. It was £40 for my wife and two kids. Their chicken was dry. Onion Rings greasy.
I have been considering writing to Heston himself but I think even he has dissowned the brand?
I see little chefs closing down everywhere I go and now I know why. The end of a British Tradition? With food like that Little Chef will not be missed

2 Thank Dan L
“On return not so good!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Returned after a couple of years away after my husband and I were down for our honeymoon to Cornwall.
We just returned to relive the first meal had as a married couple with our newborn son :)
Sadly we were disappointed.
Greeted by a sad looking guy. Went to sit at a table which was not cleared or wiped down.
Waited for a good while for crockery to be removed.
Someone takes our order, we wait for our coffees, someone comes over to clear the crockery, then another person comes over with coffees table not or wiped :(
I said to waiter I don't think you want to put that clean tray on a clean surface :) So got my trusty baby wipes out! Yuk they turned a different colour!

My meal was fine gammon and fried egg which was very over done. My husband's Olympic Breakfast was cold but he ate anyway. The plates were pretty cold hence cold food.

No-one asked if our food was okay during our meal.
When we paid for meal no-one asked of meal was okay. It's a small thing but it goes miles :)

Husband and I will sadly not be returning when we drive down the A303 to stop at this Little Chef. Others are BETTER!

Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
“dry bread”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stopped here on the way back from Brighton
I had the Tuna melt toasty, it was ok
The Wife had a Chicken and bacon wrap which was overcooked completely
The kids had fish finger sandwiches,and chips , The bread was hard and dry around the edges chips very greasy and unappealing, the children had one bite and did not eat anything else
not been to a little chef for years and probably wont again for several more tarted up greasy caf
on a positive note we did complain and they took of the cost of the fish finger sandwiches

Hampshire
“What a disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

Having passed this, supposedly revamped restaurant many times and being curious to see if it still lived up to the previous hype, I and an elderly friend decided to stop for a cup of tea and a pastry on our way home.

The restaurant appeared to be split into two sections and we were ushered into, what can only be described as, a poorly furnished section which resembled a works canteen. Sitting on a hard seat in that room certainly wasn't a comfortable experience. The other section appeared to be a bit more comfortable, with softer seats, but we weren't given the option despite it not being crowded.

Even before I had managed to sit my elderly friend down and having the chance to read a menu, a waiter was upon us asking what we would like to drink. We ordered our tea and waited a few minutes before it arrived. I then asked a male waiter what pastries were on offer and he said he didn't know so would have to go to check. He came back later and offered us a grand selection of two pastries - we placed our order. About 10 minutes later a female waitress came across and asked if we had placed an order and we explained that we had. Having drunk our tea, we were now not in the mood for something to eat so asked for our bill, which never did arrive. We were then approached by a more senior male waiter who, again, asked if we had ordered and I explained that nothing had happened and I said that I wanted the bill. Again, the bill didn't arrive so I went up to the counter to be told that, because of the mix-up there would be no charge.

The restaurant was uncomfortable and the staff appeared poorly trained. This visit was a totally unpleasant experience and doesn't do anything to enhance the reputation of Little Chef or Heston Blumenthal. I can't comment about the food because we didn't get any. However, the tea was very nice.

• Visited July 2012