“Great Seafood!”

Jake's Seafood
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Hull
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Jake's has been serving award winning fresh seafood for over 50 years! We are a seasonal (open April-November) restaurant located in beautiful Nantasket Beach directly on the water! We feature a full service seafood market for those wanting to take fresh seafood home and prepare for themselves and offer a full liquor service as well as a children's menu.
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We decided to eat lunch here after taking the kids to ride the historic carousel across the street. The seafood was fresh and my dad claims that the clam chowder in a bread bowl is the best he has ever had (and he usually doesn't say things like that). I had the lobster roll and loved it. It was basically large chunks of lobster that were stuffed into a bun. They served the mayo on the side so that you could add it to taste. It was great. My husband got the fried clams and I thought that they were better than the fried clams we had eaten in Woods Hold just a couple of days before (and for which we paid significantly more).

I disagree with the comments that this place is overpriced. We bought some fresh live lobster to eat later from the seafood counter for $ 4.99/lb for a small lobster. Just for grins, we called the fish vendor in Scituate that we usually buy our lobster from and he was selling the same thing for $ 6.99. So we were happy with the price.

Overall, this place is not fancy, but the seafood is solidly good and fresh, the atmosphere is casual and friendly and we enjoyed it very much.

1  Thank travelingjulietx

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Best seafood in the area and it would seem that everyone agrees based on how busy it was. Go early or be prepared to wait although they move people in and out quickly.

1  Thank Kristina G
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We ate here last week for the first time and were quite pleased. The prices were a little high, but our food was good (mussels, scallops), the waitress was very friendly and the water view was a nice bonus. Across the street is a beautiful carousel to ride, if you want a bit of fun before or after your meal. All in all, a nice experience!

1  Thank Caligal222
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My family was craving for seafood and headed one summer night to Jakes. Their service is consistently good. The seafood is hot and fresh however the portions are small for what you are paying for. That being said its the "only game around" and there's always a line out the door with people waiting sometimes 30-60minutes to sit down.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

They made plain pasta for my daughter which was nice. The lunch my mom and I had was so small, she had poor mans lobster and I had fish and chips. Almost 60 dollars later, we left hungry!