“Very friendly dive bar.”
Review of Barefoot Bob's Beach Grill - CLOSED

Barefoot Bob's Beach Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Lots of locals and very friendly staff. Probably a blast when really busy. it has a great location accross the street form the beach

1  Thank hubnwiff

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I live in Hull. We have frequently gone to this establishment before and after Kitchen Nightmares. Have had some awesome meals. Tonight my usual Haddock NANTASKET was horrible and missing ingredients, the service was slow..which is bad news with our 18 month old grandson and other family there to celebrate my birthday. At the front as we were waiting to pay our bill we watched as the hostess sat at the front desk-podium and took 10 pictures of herself making several faces on her phone! Yes 10...we watched and counted! I was totally embarrassed that I chose this place to celebrate with my guest after talking it up as one of the better places in Hull. The only reason I would give the second star is because we have had good food before and hope this was just an off day.

8  Thank woodguy000
Reviewed May 17, 2013

First of all, POO to Gordon and his dramatic waste of network airtime. That guy is famous for making himself look good at the poor unsuspecting restaurants expense that he exploits for his ridiculous Kitchen Nightmare's show.

Barefoot Bob's is by far the best place to visit on Nantasket Beach! It's a great place to eat, drink and hang out with your friends while enjoying a fabulous beach view.

The food is quite a few levels above "beach food" quality and the staff is fun, friendly and professional. And the owners maintain a friendly relationship with and actually care about their customers.

They've poured their hearts and souls into Barefoot Bob's Beach Grill and it show's within every aspect of their business. Do them a favor and swing by for a great meal in an unbeatable atmosphere.

2  Thank BMore714
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We decided to drive an hour to visit this restaurant that was featured on Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares this past weekend. It is located South of Boston in Hull, about an hour away.

The place was easy to find. Hull is a peninsula sticking out into the ocean and Barefoot Bob's is on the 1 main street, just after the road splits in two, one going each direction with the restaurant and several other businesses in the middle. Parking was fine, along the beach, and free. It may be more difficult in the summer. There were a lot of motorcycles parked outside and on a neighboring property.

We got a table right away, inside. There were also tables outside, but it was in the low 60s so a bit cold to be out in the wind.

The first thing we noticed were the high number of bikers in the bar (obviously the owners of the bikes outside). They came in all shapes and sizes and were really no problem at all, if a bit loud. The occasional motorcycle leaving and revving their engine outside was also a distraction.

The nachos we ordered had little cheese and a lot of crunchy onions and uncooked lettuce, jalapeno, and diced tomato with some chili on top. What cheese there was was burned to a crisp on the tortilla chips.

Our waitress was very friendly and had a good smile, but she disappeared for long periods of time even thought there were only 3 tables inside occupied. Perhaps she covered outside as well.

My burger was good, cook the way I ordered it. The fries were great. My daughter's clam strips were good, and my other daughter's Chicken, Broccoli, and Bowties came with ziti instead. They were out of a number of items, including the chili. My wife had a Fajita Wrap that was OK - not bad and not good.

The check took 20 minutes to come, with us sitting with our dirty dishes watching a college softball game on one of the 10 TVs scattered around the place. Even my beer was gone. My coconut rice never came, but it wasn't included on the bill.

Prices were average, perhaps on the high side. The bill for 4 people was $77.

The place looked shabby. Some of the stuffing was coming out of the seat cushions. The ceiling is fairly low and the floor grimy. The decorations were fine - beach theme. The bathrooms were singles, so there were lines for both the Men's and Ladies' rooms.

Overall, a bit disappointing. It was more of a bar that served food than a restaurant with a bar. The outside area would be a big plus in the hotter weather if the service got better.

6  Thank Chris B
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We had a great meal with a couple of drinks for a reasonable price. Mahi-Mahi grilled tacos with mango pineapple salsa.

1  Thank Ignazio S