“Excellent Seafood and great ambience.”
Review of Jake's Seafood

Jake's Seafood
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Hull
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Jake's has been serving award winning fresh seafood for over 50 years! We are a seasonal (open April-November) restaurant located in beautiful Nantasket Beach directly on the water! We feature a full service seafood market for those wanting to take fresh seafood home and prepare for themselves and offer a full liquor service as well as a children's menu.
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Walked to this restaurant during the day and checked out the interiors. They also sell fresh seafood during the day.

I went back to the restaurant in the evening and it was pretty busy. I ordered Mussels and was amazed at the abundant quantity served. It was delicious and could not eat anything else from the vast menu.

There are newer reviews for Jake's Seafood

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Food is OK but pricey I think. And at their prices I want better and more attention paid to cooking times. It's fish not rocket science. Would go there again but first visit was better. Needs consistancy in the kitchen.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Great view, awful food and prices! The great reviews must have been planted by staff. I should have realized it was expensive when they had no lunch menu posted on the web. The atmosphere was nice but not the food. The fried fish tasted like it was fried in a pa paper pulp batter-completely tasteless and horrid. Soft drinks were $2.95! I was too
despondent to look at the desert menu.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Jake's is my guilty pleasure for fried clams and onion rings, and still serves the best fried clams, in my opinion. This family friendly restaurant consistently serves fresh seafood, and the fried clams are fresh, crisp and not overly heavy. The onion rings are light and crispy, just the way they should be. I went here last night and, as always, Jake's lived up to my expectations for a good meal. Although the restaurant was busy, we were promptly seated, and service was fast and attentive. I was pleasantly surprised to find that they expanded their beer selections this season to include several microbrews, some even on tap. My wife's salmon was prepared well, and the Seafood Platter for my son was large enough to bring a portion home.

I've found that once the summer season starts, this restaurant gets packed on the weekends. Going during the week may have a shorter wait for dinner.

If you have young children, the Paragon Carousel is just across the street. It is a restored carousel from the last century with all its ornate furnishings. It's fun to stop here either before or after Jake's and let the kids enjoy a ride.

1  Thank ackdog1
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

The food is generally excellent, with always fresh oil for the fried foods, which is evident in the flavor. You will pay downtown prices however for modestly sized portions. It is generally fried food after all is said and done, though broiled baked items can be found in the menu.
Seafood is expensive about anywhere tho, since we fished out George's Bank. The last time I went there for my annual contribution to a local rest., I was not very satisfied with the quality of my meal. The place is directly waterfront, though at low tide, not that appealing a view. Not their fault...