“Nice roof-top deck, OK food, but inattentive service”

Red Parrot Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Parrot Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 48 Restaurants in Hull
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2012

If its a warm summer night, and you feel like having a leisurely meal, enjoying the ocean air, this is the right place to be. You get a great view of the ocean until the sun goes down. Then it gets very dark and you can't see anything. We got there at about 7 and had a 20 minute wait. We were seated within the promised wait time. We were sitting at the table closest to the water, which was lovely before the sun went down. Once the sun went down it was completely dark at our table: No patio lights (except near the back, close to the building), no table top candles. We had to use our phones to light up our food! The service was very slow. After taking our order, the waitstaff hardly came by. Food tool a long time to come out.
As far as the food. It was average. The fish tacos were very good. My Cobb salad with grilled Shrimp was not bad. The shrimp didn't taste like the freshest I have had. Our friend had a single lobster special which was fine. She was still hungry after so she probably should have ordered the "twin lobster". The pasta and shrimp dish was OK. When we mentioned the lack of light, they didn't offer table candles (I guess they didn't have any). Because we were with our friends and it was such a nice night, I didn't mind the wait. OK food with a nice view. I'd be inclined to try someplace else the next time I visit Hull.

There are newer reviews for Red Parrot Restaurant

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Caught this place on the night the chef walked out. Food was disappointing. The manager and staff were more than helpful even to the point of giving us a gift certificate to return.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We arrived at 5:00 on a rainy Sat night, were told there would be a 20 min wait and directed downstairs to the bar. In the lounge area, we sat and waited to get a drink but were ignored by the bar tender as well as every server coming by. It seems that a large party was just seated and with the inclement weather the roof deck was closed we were last on their worry list. I was upset at the wait and headed to the door when the hostess advised our table was ready. My wife insisted that we sit down and I am happy that you did. We had a fantastic meal. The steamers with the best we've had in years. Her salmon was superb and my half rack of ribs was great. It was raining and it was loud but after a couple of glasses of wine....a 20% tip ....the bill was $86 for two. It was a wonderful night after all. We will be back.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

A nice restaurant by the sea. The view is very nice. The restaurant is very clean. The idea to replace the fries by a cuban salad for items in the menu was very good and the salad tastes very good.

A nice experience overall.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

The view from the upper deck is amazing. This was my second visit in a year, and the food has greatly improved. Great place for lunch or happy hour.....

1  Thank Vickie030